Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cinnamon

Go down 
+5
Rob
Shell
Krissy
bethandmanly
Julia
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Cinnamon Cloud910

Cinnamon Empty
PostSubject: Cinnamon   Cinnamon EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 1:27 pm

My guinea pig Cinnamon has been dealing with a nasty tumor. At first it was a little bump. It then grew very large then busted open. We took him to the vet a couple of weeks ago and they gave him some antibiotics. (It's a real trip trying to give them to him. It's a liquid I have to squirt in his mouth.) Today we came back to see what we need to do next. The antibiotics have made the tumor "flatten" but he keeps on gnawing on it which prevents a scab from forming. They decided he needed a cone to keep him from being able to bite it. They tried one on his head but that did not work out too well. They finally put on around his waist. That was better. I got home and put him in his cage and he went CRAZY. The poor thing ran the edges of his cage over and over while running into things and crying all the way. Felix had no idea what was going on. Cinnamon bit him and I had to comfort him. His cone came off twice and I had to put it back on. As soon as I did the same thing happened! I couldn't take it. I have taken the cone off and am leaving it off for a bit. We've pretty much gathered that surgery is going to be the best option. Surgery is $400-$500 dollars more or less. In our situation that's like a million dollars.

Please keep Cinnamon and this situation in your prayers. I am going to try and put the cone back on him after lunch. I really hope he stays calm. He has to wear this thing. Poor dear doesn't know what's going on or what is happening to him.

Thank you. (A couple photos below.)

Waiting for the doctor.

Cinnamon A9nnb-10

The cone/skirt.

Cinnamon A9nnb311

Cinnamon A9noih10

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Cinnamon JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Cinnamon Bokmal10

Cinnamon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon   Cinnamon EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Aw, so sorry to hear this. I'll pray for him.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Cinnamon Headac10

Cinnamon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon   Cinnamon EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:48 pm

aww.pooor dear

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Cinnamon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon   Cinnamon EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:40 am

Thank you both!

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Cinnamon JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Cinnamon Purple2

Cinnamon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon   Cinnamon EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:05 pm

Poor Cinnamon. I will pray for him.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Cinnamon Goodsi10

Cinnamon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon   Cinnamon EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:37 pm

Praying, Julia. How is he doing today?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Cinnamon Love-s10

Cinnamon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon   Cinnamon EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Poor little guy. Blue I hope he's ok, Julia....I've said a prayer for him.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Cinnamon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon   Cinnamon EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 4:15 am

Thank you all.
He is doing ok today. It's just impossible for him to wear his cone all the time. I put it on him certain times a day and put him in a box where I can watch him. He seems calmer with it on in the box instead of the cage. Strange.

Cinnamon JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

Cinnamon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon   Cinnamon EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Oh, Julia...what an awful new..I'm so sad whena little sweet guy like yours is suffering! What kind of tumor it is? I'll pray for Cinnamon and I hope he' will improve. No

Vanesa

Cinnamon Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Cinnamon Happy010

Cinnamon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon   Cinnamon EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Praying for Cinnamon. Poor little guy! No
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Cinnamon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon   Cinnamon EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 1:25 am

We aren't really sure what kind of tumor it is. Guinea pigs are obviously very prone to tumors. (I wish the saleswoman told me that when I bought them.) He just refuses to wear his cone...skirt...whatever you want to call it. Lol. He finished his antibiotics two days ago. I am thrilled at that because it was like pulling teeth giving it to him. The stuff smelled strange like anti-itch cream so Lord only knows how it must have tasted. I gave him treats in between squirts so it could combat any type of nasty taste.

Cinnamon JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Cinnamon Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Cinnamon Happy010

Cinnamon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon   Cinnamon EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 1:51 pm

Well, guinea pigs aren't actually any more prone to tumors than any other breed of animal. We had guinea pigs for years when I was a little girl, and early into my teens, and none of them had any tumors. One of them did have leukemia, but unfortunately, that's a disease that can affect any creature. It sounds like Cinnamon, himself, just happens to be unfortunate enough to have a tendency toward tumors. Poor little guy.
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Cinnamon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon   Cinnamon EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 7:36 pm

Lisa wrote:
Well, guinea pigs aren't actually any more prone to tumors than any other breed of animal. We had guinea pigs for years when I was a little girl, and early into my teens, and none of them had any tumors. One of them did have leukemia, but unfortunately, that's a disease that can affect any creature. It sounds like Cinnamon, himself, just happens to be unfortunate enough to have a tendency toward tumors. Poor little guy.

All I will say is that ever since I got my guinea pigs I have read up in books and online and I am always reading how prone and how common it is for piggies to get tumors. I have friends who have guinea pigs and theirs have dealt with tumors. Not everyone who has them will have one to have them but t is pretty common.

Cinnamon JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

Cinnamon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon   Cinnamon EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 12:00 am

I think it's pretty common NOWADAYS. Cats are also prone to tumors nowadays, and my last one died from a tumor in his stomach. However we had had cats since I was a baby and no one died from tumors. scratchead Maybe it's the kind of food we are feeding them with, or just the air they (and we, human beings) are breathing. Blue

Hope your little one could feel well in no time. Smile

Vanesa.

Cinnamon Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Cinnamon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon   Cinnamon EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 1:14 am

I agree. Today things are not the same. Weird things happen more on account of things put in foods I believe. Nothing is as healthy as it used to be. :/

Cinnamon JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cinnamon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cinnamon   Cinnamon Empty

Back to top Go down

Cinnamon
Page 1 of 1