Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey

Go down 
+2
Rob
Kamberley
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kamberley
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kamberley

Number of posts : 628
Mood : Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey Indiff10

Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey Empty
PostSubject: Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey   Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey 68933_10

I'm sure at some point you may have heard this story. If you have not here it is

It was a warm July morning in Evansdale, Iowa when two little cousins, 8-year-old Elizabeth Collins, and 10-year-old Lyric Cook went on a daylight bike ride. The little girls loved riding their bikes and playing together. On July 13, 2012 the girls’ grandmother, Wylma Cook, was watching the cousins at Elizabeth’s house to help out. At 11:30 a.m. the girls asked their grandmother if they could go for a bike ride. Within an hour Wylma Cook knew something was wrong. Elizabeth and Lyric never came home. By 3 p.m. that afternoon police were searching for the girls. By 4 p.m. the girls’ purple and red bikes, Elizabeth’s purple purse and cell phone were found just 2 miles away on a trail near Meyers Lake. A hunter discovered the cousins' bodies Dec. 5 near a park about 25 miles from their homes.

I lived in Evansdale as a child, I went to school with Lyric's mother. This has sadden our community beyond belief. These two families will have Christmas without their babies. It just breaks my heart. I ask that you all pray for these families.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey   Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:34 pm

I remember hearing about the disappearance. Such a sad ending. No
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey   Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:30 pm

I remember this, too. Will be praying for their families.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey   Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:39 pm

This is awful. In one way I'm glad the families have closure at Christmas, because in my opinion there is absolutely NOthing worse than not knowing what happened to your child. But by the same token....it's Christmas...and what horrible news. No Sending up prayers for the families.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey   Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 12:06 am

I heard about this too. I can't imagine what that family must be going through. Prayers going up now.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey   Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 12:26 am

Didn't know this story...How TERRIBILY sad it is! bawling Blue cryB

Vanesa.

Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey   Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey Empty

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth Collins & Lyric Cook-Morrissey
Page 1 of 1