Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Too old?

Go down 
+6
Ellinor
JW
Rob
bethandmanly
Krissy
Julia
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Too old? Cloud910

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Too old?   Too old? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 7:15 am

What is your opinion of an 18 year old girl dating a 25 year old guy? Too old or not? The boy is an extremely decent boy, pure, innocent, and a strong Christian.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Too old? JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Too old? Headac10

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 8:28 am

I guess at 18 the girl is a adult and old enouh to make her own choice.Tho at the same time he does seem a little old.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Too old? Bokmal10

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 1:55 pm

As a mom, I wouldn't be thrilled. There are so many changes young men and women go through in their late teens and early twenties. I dated a guy who was 19 when I was 16. Even just those three years made a huge difference back then. Now, I wouldn't bat an eyelash on dating a man ten years older than me--if I were available. Smile My hubby and I are the same age; though he is two months and 5 days older than me.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:31 pm

Well, as you probably guessed I am referring to myself. Ooops

I guess what makes this lovely fellow different is a lot of things. First thing is what I mentioned at the beginning. The boy is an extremely decent boy, pure, innocent, and a strong Christian. He has been raised very correctly. He has the utmost manners I've ever seen in my life. An extreme gentleman. He is SO respectful. He calls my parent's "yes sir" and "yes ma'am"...although sometimes he'll be silly and call my Dad, "Mr. Policeman sir", but rarely. HeeHee He truly is like a rare find. At first you might think he is real shy and reserved but he is just quiet and very laid back...but like they say you have to watch the quiet ones..he can be really funny too when you are not expecting it. It's quite adorable and charming. We attend the same church. He possesses all the qualities in a man that I have been praying to God for....even down to looks!! Tall, blue eyes, wears glasses... ShyGirl I am just like...wow! I don't know if I have a chance, but if it is God's will, it will happen. People tell me I am mature for my age....if I am, maybe that's a good thing and will go in my favor since I look much younger than 18! When I am around him he brings out a part of me that no one else does or ever has. A very outgoing, relaxed girl who doesn't have a care in the world at the time. I don't even worry how my hair looks or how I look period. It's amazing. The person I desire the most to be like all the time, he brings it out in me.

What has made me suspect that he might be starting to fancy me is the fact that all of the sudden now he seems very nervous around me...restless and fidgety. People claim I've grown up over night. Whether that's true or not, recently he looked at me and smiled, looked away and began to step forward, then he stopped and did I guess what you call a "doubletake"? I don't know if that is what you call it. Anyhow, he just starred at me for the longest time smiling. I starred back smiling. Usually I get so nervous when a guy stares at me, not him.....

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Too old? JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Too old? Goodsi10

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 2:48 pm

MissYoungClassic wrote:
When I am around him he brings out a part of me that no one else does or ever has. A very outgoing, relaxed girl who doesn't have a care in the world at the time. I don't even worry how my hair looks or how I look period. It's amazing. The person I desire the most to be like all the time, he brings it out in me.

I don't think anyone could ask for more than that, Julia. Age difference can be a big deal, but it can be just as true that the years don't matter at all, given the right people. Hope everything works out the way you want it to.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 3:24 pm

I agree with Rob & beth. Hope things work out with you.In the long run it seems like you could build a good friendship with him Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 3:25 pm

Rob wrote:
MissYoungClassic wrote:
When I am around him he brings out a part of me that no one else does or ever has. A very outgoing, relaxed girl who doesn't have a care in the world at the time. I don't even worry how my hair looks or how I look period. It's amazing. The person I desire the most to be like all the time, he brings it out in me.

I don't think anyone could ask for more than that, Julia. Age difference can be a big deal, but it can be just as true that the years don't matter at all, given the right people. Hope everything works out the way you want it to.

That is very true! I love how you highlighted that. It now means a lot more. Smile It is great to be around people that bring out the best in you.

Too old? JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Too old? Happy011

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:03 am

I guess it is a bit of a gap there but it shouldn't matter if they are the right people for each other, People might like the idea better once you were 20 and he 27 then it doesn't sound like so many years,
I for my self wouldn't make a decision based on age Smile

Too old? Jacobk10Too old? Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 6:33 pm

JW wrote:
I guess it is a bit of a gap there but it shouldn't matter if they are the right people for each other, People might like the idea better once you were 20 and he 27 then it doesn't sound like so many years,
I for my self wouldn't make a decision based on age Smile

I agree with you. My parents themselves are 10 years apart in age.

Too old? JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Ellinor
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 160

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 7:57 pm

A friend of mine (who is 16) have a boyfriend who is ten years older than her. They've been together for almost a year, and they seem to be a great couple. I guess when it comes to love, age (and also weight, height, size etc) are just numbers.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 3:14 pm

It is a bit of an age difference, at least to me, but if he is respectful of you and makes you happy, that is important Smile
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:32 pm

I agree with both of you. My main focus is to focus on God. If he wants me and this certain gentleman to be together, He will allow it. Right now I will just enjoy him and his sweet company. Smile

Too old? JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Davidccl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Davidccl

Number of posts : 120
Mood : Too old? Indiff10

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptyWed May 08, 2013 11:10 pm

It should be fine. I'm only saying this because of the people I work with, just as long as your comfortable being around him you'll be fine. Just know when to get out of there if he ever makes you feel uncomfortable. Also, its good that he's the quiet type because if your going out/really good friends and somebody starts "messing around" with you while he's nearby he could scare them a bit (Quiet guys are scarry when they are angry).

Ying and Yang, Good and Evil, Light and Dark..  All are 2 sides to their own coin.  Niether can live with each other, but none can also live without the other.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/dcat682
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Too old? Love-s10

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:24 am

I guess I can't agree more with Rob---if he makes you feel this way, completely content with yourself, then that speaks volumes.

But I see what Cheryl is saying too.

I had just turned 19 when I met my husband who was 26 at the time and we started dating. I really thought that was a crazy age difference at the time and was very worried about it. And of course my parents were and they were right to be, because he had a lot more experience than I did. Let's just say that the first decade of marriage was no picnic, because he was very set in his ways at that point, very independent and had a hard time settling into married life and parenthood and 'answering' to someone. Eventually he got the hang of it though, batEyes , through TONS of hard work and commitment on both our parts, and we have now been married 23 years and he is the best husband I could have ever asked for. All the hard work totally paid off. We were one of those couples who married and probably everyone at the wedding gave us 5 years. Whistle But we were meant to be and eventually the age difference didn't mean anything.

But when we were younger the age difference WAS a factor and as Cheryl was saying, there is a lot of life experience between those years and it's sometimes hard to connect/mesh the two lives together. My son is 23 next month and is crazy about a 19 year old girl he met at college, but is discovering that there is a lack of maturity there that one can only gain with those years of experience. I'm sure she considers herself to be very mature, but she's really not. My hubby had a lot of growing up to do at 26 himself, and I'm not sure '19 year old 'me' was the best thing for him. But all's well that ends well. Wink I really do feel like it depends on the individual people and how they mesh as individuals.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:31 am

I agree with Amy.I understand her point. Smile

Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptySun May 12, 2013 5:50 pm

I see everyone's points here & definitely understand them. Like I can't stop saying, I am leaving this all in God's hands because I know if I try to do anything, I might make a mess of it. If it is meant to be, God is going to make sure it happens. It has been frustrating though because he works a lot on Sundays because he has to. It has made me a little weary because if anything was to happen, it's hard when I cannot see him. Other suitors have been pursuing me & one is very tempting to go with, but I am not jumping into a relationship yet. I did get to see him today though for the first time in what feels FOREVER...it was very nice. grinsmiley Some good signs were shown. I think it is really good that we have so much in common in our views, beliefs, interests, hobbies, etc.

Too old? JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 12:05 am

A little update, not that it matters, but just thought I would tell y'all that this upcoming Sunday, after church, our families are going out to eat. Smile

Too old? JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : Too old? Confus10

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 10:05 am

Smile YAY!

Too old? PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 11:25 pm

Just thought I would let you all know that the young man I had been chatting about is leaving for a whole year out of country. I am okay. I just wanted to thank you all for your prayers concerning this situation. Smiley Hug
-Julia 

Too old? JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : Too old? Confus10

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 11:21 am

Oh what a shame!

Will be praying.

Too old? PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Sponsored content

Too old? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too old?   Too old? Empty

Back to top Go down

Too old?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: The Schoolhouse: Teen Hangout-
Jump to: