Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's Gone to the Dogs......

Go down 
+9
bethandmanly
Amy
Lori
LHOTPfan2000
julmer70
Gin
Krissy
Rob
Rhonda
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 Love-s10

It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 10:06 pm

Oh wow, I just watched the Sandra & Lizzie ballet one! OhMy That was in incredible! SO beautiful---brought tears to my eyes!!

The fetch one is so cute...I've seen that one, but still makes me laugh! HeeHee

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 10:08 am

"Published on Feb 23, 2015
No time for fetch! Elsa the yellow lab helps family shovel snow in their backyard hockey rink Elsa was all business, ignoring the tennis ball nearby She bit down on the handle of a shovel and confidently scooped a path Owner Greg Cox tweeted video and said 'So my lab is ready for hockey' He tagged ESPN sportscaster John Buccigross, who called it 'beautiful' Video has received 13,000 hits on YouTube since it was posted yesterday

Elsa had no time to build a snowman, or even play fetch.

The devoted Canadian yellow lab was on a mission to help shovel her family's snow-covered backyard hockey rink.

Ignoring the tennis ball nearby, Elsa meant business when she bit down on the handle of a big blue shovel.

The dog, from Guelph, Ontario, confidently shoveled a straight path, even as she struggled to maintain her grip mid-way.

Elsa's owner Greg Cox tweeted the clip out to his followers and tagged ESPN sportscaster John Buccigross, according to Huffington Post Canada.

Cox wrote: 'So my Lab is ready for some hockey, are you @Buccigross @NHL ?? #backyardrink #Canada #hockey #puppy'.

Buccigross, who wrote a weekly NHL column for ESPN's site for 10 years, tweeted Cox back and said 'Greg, that is beautiful!'

Cox's daughter Claire, who named Elsa, can be heard in the video cheering her hard-working pup on.

The proud owner also tagged Budweiser in a separate tweet and asked them if they needed 'a new lab' for their commercials, alluding to their much-loved recent puppy advertisements.

When one Twitter user asked Cox how the family managed to teach Elsa the trick, he said she had never been trained.

'We didn't teach her at all,' he wrote back. 'She watched us do it many times and loved being out there, so who knows?'

Cox also shared the video of Elsa on YouTube, where the 11-second clip has already been watched over 13,000 times since it was posted yesterday."

It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 Rhonda10It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 10:10 am

Oh, drat! It says that the video has been removed by the user!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 10:19 am

See if you can view this one....same video, just different person posting it, and they added music to it. Thumbsup

It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 Rhonda10It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 10:23 am

Laughing How adorable!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 10:47 am

Too cute! She looks happy doing it, too.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 3:51 pm

Seen this on Canada AM. Cute indeed!!!! Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 6:53 am

This is too funny!  I couldn't embed it, but here's the link:

Squirrel trying to hide nut in a dog
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 9:05 am

That dog looking at him....."Go home squirrel, you're drunk!"  Laughing

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 9:07 am

laugh3
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 9:31 am

Is that a pet squirrel? Very strange, you can tell the dog isn't happy about what the squirrel is doing!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 9:41 am

Not sure of the context. I just came across it on YouTube. HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 2:20 pm

Laughing I'm so glad you shared this here! That gave me SUCH a laugh last night! I love how when the nut falls on the floor, the dog looks quickly like, "Is that something I can eat??"
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 5:57 pm

The animosity between two of our favorite animals is well-documented through books, cartoons, and pop culture at large. If we’re to trust what we see on TV, we’d believe that cats spend their days plotting against dogs, and that man’s best friend is forever lying in wait for kitty to chase.

This notion probably comes from the behavioral differences between the two species. A dog will gleefully bound up to a person he’s never met before, whereas a cat would be far more aloof. He may even observe a newcomer for several hours or days (often from the top of a bookshelf or fridge) before he feels comfortable enough to sniff and explore a new friend.

But then there’s Bow-Z the dog and Jasper the cat. When Bow-Z returned home from being away for 10 days, nobody expected his kitty companion to react like this… I won’t give it away, but I will say that it’s just about the most adorable, heartwarming moment between four-legged siblings I’ve ever seen! I love how Bow-Z is like…”Jasperrrr, get off of me!” But Jasper just won’t let go :)

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 7:54 pm

Love SO sweet! My Emily (a golden retriever) LOVED cats....She was so bonded with our first cat that when he died, she mourned his loss so deeply that she wouldn't even eat. She would lay at the back door and just cry and cry. bawling We finally got another cat because we thought that she was going to die - she just WASN'T getting over his death. I'm not kidding - we brought Tommy into the house, and Emily immediately perked up and started to snuggle him and showed him around the house....They quickly became the best of friends. Love
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 10:40 pm

In dog language that cat was doing one of the most rude behaviors possible.. In just that short time I saw the dog give at least 6 stress signals!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 9:06 am

I kind of miss having a dog

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 9:13 am

Me, too, Krissy.

Rhonda, when my first cat was a kitten, he used to ride on Emily's ear! She didn't mind it at all - for a while. HeeHee Then when she'd get tired of it, she'd just flip-flip-flip her ears, and fling him off. HeeHee They would sleep cuddled up with one another, and play games with each other....And if Arthur (the cat) would start playing a little too rough, Emily would gently let him know that she needed him to settle down. (She'd turn her head away from him, or curl her lip just a little like, "I love you, but you're gettin' on my last nerve, boy." HeeHee )  And if she got too tired of it, she'd just wander off and go lay down. Bow-Z and Jasper remind me a lot of Emily & Arthur.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 6:50 am

HeeHee  laugh3 ROTFL

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Some of these are so sad.....but some, I must admit, I laughed way too much!
ShyGirl HeeHee

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 6:54 pm

laugh3 ROTFL  Hilarious, Rhonda!

A dog in a car fails to understand the laws of physics.  And amazingly, it was unhurt!

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 6:57 pm

One of the many reasons you should never let your dog stick their head out of the window while driving...

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 7:04 pm

Well, it's okay as long as the window isn't down far enough that they can jump out.  yes
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 7:09 pm

Well I wouldn't say ok, because they can be seriously hurt by flying debris while driving...

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 8:01 pm

My dogs were always avid head hanger-outers.  I guess it's one of those things where you have to ask yourself if the fun they're having is worth the remote chance of injury. Now I have cats, so it's a moot point. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Gone to the Dogs......   It's Gone to the Dogs...... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Gone to the Dogs......
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next