Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

40th Anniversary Cast Reunions

Go down 
+16
Kristina
Shell
Davetucson
Honeybee
Carpenters4ever
ilovelittlehouse20
JW
Gin
Jillybean
alexczarn
julmer70
Muriel88
littlehouselover
bethandmanly
Amy
LIWnut
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 Love-s10

Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:51 pm

Dan McBride " Henry Riley" was who I was asking about with Nellie.
Just didn't recognize him. Its nice to see those that were regulars, in the background.

Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:51 pm

I read that too, Amy! I was the one who suggested a "Prairie Cruise." That would be fun!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:19 pm

littlehouselover wrote:
I hope it's okay. It went through paypal and I see the charge as he said it would be. I got am email from Patrick saying he is mailing it to my address and asking for feedback on it if I liked it or not.
He got his business address and gmail.

I hope I do like it. I'll keep an eye on Credit card as I always do.

Well, being Patrick I'm sure you'll be ok----he's not just 'anybody' I suppose, and he probably knows anyone who's ordering this type of book is a huge fan and knows 'him'.  I'll be interested to hear what you think of the book!!

Gin wrote:
 Dan McBride " Henry Riley"  was who I was asking about with Nellie.
 Just didn't recognize him.     Its nice to see those that were regulars, in the background.

You know what??  I didn't even see all those pictures that Dave posted until tonight!  For some reason they weren't showing up for me! scratchead  So when you asked who Nellie was sitting with I thought you meant one of the pictures of her with her husband on her fb page, from the link that Dave posted.  So funny, I didn't recognize Dan McBride until he said that he was the one who berated Nellie in her restaurant, and THEN I could 'hear' it in his voice!  and I could hear Nellie yelling, "Comin' right up!!!" laugh3 

julmer70 wrote:
I read that too, Amy!  I was the one who suggested a "Prairie Cruise."  That would be fun!

Oh my...a prairie cruise!! thud   You would have to *seriously* pinch me!!  To be absolutely honest, this would have been exciting to go to this, of course, but I personally would have been disappointed at who showed up...or who 'didn't' show up, I guess.  I would be thrilled to see Alison and Dean in person, and Ms. Beadle, but other than that...I don't know.  If I ever do go to a cast reunion like this, I'd want to have Karen & the two Melissa's there, and Matt L.  Those would be the biggies for me, along with Dean and Alison.  That may be too much to ask though!  Sounds like everyone is still very busy in projects and in 'life' in general, so it would really be tough to get them all together, I realize. Oh, you know who would be neat to see together? Nellie and Nancy!! I don't think Nancy (can't remember her name right now) ever shows up at these things! scratchead 

To Dave, thank you for posting so many pictures for us!  That was really great, going through those! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 12:07 pm

Patrick was in Walnut Grove, but I didn't get a chance to meet him. We had to stand in line for 3 hours the first day to get Dean's, Lucy Lee's, and the Greenbush twins' autographs. It's also tough to pay $20 for the book, even though it would be a nice collectible. We just had so many ways to spend money over the eight days we were traveling that I used that $20 to buy photos of me and of the Divas together as a group with the entire cast.

Patrick said it would still be available to order, but that he would be shipping from France. BTW, Alison said she has two new roles coming up. I think a TV spot and a horror movie.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 5:39 pm

I received my book today, Prairie Memories...just glanced at the great pics, and I didn't know Karen Grassle did Wit, (loved that play) Will enjoy looking at it after dinner with a cup of tea. ; )

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 6:49 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Patrick was in Walnut Grove, but I didn't get a chance to meet him. We had to stand in line for 3 hours the first day to get Dean's, Lucy Lee's, and the Greenbush twins' autographs. It's also tough to pay $20 for the book, even though it would be a nice collectible. We just had so many ways to spend money over the eight days we were traveling that I used that $20 to buy photos of me and of the Divas together as a group with the entire cast.

I can see where you have to pick and choose.  Sounds like the Diva pic with the cast was money well spent!  Thumbsup 

littlehouselover wrote:
I received my book today, Prairie Memories...just glanced at the great pics, and I didn't know Karen Grassle did Wit, (loved that play) Will enjoy looking at it after dinner with a cup of tea. ; )

Green with envy over here!!  Enjoy! Applause

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 7:26 pm

I loved how Richard Bull and Katherine talked of how intelligent Jonathan Gilbert was, very much so. Katherine said Alison thought he was the brightest on the set. She stated that his foster mother ignored him and Melissa got all the attention (I suspected that because the whole family was written off) She said he made a lot of money in 9 years and took off and left the acting to his sister. He was absent for years and then Melissa said he joined the Peace Corp back then and went to S.America.
I never believed the stockbroker/Buddist/Theatre stories, for a few reasons, but I hope he's happy now whatever he is doing. I could understand why answering questions about him might be uncomfortable at reunions since it was personal with MG.
Great interviews...you can still order it, but it will come from France! :)
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 12:08 pm

Don't believe this one either.....Melissa pretty much makes it up as she goes along.......she's forgotten what she said ten years ago.....He was in Newport Beach then...doing theatre!

In Melissa Gilbert's autobiography "Prairie Tale," she writes that when Jonathan was in his early 20s, he moved away from California and she has had no relationship with him since then, for reasons supposedly unknown to her. She writes that he's a stockbroker living in New York.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 4:22 pm

Well, this wasn't now Dave, it was the first few years he left... might have done it might not, but for a while she didn't want to admit she didn't know where he was because fans would say "Why?" and that opens a pandora's box of questions. I'm sure it was harder with coworkers. How sad, they all said, all 4 interviewed, he was a good actor, did what he was told, played well with the other kids. Richard Bull kept in touch for a while and one of the twins...Melissa Sue had said it had been a while, but he would touch base now and then early on. That poor stockbroker, he must have fans write him with Jonathan's bio from internet sites, and it's not LHOP Jonathan's bio but his. That guy went to business school and has his name but it ends there. ; )
Too bad, because I think he might have done some reunion shows, but not with MG and she was a big part of the show.
Katherine also mentioned that Michael almost had a "crush" on Matthew Labyorteaux, loved him. His brother became more famous but both were adorable. I know you've commented on that too.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 4:42 pm

There is always a reason for things like that to happen. I have my opinion as to why, but I will keep it to myself. Sounds like an interesting book.......

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Me too Dave, but my gut never had a good reason so I just prayed I was wrong but the silence even from Sara was reminiscent of certain things.

Let's hope time heals.

It's more of a magazine, soft cover. If I can scan some pics in the future, (with permission) I will. This is the cover:
https://www.facebook.com/karen.grassle?fref=ts
Back to top Go down
Jillybean
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Jillybean

Number of posts : 39
Mood : Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 3:35 pm

My mom and I were there. We went Saturday. The first autograph session was in the pouring rain, and my mom didn’t want to stand in line (I would have but we had no umbrella and I understood why she didn’t want to). At the next autograph session, we chose the table with Lucy Lee Flippin, Dean Butler, and the Greenbush sisters (who were SO DELIGHTFUL!!) because we just love Eliza Jane!! We stood in that line for 3 ½ hours before getting up to the table. The person in front of us chatted at length with Dean Butler and Lucy Lee so by the time we got to them, the staff made them sign in a rush and move us along. I was bummed about that but they were just following instructions and could not have been nicer! Part of the reason why the line was so long, I suspect, is because they took the time to talk with the fans and answer their questions. It was a real treat. They skipped their afternoon break and the second autograph session morphed right into the third. I think that is so gracious and commendable!

After leaving that line, we checked out the table with Alison. Looooooong line there! Then we checked out the line with Hersha, Radames, and Charlotte. It wasn’t too long but my mom was really tired (and I suspect dehydrated) from standing in the sun and said she was done for the day. . So we checked in to our hotel, went to dinner, and went back to Walnut Grove for a Q&A. It was so fun!! The only ‘awkward’ moment was when someone asked Dean Butler if he felt ‘immoral’ filming scenes with the much younger Melissa Gilbert. Dean handled it very, very well.
One question was for the cast to each give a line from their character, which they love or remember. Dean Butler said, “I want you to be my wife,” and over half the audience swooned. It was a wonderful evening!!

Though I don’t have many autographs from the event, I certainly have the memories.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 Wg_20110

Back Row:  Dean Butler, Wendi Turnbaugh, Hersha Parady, Radames Pera, Lucy Lee Flippin, Dan McBride, Robyn Sidney Greenbush

Front Row:  Rachel Lindsay Greenbusy, Charlotte Stewart, ME!!, Alison Arngrim and Brenda Turnbaugh

Sunday July 27, 2014

Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 MarilynKeeper Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 15, 2014 8:24 pm

Great pic, Marilyn! You're like one of the family.  loveheart 
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Smile

Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 MarilynKeeper Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 Bookclub2

Last edited by LIWnut on Tue May 19, 2015 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 6:01 pm

Thumbsup 

Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 3:05 pm

Smile

Last edited by LIWnut on Tue May 19, 2015 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 3:56 pm

Very cool! Is everyone from the show as nice as they seem to be?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions   Grove - 40th Anniversary Cast Reunions - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

40th Anniversary Cast Reunions
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5