Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Avocado spread/paste

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Avocado spread/paste Cloud910

Avocado spread/paste Empty
PostSubject: Avocado spread/paste   Avocado spread/paste EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm not sure really what to call this, but it is just something I whipped up the other night & was a big hit, especially with my Dad. He's not sure what to do with himself practically without having this dish every night with his dinner.

You take some avocados. Since I serve this in small portions, I don't buy many at a time. You take a ripe avocado & use half or a little over half. Mush it up till it is like a spread or paste. After this, you pour in some salt. About 5 shakes or so will do. I use pink Himalayan salt, but any salt will do too. Then, put a few shakes of pepper. Mix well. Lastly, shake some of Braggs Organic Sprinkle. It has 24 herbs & spices. Don't be too sparingly about it. You mix & then taste. It should not be super spicy, but just a tiny bit. Then, you put it in the refrigerator to chill or you can eat it then & there. Whichever you prefer. Serve in a small dish.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Avocado spread/paste JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Avocado spread/paste Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Avocado spread/paste   Avocado spread/paste EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 11:29 am

Mmmm, I love guacamole!  I would love to try the spices you used, Julia. I've never used half and half either.  Makes a great healthy snack---I always mix with onions and tomatoes and sea salt.  Yum!  And I like blue corn tortilla chips.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Avocado spread/paste Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Avocado spread/paste   Avocado spread/paste EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 12:23 pm

Sounds good... I love avocados too. I'll give this one a try  Thumbsup 

Avocado spread/paste Horses10
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: Avocado spread/paste   Avocado spread/paste EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 1:12 pm

Amy wrote:
Mmmm, I love guacamole!  I would love to try the spices you used, Julia. I've never used half and half either.  Makes a great healthy snack---I always mix with onions and tomatoes and sea salt.  Yum!  And I like blue corn tortilla chips.

Your recipe sounds delicious as well!  grinsmiley  I love adding this to dinner because since avocados are filling, it helps everyone feel more full longer & prevents from snacking on maybe things that are not as healthy. It too serves as a wonderful snack when you get the "munchies".

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

PostSubject: Re: Avocado spread/paste   Avocado spread/paste EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 1:17 pm

Carol wrote:
Sounds good... I love avocados too.  I'll give this one a try  Thumbsup 

Yay! Let me know how you like it. Smile 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avocado spread/paste   Avocado spread/paste Empty

Back to top Go down

Avocado spread/paste
Page 1 of 1