Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melissa Gilbert on......

Go down 
+5
littlehouselover
Rob
Krissy
bethandmanly
Teresa
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Melissa Gilbert on...... Happy010

Melissa Gilbert on...... Empty
PostSubject: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 3:52 pm

"Watch What Happens Live." Melissa was a guest star last night on Andy Cohen's show. She was pretty funny. It's not up on you tube yet, otherwise I would have posted it.

Here's a clip from the Watch What Happens Live website.

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/season-11/videos/melissa-dishes-on-dating-tom-cruise

Melissa Gilbert on...... TeresaKeeper

Last edited by Teresa on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Melissa Gilbert on...... Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Is she promoting her new kid's book? FoxNews had a headline on their website the past two days saying, "Melissa Gilbert flees Hollywood," which talked about her move to Michigan, what she and the new hubby are up to, and the book. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/01/22/melissa-gilbert-on-moving-to-small-town-its-like-green-acres-without-farm/

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Yes, she was promoting her new children's book. Andy asked her a lot of Little House questions.
I posted a link up above when she talks about Tom Cruise.

Here's a clip on what she thought of Melissa Sue Anderson.

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/season-11/videos/after-show-melissa-s-troubled-little-house-relationship

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 4:32 pm

I was thinking, "Tell us what you really think of Melissa Sue." Ha!

Melissa's cute dog is there, too, dressed in her jammies.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Melissa Gilbert on...... Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 4:39 pm

Teresa wrote:
I was thinking, "Tell us what you really think of Melissa Sue." Ha!

Melissa's cute dog is there, too, dressed in her jammies.

I know, just let it go already.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Melissa Gilbert on...... Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 5:01 pm

Oh wow! Thumbsup 

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Melissa Gilbert on...... Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 6:10 pm

Teresa wrote:
Here's a clip on what she thought of Melissa Sue Anderson.

Wow, I knew the Melissas weren't friends, but I didn't realize there was that much animosity! After she told the story about being pushed out of the wagon, the guy asked, "What was the issue there?" I think he meant the issue between the girls in general, but Melissa thought he was talking about the wagon, so she just elaborated on that. I would've liked to hear what she thought the real issue was. Or did she tell in her book?
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Melissa Gilbert on...... Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 6:16 pm

I HAD NO IDEA THAT THEY WERE NOT FRIENDS. I wonder how come?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 6:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Melissa Gilbert on...... Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 6:54 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Is she promoting her new kid's book? FoxNews had a headline on their website the past two days saying, "Melissa Gilbert flees Hollywood," which talked about her move to Michigan, what she and the new hubby are up to, and the book. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/01/22/melissa-gilbert-on-moving-to-small-town-its-like-green-acres-without-farm/

Oh my gosh, to Lisa:  Gee, does the description about the people driving slowly by the house and them feeling like T-Rexes on display remind you of anyone?? laugh3  Suddenly I feel just a weeeeee bit guilty! HeeHee  (But not remorseful by a long shot. Wink ).

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Melissa Gilbert on...... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 7:46 pm

Amy wrote:

Oh my gosh, to Lisa:  Gee, does the description about the people driving slowly by the house and them feeling like T-Rexes on display remind you of anyone?? laugh3 

*gasp* YES!! We saw people like that. No Shocking. Simply shocking.  ShyGirl   laugh3  Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe you shouldn't mention this to the person who was driving the vehicle at the time. Whistle  laugh3 
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 7:49 pm

Too late! She's already seen it! Laughing  And she said, "SEE!! I TOLD you!!!" laugh3 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 7:52 pm

laugh3  Well, at least MG knows that people are still interested. If nobody was driving by slowly, I bet she'd feel snubbed!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 7:53 pm

I'm having trouble viewing the GMA video, is anyone else? I can't even see it from their site.

Didn't the real Laura have a French Bulldog????? How COOL is that?!?! Thumbsup 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 7:53 pm

When Melissa answered that question about Melissa Sue, she said that she didn't include anything about their relationship in her book.  Alison touched on it a bit in HER book.  I think Melissa Sue was a little jealous of MG and her playing the character of Laura.  MG or Alison had said that Melissa Sue was kind of snotty and thought she was "above them."

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 7:57 pm

Lisa wrote:
laugh3  Well, at least MG knows that people are still interested. If nobody was driving by slowly, I bet she'd feel snubbed!

LOL, for real!  And again, if she didn't want it, she wouldn't post so many pictures.  And she even says in the interview that she lives downtown in a restored Victorian!!  This is a woman who is inviting people in.  Which I think is pretty darned cool and it really endears me to her. Smile

Honestly I am SHOCKED about what she said about MSA though.  Just shocked.  I knew they weren't the best of friends, but this sounds like there is some crazy serious animosity and bad memories here.  Unbelievable.  I'm trying not to let their off-screen relationship affect the way I view the series as I re-watch, but it's really difficult!  I always loved Mary & Laura's loving sisterly bond, and although I know they didn't 'have' to be close off screen, it makes me sad that they really couldn't stand each other.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:02 pm

I guess it shows what great actresses they were. Ha! And it's the opposite with Melissa and Alison. Their on-screen characters hated each other but in "real life" they were best friends. Alison didn't care for Melissa Sue, either, so she must have rubbed quite a few people the wrong way. I remember Alison saying that she and MG used to hide from MSA on their breaks while filming. That makes me laugh.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:03 pm

Teresa wrote:
When Melissa answered that question about Melissa Sue, she said that she didn't include anything about their relationship in her book.  Alison touched on it a bit in HER book.  I think Melissa Sue was a little jealous of MG and her playing the character of Laura.  MG or Alison had said that Melissa Sue was kind of snotty and thought she was "above them."

I wonder if MSA was feeling left out, since Alison and MG clearly hit it off instantly and had personalities that complimented one another.  Maybe Melissa Sue gave off this more hoity toit 'all business' kind of vibe to the other girls, they 'decided' they didn't like her, and MSA became kind of defensive because of this 'two against one' thing, and the strained relationship between all three stemmed from there?  Just speculating, but you can just kind of see how MG and Alison are kind of 'like-minded' funny, charismatic people, and MSA just...isn't.  Just me?  What do you guys think?

~Mother Teresa

Last edited by Amy on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:04 pm

LOL, I keep crossing my posts with yours Teresa! I guess you kind of answered my question with your last post! greenS  (And yes, I completely agree).

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:08 pm

Yeah, I'm sure MSA felt left out a bit, but I think she probably didn't give off a great first impression. Especially if she was acting hoity toity. Maybe that's why she elbowed MG off the wagon. She wanted HER to be left out. HA!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:16 pm

It's SO hard to picture her doing that!! It sounds more like something the real Laura or Melissa Gilbert would do! Laughing 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:24 pm

I was pretty shocked by what she said about Melissa Sue, too. It really sounds like there was a lot of mutual jealousy going on - which isn't terribly surprising, considering the industry and their ages. I get the feeling, from things that Alison and Melissa G. have said, that they were both very jealous of Melissa Sue's looks - Alison said something about Melissa being "blonder", prettier, and better at everything. . . and if they were insecure about their looks (and the ensuing plastic surgeries MG has had would support that), then having Miss Gorgeous around might magnify that insecurity. And I also think that they were jealous of her stable, functioning family. Neither of the girls had a "normal", happy home life - and from all reports, Melissa Sue did. So their opinion of her "feeling above" them may have been just how they perceived things. Melissa Sue has often said that she's quiet, and an introvert - and that is VERY often misconstrued as snobbery. (Believe it or not, I was very introverted in my school years. And classmates, years later, told me that they'd thought that I was stuck up...but years later realized that I was just quiet.)

And Melissa Sue. . . I wouldn't doubt that she was jealous of Alison and Melissa G. . . They had a close, CLOSE bond - they were laughing and playing together, having a great time, and Melissa Sue was completely left out. She was only 11 when the show started - still a young girl who longed for friendship. And then, too, Melissa G. was as cute as a button, and got a LOT off attention, since the show was based on Laura's books - and MG and Michael had a very close bond...And I would bet that Melissa Sue longed for some of that attention, too.  

NOW...with that all being said...I really do find it ridiculous that Alison and Melissa G. are STILL behaving the way they are. I mean, really - they're adults now. They should be able to put the childhood rivalries behind them. I've never heard Melissa Sue speak ill of them - certainly not ever referring to them as "hateful" or "horrid".  No  

Last edited by Lisa on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:26 pm

Teresa wrote:
I remember Alison saying that she and MG used to hide from MSA on their breaks while filming.  That makes me laugh.

See, that makes me think all the more that MSA was wanting to be part of their little group. She was trying to find them, and they were hiding from her...I seriously doubt that with *two* of them they hiding because they were afraid of her.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:30 pm

Yes, I remember MSA saying that she was very shy.  I'm hoping that in the later seasons, when MG, AA and MSA were older, that things settled down a bit.  That would have been season 7, MSA's last season.  It's weird though that MG still talks about how awful their relationship was off camera.  I wonder what Dean Butler thought of MSA?

That episode, "The Wolves," really brought out MSA's bossy side and it was kind of funny the way she got into it since she was in charge while ma and pa were away.

Last edited by Teresa on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:33 pm

Does this work better, I can hit on both and get it.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/house-prairie-actress-writes-childrens-book-21621030

I think after over 30 years, it's catty to bring it up...she knows MSA will see that and sigh. She's how old now? This is high school..

I thought Dean only had nice things to say as did much of the older crew and stars...that says something. She was more mature...and she was pretty...I saw an article that said it made her the envy of some even if she didn't flaunt it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melissa Gilbert on......   Melissa Gilbert on...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Melissa Gilbert on......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next