Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition

Go down 
+8
bethandmanly
LIWnut
bestshowever
Mieke
MissOleson
Rhonda
Gin
Davetucson
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Indiff10

Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 3:31 pm

So, has anyone read theirs yet?

I just finished mine yesterday.

Yeah.....

I have good and not-so-good things to say about this book. And the not-so-good are what I was thinking before I even read it (when I mentioned earlier that I hoped my opinion would change - well, it has actually become a little more negative). But whatever not-so-good opinions that I have are NOT directed toward Laura at all. I am perfectly fine with her. And to tell you the truth, I think I like her better than I ever did before.

But I will save my opinions until later. I want to wait until I see that someone else has read it and what they think. Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 7:29 am

Interesting stuff about the "Half Pint" thing.........

Here’s the first reference in “Pioneer Girl” to Laura Ingalls as “Half Pint” — and what she was a half pint of:

(Pa) would come in from his tramp to his traps, with (icicles) on the ends of his whiskers, hang his gun over the door, throw off his coat and cap and mittens and call “Where’s my little half pint of cider half drank up?” That was me because I was so small. …

A footnote explains that when Wilder introduced her nickname in Chapter 2 of “Little House in the Big Woods,” it had become “little half-pint of sweet cider half drunk up.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/living/article8001783.html#storylink=cpy

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:43 am

Laura Ingalls Wilder Historic Home and Museum

IMAGINE! Laura Ingalls Wilder on the New York Times Best Seller lists this year for PIONEER GIRL, and now on the cover of the important PUBLISHERS WEEKLY....our favorite author has staying power. The book has been very popular in the Museum Story at Rocky Ridge Farm. Are you looking for a great book as a holiday gift? Order one from the place where it was written, Rocky Ridge Farm.

Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 12187758_1476585175983685_5036185412314189705_n

Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Rhonda10Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:47 am

I just ordered my copy a few days ago... I can't wait for it to come!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 4:47 pm

How can I get a copy of this publishers weekly? I'd love to read this article.

Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 5:04 pm

Here is their Face Book page...you can probably contact them and ask.... Thumbsup
Publishers Weekly Face Book Page

Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Rhonda10Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 8:52 pm

I would also love to get a copy of that so that I could read the article.

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:34 pm

Below is Publishers Weekly's web site, you should be able to find a way to buy it or perhaps read it there. Up above a couple of posts, you can find their face book page; if you have FB.  scratchead
Publishers Weekly

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:38 pm

I don't have FB, but I did find this page on their website. It doesn't really say if or how your could buy it.. scratchead

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 10:55 pm

I dug a little deeper on their web page and found this.....enjoy!  Make sure you scroll down, there are LOTS of other articles about LIW in their writings; they go all the way back to May, 2012!!!  Thumbsup

PW Articles Dealing with LIW

Last edited by Rhonda on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2015 11:05 pm

I found that article too! It looks great, I am saving it to read soon. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 12:34 am

I just got my copy of Pioneer Girl the other day... now I just wish I had enough time to sit down and read it cover to cover... HeeHee

Oh well, I'll just have to read it a little at a time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 5:18 pm

'Pamela Smith Hill, editor of the 2015 book PIONEER GIRL: THE ANNOTATED BIOGRAPHY, and William Anderson, who edited and annotated 2016's THE SELECTED LETTERS OF LAURA INGALLS WILDER, will be signing these books and others they have written on Dedication Day, April 22. Signed copies will also be available from our book's store mail order service afterwards.'

Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 13043205_1057220961007623_3866704022479329375_nPioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 12994482_1057222151007504_8982153878312374259_n

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 6:29 pm

Are you going Rhonda? If I lived as close as you do, wild horses couldn't keep me away.
Go and enjoy for me.

Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 MarilynKeeper Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 7:00 pm

I really wish I could go! No

Back to top Go down
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 276
Mood : Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2016 8:25 pm

that's a beautiful book. do you think it will come to sweden? if so i'm gonna buy it now it it's on my wishlist.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 6:55 pm

💥"Laura Ingalls Wilder, PIONEER GIRL, The Annotated Autobiography"💥

For the first time, Laura Ingalls Wilder’s autobiography will be available in print. This annotated edition, published with the approval of the Little House Heritage Trust, is a must-have for any fan of the Little House books, and it will finally bring Wilder’s hidden writing to the public.

To order follow the link: ORDER HERE

Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Liw6410
Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Liw6510

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition   Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pioneer Girl: An Annotated Edition
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2