Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas Decorating Ideas

Go down 
+19
littlehousefan200
Kamberley
Krissy
alexczarn
Honeybee
Rob
Alice
Gin
Kristina
Amy
Rhonda
edwina
Vanesa
Lori
brenda_m
bethandmanly
pamh36
Savannah
JW
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas Happy011

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 1:04 pm

Do you have any Simpel Christmas Decortions? I'm Looking for something to decorate our house batEyes

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas Jacobk10Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 1:13 pm

Well, there's the traditional paper chain, generally made with red & green construction paper. But you could use any color scheme.

And, there are doily angels. For each angel, it takes an 8" white cotton doily, a tootsiepop or similar size lollipop, a little bit of ribbon, and a rosette. (I think all of those things could be found at a Dollar Store, too) You cover the lollipop with the doily, tie the ribbon just under the lollipop to create a head and neck. You can give the angel a ribbon halo, and glue the rosette to the center of the angel's "forehead".

Stringing gumdrops looks really colorful........

Also, you can try googling "simple christmas crafts" or "easy christmas crafts". That should give you tons of hits!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 1:15 pm

Green or Red ribbons. Green or red candles.

I'm sure there are plenty of ideas, but none are coming to me right now!

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 1:19 pm

http://www.allfreecrafts.com/christmas/index.shtml

http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/season/minisite/christmas-main/

There are a couple of sites that I've liked over the past however many Christmases. They've always had great ideas!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 1:49 pm

Thanks I Made the paper chain Last Year i want make again this year If Only i knew where i could find Pine Cones

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas Jacobk10Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 1:50 pm

Check the Dollar Stores if you have any. Mine sells boxes of pinecones because so many people like to decorate with them.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 1:52 pm

Well we have a Dollar Rama here in my Town/City and in another town there's one too so i'll have check them out Thanks for the tip if you comeup with more ideas just spit them my way lol ROTFL

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 1:53 pm

JW wrote:
Thanks I Made the paper chain Last Year i want make again this year If Only i knew where i could find Pine Cones

Walmart usually has the scented ones and check your local craft store too.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptyFri Nov 16, 2007 1:55 pm

Thanks it sounds like i'll have to make a trip around town soon

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 8:01 am

On Saturday, I saw a BIG bag of pine cones for sale, and thought of you, Jacob. The bag was way to big to mail out, though. The post office would have definitely inspected it to see if I was mailing you a bomb! :Hahaha:

Were you able to find any pine cones in your area?

I also saw some snowmen made from marshmallows. Those were really cute! They'd be simple to make, too.
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

Number of posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 3:29 pm

paper snowflakes you could try

Or buy some sticks like popsicle sticks at a craft store and stick them together in a six pointed star shape and spray with white spray paint for wooden snowflakes

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas KEEPERBRENDAChristmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas 11bBrendaMatt Mate,Dean`s Diva
Get your own Virtual Horse or Pony athttp://www.howrse.com
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:16 pm

Thanks Brenda Well I'm Glad to hear that you thought of me Savannah lol We Bought some in Doller Rama they are christmas tree ornaments so we see how that looks once we put up our Christmas tree thats December 1 but my room looks like Christmas Day lolI have puten up some decorrations two santa clause and some christmas lights

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:20 pm

hope you get to make a good christmas decorations.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:35 pm

Thanks Rilla I Hope so too

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:36 pm

Kelsey and I made some pretty Christmas decorations with plain white school glue and glitter. You just squirt the glue onto wax paper, into any design you want, then decorate with the glitter. We made candy canes, stockings, Christmas trees, and bells. They came out really pretty.

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 4:37 pm

Thanks sounds Easy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 6:34 pm

JW wrote:
Thanks Rilla I Hope so too

yW
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 6:42 pm

JW wrote:
Thanks Brenda Well I'm Glad to hear that you thought of me Savannah lol We Bought some in Doller Rama they are christmas tree ornaments so we see how that looks once we put up our Christmas tree thats December 1 but my room looks like Christmas Day lolI have puten up some decorrations two santa clause and some christmas lights

Your welcome

And I have a recipe for you too:

Christmas Ornaments

2 cups of flour
1 cup of table salt
food dye(optional)
1 cup of water

mix all ingredients together and knead. shape by rolling out and cutting with cookie cutters or any way you want. Make holes for hangers or ribbons. Bake 1-2 hours at 250. You can decorate with acrylic paint.

KEEP AWAY FROM PETS AND SMALL CHILDREN

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas KEEPERBRENDAChristmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas 11bBrendaMatt Mate,Dean`s Diva
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 6:45 pm

Borax snowflakes are easy to make. You have to wait for the crystals to form, but they look really cool when they are done. My kids have made a lot of those to give as Christmas presents.

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas Lorike10
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 6:46 pm

pamh36 wrote:
Kelsey and I made some pretty Christmas decorations with plain white school glue and glitter. You just squirt the glue onto wax paper, into any design you want, then decorate with the glitter. We made candy canes, stockings, Christmas trees, and bells. They came out really pretty.

They sound cool I may try them grinsmiley

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 6:51 pm

Scented candles
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 10:57 pm

MonicaQuartermaineFan wrote:
Scented candles

But of course red and green! I don't know exactly why red and green together are considered "Christmas Colours", but as far as I know, they are.

You can also make homemade little angels, with cotton wings, and put green and red Christmas Tree's balls all around the house. I have a nice decoration with green plastic foils and golden plastic grapes and red little berries to put in the corners of the doors.

Vanesa. :snowball:

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas Vanesa10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptySun Nov 25, 2007 11:50 pm

Red and Green candles are considered Christmas colors.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 12:25 pm

Thanks Evreyone You are a Great help

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas EmptyMon Nov 26, 2007 5:36 pm

We aim to please, JW!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Decorating Ideas
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next