Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas Decorating Ideas

Go down 
+19
littlehousefan200
Kamberley
Krissy
alexczarn
Honeybee
Rob
Alice
Gin
Kristina
Amy
Rhonda
edwina
Vanesa
Lori
brenda_m
bethandmanly
pamh36
Savannah
JW
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Love-s10

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:55 am

Here is my fireplace with my lighted wreath and all the stockings ready to be filled. The two on the far right are for Cassie and Heidi.(cat and dog) Last year Heidi sniffed hers out, and when I got it out this year she actually remembered it. She keeps looking at it from time to time. Reminds me of Laura sneaking a peek!

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:06 am

Very pretty Gin! So funny about Heidi! HeeHee

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:14 am

How lovely. My mantle is only half decorated and the girls keep bugging me to put their stockings up. Oh my, I am so behind.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Your mantle decorations are just gorgeous, Gin. That is funny that Heidi remembered that Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 135245

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:29 pm

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 417183 Decided since Jacob brought this up, I would bump this post up so he can see what was suggested last year....Have fun!

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Rhonda10Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:36 pm

Thanks Rhonda

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Jacobk10Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 1:18 am

Well, I'm taking back the two village pieces I found from Kmart, because I found a whole set at an antique store for only $10 more than what I paid for only TWO pieces at Kmart!! And I even like these better...the scale is better for my piano! I am so excited!! I LOVE the lights on the piano, which is the first thing you see when you walk in our front door. The neatest thing is, my hubby & I are going to "Greenfield Village" next weekend, to celebrate my birthday, and we're going on a "Christmas Walk" that they have only on certain nights. So it's so special that I found this village in honor of this special occasion!

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 00210

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Oh wow, Amy! Those are lovely.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 11:12 pm

Thank you Cheryl! Smile It was cute, one of my daycare kids came in today and was excited about it (he's 5)....he went to Greenfield village over the weekend with his parents and he immediately said "Hey, that looks just like Greenfield Village!" LOL!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:41 am

Those really are beautiful, Amy.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 9:44 am

Another great find, Amy!

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:04 am

Thanks Alice & Lori!

Ugh...I got all my outdoor Christmas lights done last night, and mid way through the evening half of them went OUT! thud Now what?! Yikes I've never had that happen before...we're supposed to get a big snowstorm tonight, so I need to figure this out TODAY. ARGH!! I love Christmas lights, but I hate when they give me grief!! banghead

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:07 am

Gary put some lights up for me on Saturday, even though it was still snowing. This storm that is coming sounds like it could be bad. They are predicting blizzard-like conditions.

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:12 am

Yeah, and we're supposed to get freezing rain tonight too---I'd take snow any day over freezing rain. Yikes. I hope people stay off the roads---we haven't had any practice for this yet this year! Whistle Do you notice everyone forgets how to drive the beginning of the season? scared

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 11:20 am

I didn't think people that lived where they get lots of snow had that problem, I thought it was just us semi-southerners Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 129986 Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 135245

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 1:33 pm

Amy wrote:
Ugh...I got all my outdoor Christmas lights done last night, and mid way through the evening half of them went OUT! thud

I know your pain, Amy. Mine all worked when I tested them in the house, but after I strung them up under the eaves, half of them wouldn't light. Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Swear So I replaced those strands... then noticed the next night that half of those are the blinking kind. Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Annoyed

Ah well, let 'em blink. Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 771460
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:55 pm

LOL Rob! I'd say let em blink too! greenS I went out there this afternoon and have fixed them....it was just one strand causing the issues (hopefully!!) and it was in an easy location. We haven't done our roofline yet---I WANTED Bill to do that while the weather was nice, but I'm still waiting Whistle ...now he'll probably go out there and break his neck!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:18 pm

Well, this must be the year for lights going bad. I put a strand on our tree that blink. AFTER we got all the ornaments on, we noticed that only the bottom half of our tree was blinking! It all lights up, but only half blinks. I am NOT changing it now.
I have to say I am feeling the stress of the season in small doses. I still have shopping to do, and my boys are having a hard time with their lists.
The good part is they both have birthdays within 3 months of Christmas. (March and October) SO might be getting some things for B-days.
If only the lights would just work!!!!!

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:38 pm

Last year i Tested the Lights inside they all worked then i went outside put them on then i found out that about 1/4 did't work but i was so tired of putting them up i just left them like that ended up just not turning them on lol i had done all that work for nothing so this year i decided not to put any christmas lights up

But we did put up a Wreath we made it ourselves and Put lights on there as well and once we had it out side we found out half of them did not work they worked fine inside i also found the Bulb that did't work (It was Black and was supose to be clear one) so i want to buy some replacements yet

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Jacobk10Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 9:04 pm

This is probably what most of us went through...

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 85958

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Rhonda10Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 3:28 pm

Jacob, not you too! Yikes And Gin!! Gosh, I guess this really IS the year for lights out!! Rob, my lights went out during the evening again last night!! I could scream!!!! Ranting I went through so much to get them working again, and now, OUT! That's it. Bill can deal with it now. And NOW we're going to have the snow to contend with. I told him to get these out three weeks ago, when we had like near 60 degree weather! Whistle

Aaah, Chevy. Does it get any better?! Love that movie, and one of my favorites ever is "Vacation". I forgot that Doris Roberts was in Christmas Vacation! And yep, my face defnitely looked just like Clark's face in that scene. HeeHee I'm just not willing to go through what he did to fix them! No

By the way, Jacob...you are a more patient person than I...no way am I going to try to search for the broken bulb. My hubby said that's "all I needed to do"....I told him, "Do YOU want to find it?!" scratchead I didn't think so. Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:49 pm

Well, here we go again. Not only are only half of my outdoor lights working, but I am currently looking at a DARK Christmas tree. That's right. As I was feeding the baby today, suddenly the entire tree went out. There is ONE strand of lights that is not new, and it's the one I stuffed toward the middle. How much do you want to bet that's the bad one!?! SOooooo, I have to dismantle the entire tree to re-do the lights now!!!!! banghead

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:52 pm

The Grinch is lurking around at your house Amy! Good luck with that....I would probably just be the first with mine put away....he he!

I haven't turned my outside lights on in awhile....next year if the boys want lights outside they will have to do it. I'm on strike!!! soapbox

stockingsmiley

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:06 pm

Gin wrote:
The Grinch is lurking around at your house Amy! Good luck with that....I would probably just be the first with mine put away....he he!

I haven't turned my outside lights on in awhile....next year if the boys want lights outside they will have to do it. I'm on strike!!! soapbox

stockingsmiley

Wow, you may have a point Gin...someone is obviously against me, and it may as well be the grinch! help

And LOL, I think I may be on strike too! Stop

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Decorating Ideas
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next