Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Christmas Decorating Ideas

Go down 
+19
littlehousefan200
Kamberley
Krissy
alexczarn
Honeybee
Rob
Alice
Gin
Kristina
Amy
Rhonda
edwina
Vanesa
Lori
brenda_m
bethandmanly
pamh36
Savannah
JW
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Headac10

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 1:11 pm

beautiful.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks Alex, Cheryl, Jacob & Krissy. Smile

Cheryl, my dad didn't even want to put up his tree this year, he is SO tired of dealing with the cat! I have never had a cat so have not had this experience....I've always wanted one, but between allergy issues and the stories I've heard about tree dismantling, I am thinking we are not destined to be cat people. HeeHee

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Saw this on a FB post when someone was complaining about their cat and the tree: scratchead

Spray it with Geranium essential oil. Cats can't stand the smell. Genevieve Gorder gave that little tip on Rachel Ray's show the other day.

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Rhonda10Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Oh wow! Good tip!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:02 am

Amy wrote:
Cheryl, my dad didn't even want to put up his tree this year, he is SO tired of dealing with the cat! I have never had a cat so have not had this experience....I've always wanted one, but between allergy issues and the stories I've heard about tree dismantling, I am thinking we are not destined to be cat people. HeeHee

Our trees aren't even real. It's not the tree so much as the ornaments hanging on the lower branches. The cats love to sleep on the tree skirts, especially the fleece snowman one. Eventually, they get bored and begin toying with the ornaments. That's why I went to mostly plastic or resin ornaments years ago. The girls were young then, too, so it made sense. The youngest cat prefers to rip open gift wrap.

Speaking of cats under the tree, my avatar is Boots under our tree last year.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:20 am

Everyone has such beautiful pictures and wonderful decorating ideas.

I don't put up the tree until the 16th of December, but this year I came home and my youngest daughter, Melissa, had the tree up, the mantle decorated and her boyfriend was up on the roof putting up lights.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:21 am

Alice wrote:
\
I don't put up the tree until the 16th of December, but this year I came home and my youngest daughter, Melissa, had the tree up, the mantle decorated and her boyfriend was up on the roof putting up lights.

That's so kind of them!

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 2:36 am

Hi Alex!!

I can't complain, I am very lucky to have daughters (and her boyfriend) to do nice things like that Smile

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:38 am

bethandmanly wrote:

So adorable!! Love

Alice wrote:

That really was sweet. I can't picture my boys ever doing something like that. Whistle (although they do help with outdoor lights. Wink ). Decorating is my baby---all me. Although my hubby & boys do help with the transporting of bins/boxes, so that helps a ton. Because decorating is time consuming, I like to enjoy it for as long as possible, so I go from the day after Thanksgiving to New Year's day or the day after that.

Nice to have you back to the board, Alice! Wave
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Amy wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:

So adorable!! Love

Alice wrote:

That really was sweet. I can't picture my boys ever doing something like that. Whistle (although they do help with outdoor lights. Wink ). Decorating is my baby---all me. Although my hubby & boys do help with the transporting of bins/boxes, so that helps a ton. Because decorating is time consuming, I like to enjoy it for as long as possible, so I go from the day after Thanksgiving to New Year's day or the day after that.

Nice to have you back to the board, Alice! Wave

Thank you, Amy Smile It's good to be back. Things have been so bad for me lately it's nice to come "see" some friendly faces.

I guess you're not a "black Friday" shopper then. I sure am not one. That's nice to have the decorations up to enjoy for that long.

And about cats, I have two that like to sleep under the tree and they like to chew on it, (artificial one) so we got some bitter yuck to spray on it where they like to chew. I don't think it works that well though.

Back to top Go down
Kamberley
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kamberley

Number of posts : 628
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:53 pm

[quote="bethandmanly"]
Amy wrote:
The cats love to sleep on the tree skirts,

This is SO true! My 2 cats have been under my tree since I put it up! I wish I would have known this before I bought the velvet snowman skirt that wouldn't survive the washing machine.

This picture isn't great & I just finished this on Sunday (because the bags are lemon fresh scent & I could only take so much of it at a time) but here is the wreath made from garbage bags

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Photo_10
Back to top Go down
Kamberley
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kamberley

Number of posts : 628
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Amy wrote:

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 03712

I love that carriage! Love I go to Goodwill at least once a month & I never find anything nice like your little houses & if I do they are broken in some way. I always find good books there tho Smile
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Alice wrote:
Thank you, Amy Smile It's good to be back. Things have been so bad for me lately it's nice to come "see" some friendly faces.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Alice. Blue

Alice wrote:
I guess you're not a "black Friday" shopper then. I sure am not one. That's nice to have the decorations up to enjoy for that long.

Nope, not at ALL. No Yeah, I'd much rather be decorating and enjoying time at home than out in the crowds. I have left a few gifts to the end though, so I am going to have to go out and fight the crowds at some point this week. Yikes

Kamberley wrote:
This picture isn't great & I just finished this on Sunday (because the bags are lemon fresh scent & I could only take so much of it at a time) but here is the wreath made from garbage bags.

That looks *really* great, Kamberly! Who knew?! Too bad they don't make pine scented bags though! Wink

Kamberly wrote:
I love that carriage! Love I go to Goodwill at least once a month & I never find anything nice like your little houses & if I do they are broken in some way. I always find good books there tho Smile

I hear ya. Sometimes the trick is to travel to some hoity toit surrounding areas....what's the saying? One man's junk is another man's treasure? Yeah. I have found some great things in my area too though. I collect English cottage figurines and found one, made in England at our Volunteers of America. The only problem? They used a sharpie to mark the price on the bottom!! Way to wreck any value it might have had! Yikes But still...so many people give up great items and don't realize what they have.

~Mother Teresa

Last edited by Amy on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Amy wrote:
Alice wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear that, Alice. Blue

Alice wrote:

Nope, not at ALL. No Yeah, I'd much rather be decorating and enjoying time at home than out in the crowds. I have left a few gifts to the end though, so I am going to have to go out and fight the crowds at some point this week. Yikes

Thank you, Amy. I am missing my husband this year, more then during the past few years. And money problems ... But, I know there are people who are much worse off then I am. So I won't complain Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 pm

Alice wrote:
Thank you, Amy. I am missing my husband this year, more then during the past few years. And money problems ... But, I know there are people who are much worse off then I am. So I won't complain Thumbsup

I'm so sorry, Alice. No Of course there are people worse off, but you are 'allowed' to feel sad for the things that aren't going quite right in your life, too.

You know, my friend and I were just saying this morning how we both know we have to be grateful for our blessings, but December can be a rather depressing month.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 1:08 am

Amy wrote:
Alice wrote:

I'm so sorry, Alice. No Of course there are people worse off, but you are 'allowed' to feel sad for the things that aren't going quite right in your life, too.

You know, my friend and I were just saying this morning how we both know we have to be grateful for our blessings, but December can be a rather depressing month.

Thank you, Amy. Yes, it can be a depressing month but I am so greatfull to have a place to live and two of my daughters with me loveheart (Actually, my husband is here in a way, he's on the fireplace mantle).

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 2:59 am

Amy wrote:
I hear ya. Sometimes the trick is to travel to some hoity toit surrounding areas....what's the saying? One man's junk is another man's treasure? Yeah. I have found some great things in my area too though. I collect English cottage figurines and found one, made in England at our Volunteers of America. The only problem? They used a sharpie to mark the price on the bottom!! Way to wreck any value it might have had! Yikes But still...so many people give up great items and don't realize what they have.

Could you use a Mr Clean Magic Eraser on it? Thats what i use to get prices off if i buy something in a Goodwill store i do wish that they would stop using Sharpies though it can totally ruin an Item scratchead

Alice Smiley Hug I will be praying for you, Christmas is a really hard time when missing a loved one

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Jacobk10Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 8:50 pm

Sorry Jacob, I'm just now seeing your last post. Hmm, I never even thought of a Mr. clean eraser! I use that on a lot of things, but I never guessed it would be able to get sharpie marker of! It's worth a try...I'll let you know.

I finally got all my Christmas decorations down today. Whew It sure is more fun putting everything up than taking it all down! Blue Feels good to have the house back in order again though. This is the longest I've ever left all the Christmas stuff up---I usually have everything down New Years Day or at least a day after that.

How long does everyone else leave their decorations up?

(Oh, on a little sidenote. We have neighbors who leave ALL their Christmas lights up year 'round, every year (NOT cool to have to see Christmas lights (even un-lit) in July Yikes ), and this year they never even turned the lights ON! thud I mean, at least give us the pleasure of viewing your lights, if you're going to subject us to viewing them unlit all year long! scratchead Maybe they don't work anymore...I can only hope that THIS is the year they take them down. Whistle
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 3:02 am

Amy wrote:
Sorry Jacob, I'm just now seeing your last post. Hmm, I never even thought of a Mr. clean eraser! I use that on a lot of things, but I never guessed it would be able to get sharpie marker of! It's worth a try...I'll let you know.
Thumbsup

Took the Last of the Decorations down on Tuesday I took down all the Inside Decorations on the 5th but didn't have energy to do the outside as well so they had to wait but now everything is packed into boxes already just waiting for me to put it all the way in the back corner of the storage room greenS

It was the Same with me This year Amy, I couldn't get myself to clean everything up Some years i had the tree down by the 28th, Lots of People leave there lights up all year here some don't even bother turning them off till August then turn them on again in October gets kind of annoying seeing them on During the summer Yikes

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Jacobk10Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:27 am

JW wrote:
It was the Same with me This year Amy, I couldn't get myself to clean everything up Some years i had the tree down by the 28th, Lots of People leave there lights up all year here some don't even bother turning them off till August then turn them on again in October gets kind of annoying seeing them on During the summer Yikes

Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by that. HeeHee At least our neighbors don't LIGHT theirs in the summer, lol. And we used to leave our lights up along the rooftop, because they had green cording and blended right in with the dark roof. But these people have the white cording and TONS of it, so it's just an eyesore. Oh well...like my hubby said, they're quiet neighbors and we don't have any problems with them, so this is pretty small in the big scheme of things I guess. Wink
Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 7:03 pm

Amy wrote:
(Oh, on a little sidenote. We have neighbors who leave ALL their Christmas lights up year 'round, every year (NOT cool to have to see Christmas lights (even un-lit) in July Yikes ), and this year they never even turned the lights ON! thud I mean, at least give us the pleasure of viewing your lights, if you're going to subject us to viewing them unlit all year long! scratchead Maybe they don't work anymore...I can only hope that THIS is the year they take them down. Whistle

We have neighbors who do that-leave their Christmas lights on their house up all year. scratchead Except during the Christmas season they do turn them on. greenS

My mom and I finished taking down the Christmas decorations a few days ago. For a few days afterwards it feels funny not to have them up to me, we put them up the day after Thanksgiving usually, so I'm used to them being there, haha.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:29 am

I take everything down on New Year's. I may take a day or two longer to get it all put away though. Gary just took the lights down this past weekend. I can't always talk him into getting them down on New Year's.

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:56 am

All the decorations finally made it down this weekend. I have to do it in small sections since there are so many. This year I changed how I had arranged everything, but don't know if we got many pictures. Sigh. Too much going on.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Bumping up Jacob's Christmas decorating thread! 'Tis the season! Ctree 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 6:52 pm

I bought new outdoor lights yesterday. These ones have a clip that you just clip onto the eaves on the house (gutters for my US friends). Now all I have to do is find a ladder to get to the eaves, hmmm. I LOVE coloured lights, could hang them all year and enjoy them every day but people would think that I'm weird.

Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 MarilynKeeper Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas Decorating Ideas   Christmas - Christmas Decorating Ideas - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas Decorating Ideas
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next