Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Charles Angles
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charles Angles

Number of posts : 39

Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake? Empty
PostSubject: Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake?   Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake? EmptySat May 30, 2015 3:31 am

I know it's kind of a dorky question to ask.  You can tell most of the audio sounds of the saw blade running, seem to be dubbed in.
Every time you see the actors cutting wood,  it appears to be real.  I don't know....maybe it's a fake rubber blade and two pieces of
wood are glued together to make it seem like the blade is cutting, when actually they are just being torn apart !  It seems awfully dangerous
for the actors to be around an actual working blade. Just think of the liability too.  Any comments or info?   OhMy
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake?   Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake? EmptySat May 30, 2015 9:46 am

I asked the same question to a cast member several years ago.......Answer: Real saw blade, same as the Waltons had a real one.....and by the way, the question isn't dorky.....

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Charles Angles
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charles Angles

PostSubject: Re: Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake?   Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake? EmptySat May 30, 2015 6:46 pm

Thanks Dave.    I enjoy your detailed knowledge of behind the scenes. Appreciate you being here !
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake?   Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake? EmptySun May 31, 2015 6:10 am

Charles Angles wrote:
Thanks Dave.    I enjoy your detailed knowledge of behind the scenes. Appreciate you being here !

Well thank you, and welcome to the forum.........I too suffer from the curse of curiosity! But, it's fun!

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake? Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake?   Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake? EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:42 pm

Wow! Yeah it did look real to me.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake?   Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 7:53 pm

Answer From Nellie!

Alison Arngrim: I believe it was mostly fake, until they needed a specific shot of the actual blade in action. Then they brought it in and hooked it up. And yes, I do remember a lot of "OMG! Get away from there! Don't touch that!" regarding the mill area.

Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake? Unname10

Last edited by Davetucson on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake? Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake?   Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake? EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 8:22 pm

I too, get curious. Sure looked like a real saw blade.
Back to top Go down
Charles Angles
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charles Angles

PostSubject: Re: Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake?   Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 12:15 am

Davetucson wrote:

[b]Answer From Nellie!

Alison Arngrim: I believe it was mostly fake, until they needed a specific shot of the actual blade in action. Then they brought it in and hooked it up. And yes, I do remember a lot of "OMG! Get away from there! Don't touch that!" regarding the mill area.

Thanks Dave !  Sorry I missed this updated response.   Wow, an answer from Nellie?  I'm impressed !   I guess what made me raise the original question was an experience in high school.  Note.....cover eyes when reading the following. OhMy   In wood class, I had the misfortune of witnessing one of my fellow classmates cut off the tip of their finger. The rest of the school semester, I remember seeing the dried blood in a crevice of the machine.   As far as the picture of the sawdust, my original theory was that they had some kind of air hose that was hidden in the vicinity of the blade....which had the capability of shooting out sawdust. On further reflection, that probably would have been too elaborate of a setup.   Thanks for the screenshot !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake?   Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake? Empty

Back to top Go down

Was the saw blade at the lumber mill real or fake?
Page 1 of 1