Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Little House on the Prairie movie back in development

Go down 
+21
Amy
Honeybee
MandMBubblebath
JW
mikkel
Rhonda
julmer70
littlehousefan200
Kamberley
Rob
littlehouselover
MissOleson
LIWnut
jessicamarie
alexczarn
Pepsi
Krissy
Vanesa
Gin
Davetucson
bethandmanly
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Happy010

lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:32 am

Vanesa wrote:
I think that Alex made the best of all the choices. I like all the actors he picked for "our movie"... Smile

Vanesa.

Oh, but I didn't pick those! Dave did, and I like his choices!

lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:38 am

alexczarn wrote:
Vanesa wrote:
I think that Alex made the best of all the choices. I like all the actors he picked for "our movie"... Smile

Vanesa.

Oh, but I didn't pick those! Dave did, and I like his choices!

Thanks Alex, I,m sure you could come up with some great ones too!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 2:19 pm

I am PRAYING that they stick to the books and leave Albert in Landon's version. Don't get me wrong, I like Albert (Matt) but he belongs on the NCB version, not every other version of the story that comes out from here on in. That was Landon's story, not Laura's.

lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 MarilynKeeper lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Mood : lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Albert   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 2:34 pm

LIWnut wrote:
I am PRAYING that they stick to the books and leave Albert in Landon's version. Don't get me wrong, I like Albert (Matt) but he belongs on the NCB version, not every other version of the story that comes out from here on in. That was Landon's story, not Laura's.

I've been wondering for days when you get around to that one Marilyn! I knew it was coming!

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 3:24 pm

I asked this last night:
MissOleson wrote:
I don't know if it was in that article that I just quoted, but I thought I read on here that they were going to film the series of books. Or they said something about this being the first movie. Or did I misread that? Honestly, I think I would like them to do that. I would like to see Laura's time in Wisconsin to get some attention for a change. Smile
Deciding to not be so lazy today Smile , I decided to re-read the article and I found my answer:
Davetucson wrote:
So the news that Sony Pictures is considering a feature-length adaptation of the first book is a cause for both excitement and anxiety.
So the key word here is "first". They are "considering a feature-length adaptation of the first book". So I would take that as meaning that they will be filming Little House in the Big Woods first. That would A) make me very happy because there will finally be the Wisconsin story being told (not that it would probably be filmed here No), and B) they are considering filming the entire series of books.

Maybe they will be filming the first one (I hope I don't get my hopes too high) and see how it goes. Then they will decide to film the others.

Davetucson wrote:
LIWnut wrote:

I've been wondering for days when you get around to that one Marilyn! I knew it was coming!
Never even considered this would happen. I really didn't and I don't think it would.

Davetucson wrote:
Costner is a good choice but depends on the time frame of the movie. He's knocking on sixty years old, but that guy can act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think his age really matters. The man, in my opinion, doesn't look like a kid, but I don't think he looks anywhere near 60. Besides, there is always make-up (which I don't think he'd need much of). Not only that, Charles Ingalls never looked that young to me even if he was. Besides, that beard would help cover his face a tiny bit. Smile

And I know Brad Pitt was mentioned before as a joke, but he isn't such a horrible choice if you want someone a little younger. He was very good in "The Assassination of Jesse James". He may not have been a perfect choice for Jesse James (Casey Affleck as Bob Ford was I think, though), but he was very good (looks wise) as a man of the west. Acting wise, I personally think he is underestimated. And if anyone wants to argue with me about how he isn't acceptable as Charles Ingalls, I will just have to go on my Mary Tyler Moore/Sally Field as Mary Lincoln rant again. batEyes There won't be perfect casting. But I think there will be some actors that will be OK. Hopefully!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:18 pm

MissOleson wrote:
And if anyone wants to argue with me about how he isn't acceptable as Charles Ingalls, I will just have to go on my Mary Tyler Moore/Sally Field as Mary Lincoln rant again. lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 129986

They missed the obvious choice to play Mary Lincoln - Babe Ruth.

lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Marytoddlhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Babe_ruth_gal_640
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:51 pm

MissOleson wrote:
And if anyone wants to argue with me about how he isn't acceptable as Charles Ingalls, I will just have to go on my Mary Tyler Moore/Sally Field as Mary Lincoln rant again. lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 129986

Brad Pitt is really NOT a bad choice at all. He is an excellent actor when given the right material.

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Mood : lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:27 pm

Rob wrote:

They missed the obvious choice to play Mary Lincoln - Babe Ruth.

lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Marytoddlhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Babe_ruth_gal_640
That is just brutal! HeeHee

Davetucson wrote:
Brad Pitt is really NOT a bad choice at all. He is an excellent actor when given the right material.
I agree with you. And I think a film such as a Little House picture would be very good material for him.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:22 pm

Joss Whedon, the creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, was once asked why the actors on his show were so good-looking. "It's TV," he said, "get over it."

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Davetucson wrote:
LIWnut wrote:

Sorry Dave, I know Matt is your fav. I love Albert, really. But my love is first and foremost for the real Laura and the books that she wrote.

lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 MarilynKeeper lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:23 am

I understand Marilyn. I was just razzing you a bit. It makes perfectly good sense that he wouldn't be in it. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't miss him.
Probably should be done with a Hatfields and McCoy feel to make it authentic. Costner was in that and was excellent.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 12:51 am

LIWnut wrote:
Davetucson wrote:
LIWnut wrote:

Sorry Dave, I know Matt is your fav. I love Albert, really. But my love is first and foremost for the real Laura and the books that she wrote.

Yes. I know what do you feel, because these are exactly my own feelings, Marilyn, and I think they can do an excellent job being sticked to the original books. I'm wanting very hard they would run a movie about Wisconsin time, because it's a really interesting book, with lots of great stories in it...I wish I could see Pa playin "Mad Dog" with the girls...

I DO like Albert; but that's the TV show, you know, and for me TVshow is a totally different thing from the books or Laura's REAL life. I've learned to watch the show as a different story... batEyes

Vanesa.

lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 12:52 am

Rob, you are a DEAR!!!! You made me laugh with your "Babe Ruth" Joke.... laugh3 ROTFL .

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: A Little More Info   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 4:41 pm

Sony Pictures May Adapt the Little House on the Prairie Series for a Feature Film

By Maryann Yin on October 8, 2012 2:42 PM

Pack some bonnets, prepare the horses and start setting up your covered wagons! An adaptation of Laura Ingalls Wilder‘s Little House on the Prairie series may hit the big screen.

Here’s more from from Perez Hilton: “Sony Pictures is considering making the beloved children’s classics into a feature project written by Abi Morgan (Iron Lady), directed by David Gordon Green (The Sitter), which may include plot points from all 9 books in the series. Sounds like some high falutin’ fun to us!”

Wilder was inspired by her daughter, Rose Wilder Lane, to write the series. The first installment, Little House in the Big Woods, won the Lewis Carroll Shelf Award in 1958. Five titles in the series received a Newbery Honor. The Emmy Award-winning Little House television series ran from 1974 to 1983.

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Hmm interesting!

lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Davetucson wrote:
Sony Pictures May Adapt the Little House on the Prairie Series for a Feature Film

By Maryann Yin on October 8, 2012 2:42 PM

Pack some bonnets, prepare the horses and start setting up your covered wagons! An adaptation of Laura Ingalls Wilder‘s Little House on the Prairie series may hit the big screen.

Here’s more from from Perez Hilton: “Sony Pictures is considering making the beloved children’s classics into a feature project written by Abi Morgan (Iron Lady), directed by David Gordon Green (The Sitter), which may include plot points from all 9 books in the series. Sounds like some high falutin’ fun to us!”

Wilder was inspired by her daughter, Rose Wilder Lane, to write the series. The first installment, Little House in the Big Woods, won the Lewis Carroll Shelf Award in 1958. Five titles in the series received a Newbery Honor. The Emmy Award-winning Little House television series ran from 1974 to 1983.
YES! This is what I was asking before! I was wondering by what was written in that other article whether they were meaning to film ALL of the stories. My biggest concern is getting Little House In the Big Woods done. So this makes me a little happier tonight. Smile

Back to top Go down
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
jessicamarie

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:17 pm

A can't wait for it to come out!
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:46 pm

OK. I was watching Ben Affleck on Jimmy Kimmel last night. And you know what? I am convinced he could pull off Charles Ingalls. I think he would be a very good choice. I know many people out there will probably disagree with me, but I just thought I would give my opinion about that. Smile

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 12:47 am

All nine books? That sounds REALLY good! I think It whould be worth watching!

Vanesa. Smile

Back to top Go down
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
jessicamarie

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Vanesa wrote:
All nine books? That sounds REALLY good! I think It whould be worth watching!

Vanesa. Smile

Me, too! I always thought they should make movies more true to the books.
Back to top Go down
mikkel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: LHOTP remake   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:02 pm

David Gordon Green is in talks to direct a big-screen transfer for the American children's literary classic Little House on the Prairie, reports Deadline. What do you guys think about it?
Back to top Go down
mikkel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: LHOTP remake   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:11 pm

What do you guys think about this: David Gordon Green is in talks to direct a big-screen transfer for the American children's literary classic Little House on the Prairie, reports Deadline.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Mikkel...go to the thread : Little House Movie Remake. Dave already posted about this there.

lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Here is the link to that topic: Thumbsup

Little House Movie Remake

lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Rhonda10lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:13 am

I would love to see Linda Purl in the Remake, I just love her, She was in Young Pioneers and Also was in the Waltons, Not sure though if she would be good for Caroline, I just want her to be something, Her accent in Young Pioneers is wonderful well maybe thats the way she talks but it made me wish my name was Davey greenS
lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Linda-purl

Ahh now if she was couple of years younger and me a couple of years older.... laugh3

lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Jacobk10lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little House on the Prairie movie back in development   lhotp - Little House on the Prairie movie back in development - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Little House on the Prairie movie back in development
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next