Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Survivor

Go down 
+4
Savannah
HarrisonCrosby4387
Rob
emilyanneoftheprairie
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Survivor - Page 3 Goodsi10

Survivor - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Survivor - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 7:54 am

Amy wrote:
A person on my other board mentioned how Amanda screwed this up. She HAD that million in her hands, but she kept apologizing for everything, and making the puppy dog eyes, and never owned what she did to GET where she was.

Exactly! I thought the turning point was when Jean-Robert was questioning Todd at the end. There was no hemming and hawing and "gee, I'm so sorry" on Todd's part. He just looked JR in the eye and said, "When you came to me with your plan I realized you were a good strategist. That made you my #1 competition, so you had to go." A straightforward, honest answer. JR had no reply, and James was laughing like crazy - "That shut him up!"

There's a time for apologizing and a time, like you said, to own what you did to get there. And I think Todd admitted ownership of his game at just the right time.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Survivor - Page 3 Cloud910

Survivor - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Survivor - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 4:37 pm

There was an article in today's paper that said Denise was promoted to custodian, with higher wages and more benefits. It said that she asked to be a custodian instead of a lunch lady. Aparently she lied to Jeff about not getting her old job back and getting another one.

Survivor - Page 3 MarilynKeeper Survivor - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Survivor - Page 3 Happy011

Survivor - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Survivor - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 7:52 pm

Wow, that's terrible. I cannot believe Denise did that!

I don't see what was so great about Todd's gameplay IMO. It's all in the editing. And as a fan of the show for all 15 seasons I have seen way better winners than him. He cried like a girl when he won, lol. Me and my buddy at work said he looked like he won a Miss America pagent, lol!! ROTFL If that were me I would have been screaming and jumping around. :woohooo:

The next season looks pretty interesting. I should have auditioned for that one. I heard a rumor of which Survivor China player is going to be on and honestly, I don't know why they picked this person.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Survivor - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Survivor - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 8:49 pm

Who is it going to be, Beckie?
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Survivor - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Survivor - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 8:51 pm

I'll give you a hint...it's supposed to be a female.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Survivor - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Survivor - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 10:19 pm

Courtney?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Survivor - Page 3 Love-s10

Survivor - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Survivor - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 9:03 am

MattLabMyLove wrote:
He cried like a girl when he won, lol. Me and my buddy at work said he looked like he won a Miss America pagent, lol!! ROTFL If that were me I would have been screaming and jumping around. :woohooo:

I think it's hard to say how a person would react. I mean, honestly, I think I'd start bawling. I mean, a million dollars is a lot of money, and I'm sure it's overwhelming for anyone, but especially for someone who has had a rough time financially. I don't know what Todd's background is, but I can only imagine that surreal feeling of that initial moment. I actually think Amanda thought she was going to win, and I believe he may have thought so too. It cetainly blind-sided me! So a lot of it could be the disbelief that he was actually the winner.

And Beckie, pleeeeease don't tell me it's Peih-gee in the next one?! No Frying pan

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Survivor - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Survivor - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2007 6:02 pm

Actually I have flight attendants in my family and they make a lot of money. Still think his reaction looked silly, lol. No it's not supposed to be PG in the next one. I actually liked her, she had a lot of fire and spark in her. Unfortunately her personality and her being the last member of her original tribe were her downfalls. She angered a lot of people.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Survivor - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivor   Survivor - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Survivor
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3