Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"

Go down 
+4
Gin
emilyanneoftheprairie
bethandmanly
Carol
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" Happy010

book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" Empty
PostSubject: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 11:08 am

So even though this is mainly for Little House books, I thought we could also discuss the Anne of Green Gables books... since it's similar to Little House. Type

I will only do it if enough people are interested in discussing the chapters. What is awesome about this is that the book is available online and everyone can read the chapters online. I really wish they would do this for Little House, I keep checking, but maybe soon!

Anyway, who is up for the book discussion? Wave

book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" Aogglmm

book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 11:47 am

I don't have time to read it chapter by chapter, but since I've read it so many times, I can probably contribute anyway.

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 11:53 am

Cool Thumbsup

That's one bird on the line... who else wants to come up? grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 12:47 pm

:3gather: C'mon birds, let's squawk together.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyFri Oct 26, 2007 4:28 pm

sure,i can try
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptySat Oct 27, 2007 7:38 pm

Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptySun Nov 18, 2007 3:49 pm

i will do it! i can't read it chapter by chapter but i have read it alot to so i will do itt! Cool

book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" Cute-2
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 7:25 pm

Alot of people I know had to read this in school, but for some reason I must have missed that week. LOL I decided when I was pregnant with my second son, that I would read as many as I could until he was born. Well, he was very OVERDUE so I read them all! LOL
I do love these books, but have to admit that knowing which way the grass was growing (all the details) got a bit annoying.
My heart always went out to Anne, she just wanted to be accepted and loved. She tried so hard, and entered motherhood herself full of hope and alot of love. She felt everything to its fullest and was an awesome friend.
I enjoyed reading all of this series and felt that I had accomplished alot by the time my son was born.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 11:57 pm

Okay, whoever wants to participate, please do so... all comments are very welcomed grinsmiley

book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" Anne-of-green-gables-anne-of-green-gables-novels-paperback

Anne of Green Gables:
Chapter 1 -- Mrs. Rachel Lynde is Surprised
( Click here to read the chapter )

===================

I really like the first chapter. You can tell right of the bat that Rachel is a snoop lol. She had enough character for both she and her husband Thomas... as he was known for being 'Rachel Lynde's husband' instead of Thomas lol.

I thought it was funny how she felt like her afternoon's enjoyment was spoiled because she didn't know what was going on with Matthew Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyFri Dec 21, 2007 10:55 am

SAME HERE, RACHEL IS TO NOSIE, it's kind of a hate love thing for her..I think we can all realte to her cuz iam sure we all meet a women like her.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyFri Dec 21, 2007 12:59 pm

This is a great start for the book (I'm taking this from memory though). Rachel Lynde is the town busy body--I'm sure we've all met those. And off-topic, this is something that Patricia Hamilton brought to the screen very well. I think we learn a bit about Matthew in this chapter too, because Rachel wonders what could be going on because of his attire. So, we can guess that Matthew is not a business man.

And from a writer's persepctive, Montgomery does well in drawing the reader in with this hook. Now you want to know where in the heck Matthew Cuthbert is going too.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyTue Dec 25, 2007 7:15 pm

Yes she really does!!! she really makes u feel like u wanna live at green gables!

Yup,Matthew is shown has a good sweet loving but quit shy guy!!

yes, she did a good job has rachel!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyTue Dec 25, 2007 7:16 pm

I hope am doing this right?
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:42 pm

yeah you are.

Rachel Lyned of couse is in on all the gossip and poor Matthew can't get some privacy! lol

book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" Cute-2
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 12:50 am

sorry to dig this up, but my fav quote out of the whole book is-
"Then Diana puts too many murders in hers. She says she doesn't know what to do with all the people so she kills them off to get rid of them."
I think thats how it goes...

ROTFL ROTFL laugh3
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:23 pm

That's a good one!! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 10:43 pm

that was funny...instersting why to get rid of ppl

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:59 pm

Now I know why I never formed a story club. Someone would be killing people off to get rid of them.

Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" EmptyMon Dec 05, 2022 2:42 pm

Somehow I don't remember ever seeing this thread before.....well, I really like the Anne of Green Gables books and the TV movie from the 1980s, as well as the Anne of Avonlea follow-up movie. I have not read the books for quite a while but I am fairly familiar with the first one, especially since the movie followed it quite closely. Anyway, I just love Anne and her "depths of despair" and all the crazy things she gets involved in. I love her friendship with Diana. And of course I love her and Gilbert.....just drives me crazy how it took Anne so long to actually accept Gil as a romantic partner!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"   book - "ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION" Empty

Back to top Go down

"ANNE OF GREEN GABLES" - BOOK DISCUSSION"
Page 1 of 1