Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"American Idol" - Season 7

Go down 
+11
Kathleen Marie
bethandmanly
Teresa
EllieJane
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
Misti
JW
Rob
Amy
Carol
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Happy011

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 1:02 pm

That would be So Cool if she did but no chance lol :haha:

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 1:04 pm

grinsmiley Jacob. I'll try....

So now we have the top 5 Idols..... Here are my thoughts on them.

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Ep18-151 Brooke: Okay, I think Brooke is nice... but frankly, I don't know why Brooke is still there at this point. Seems America is going for popularity a lot...... I like her and all but I think that she should have gone before Michael & Carley. Brooke has messed up twice already while others havent, she's sang that song in the piano horribly.... sometimes she looks like she's about to cry.... she doesn't have very much range in her voice... I don't know... but I guess her fan base is bigger or maybe people felt sorry for her, I'm just trying to make sense of what happned last night... lol

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Sayesha8Sayesha: I don't know what Sayesha was doing in the bottom 2 last night. That girl has a power voice and did so great on Tuesday night. I could definetely see her getting parts in Broadway, I think she would have a lot of fun doing that. If America gets it right, Sayesha will be in the top 3.

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Jason10Jason: Well Jason got the "charming" vote (and yes, I admit... the man is beautiful, lol), that's why he was safe last night. He should have been in the bottome 2 last night. I can imagine a CD from Jason... his voice sounds the same... it was really nice hearing him at the beginning but since the show has progressed, he has not done anything different really. All sounds the same to me now.... lol I guess I can listen to his CD if I'm relaxing on a hammock on the beach... but I'll probably download it illegally since I won't be 'watching' him sing... I'll just be hearing him sing... grinsmiley

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Davidarchuleta7David A: Well, he'll definetely be in the top 2 this year and I think he will be the runner up this year. He is good but I think David Cook has a lot more talent and diversity than David A. But even runner ups do very well (example: Clay Aiken.... BTW, where the heck is Reuben?! LOL)

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Dcook88 David C: Another tallented guy. I liked him from the time he auditioned for the show. He will go very far, he's proven that he has a lot of talent and creativity. I think he will be the next american idol and I'm sure he has a lot of deals already so even if he doesn't win, that guy is set! I'll definetely be buying his CD. :headphone:

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 30504As for Carley who went home last night, it was a joke.... I'll definetely be buying her CD!

It looks like American Idol has really become a popularity/looks contest. Yeah, the whole package counts, etc... but it'd be nice if America would close their eyes and listen as this is a a "singing" competition.
This reminds me of the time they interviewed Shakira when she did her crossover from the latin to the american audience. She said that never before had she been so pressured to watch her looks, her body image, etc.... So when she did the cross over, she not only worried about making music and singing but also had to worry about her body image almost at the same level.... crazy... lol
I GUARANTEE, that is this was a RADIO contest where we would only have to listen to them... the votes would be waaaaay different! Laughing

*Credit goes to LiveJournal users for the icons...*

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 5:20 pm

Teresa wrote:
Maybe Kristy will invite you to her wedding, Jacob. LOL!!!!

Kristy was the one that had a little known record label, I believe, but didn't end up selling very many albums. She came into it that way. I think that was the story I heard. I admit, that is kinda what soured me on this season. The "plants" as they called them. I still watch occasionally, but its not "must see" for me like it was before.

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Hummer"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 MistiKeeper"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Bookclub5"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 6:02 pm

Yeah i have heard that to that Kristy Has a Album i have been checking on ebay if they have one cheap but they are kind of Expensive

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Jacobk10"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 6:26 pm

I heard that Michael Johns had also had some contract as well....

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 7:19 pm

Carly did too.

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 8:20 pm

Ok....well guess my crystal ball was a bit cloudy!! :oops: I am surprised that Carly took the bullet. Glad to see Brooke still in there, but would hate to be in her shoes next week. She really has to do great to stay. I'm going to stop predicting, its CLEARLY a popularity competition now.
I guess anything can happen now. funny tv

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 9:32 am

Carol wrote:
: Well Jason got the "charming" vote (and yes, I admit... the man is beautiful, lol), that's why he was safe last night. He should have been in the bottome 2 last night. I can imagine a CD from Jason... his voice sounds the same... it was really nice hearing him at the beginning but since the show has progressed, he has not done anything different really. All sounds the same to me now.... lol I guess I can listen to his CD if I'm relaxing on a hammock on the beach... but I'll probably download it illegally since I won't be 'watching' him sing... I'll just be hearing him sing... grinsmiley

ROFL on your beach/hammock comment, Carol! My parents feel the same way---they think he's boring. I really do think there are people out there (like me) that are not voting on his charm though---that's part of it---but for me I still stand by his quality and uniqueness. I just love the guy, (EVEN with this last song disaster). He and Brooke both just totally lack the 'power voices', but my thinking is that there is just waaaaay too much focus on 'power' voices these days. Let me compare this to figure skating for a second...now you have to have quadruple axels and super-human jumps to even compete nowadays....the 'greats' who critique these skaters are asking, "What ever happened to go old quality of skating?" Great edges, beautiful spirals, etc...they're all so focused on jumps they suffer in other areas. Well that's what's lacking in the singing world today, IMHO. I love Brooke because she has the 'Carly Simon' quality. She's different, not your typical 'belter', which is what Carly is. I don't see anything 'special' with Carly like I do with Brooke. It's about quality for me, not 'quantity'. That's why, for me, I don't really judge week by week like you're supposed to. I know what I like, I have from the beginning, and both Jason & Brooke proved themselves a long time ago in my eyes. I will love both their CDs, I know, because I've listened to their songs without watching them, and love their voices, especially Jason's, but that's no secret. Wink So, anyhoo...I'm sure there are people/girls out there voting for Jason on charm, but I strongly feel there are people just like me out there that really do love him for his voice and unique ability. Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:21 pm

Amy wrote:
He and Brooke both just totally lack the 'power voices', but my thinking is that there is just waaaaay too much focus on 'power' voices these days.

:agree:

It seems like some of the singers only know how to sing LOUD and long. It gets on my nerves.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 1:54 pm

Savannah wrote:
Amy wrote:
He and Brooke both just totally lack the 'power voices', but my thinking is that there is just waaaaay too much focus on 'power' voices these days.

It seems like some of the singers only know how to sing LOUD and long. It gets on my nerves.

The thing is this.... if you have a power voice, you have a wider range of songs you can sing. The songs that are sang low and soft (like Jason & Brooke) sing... are .... nice... but they don't make me stand up and applaud or go "wow!" or give me the chills when I hear a power note done really well.

Those with power voices are not necessarily going to be doing songs with high power notes all the time. Carley has a great low range and has some power to her voice too.... and I think she can outsing Brooke any day.... sorry (like Simon likes to say.. Laughing )

She just didn't have a big enough fan base because people didn't like her because either her attitude or the fact she had a previous record deal. She was 17! and only sold like 200 something copies.... she wasn't really known at all. I think that a lot of all these people who audition for the show have had some sort of form in the spotlight.... that's why they are considered good singers. David A has been in the spotlight a while, Michael Johns had a record deal before as well, so did Kristy but NOBODY had experienced the fame AI has brought them.... and the rules are that you can't have an active contract... so why not get a second chance?

I think that it would be better if only certain people would vote for the contestants, people who would take the show seriously and focus on their singing ability. Many of the votes going in are not really serious votes. Here is an example. There is a site called votefortheworst.com where they.... as they say... vote for the worst lol. They chose Brooke as their mission and on their page they are saying the mission was accomplished. Check it out: Huh? lol

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Brookewhitebanner
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Brookebeatscarly
CARLY'S GONE!!!! Oh this is too delicious. Thanks to everyone who helped us vote for Brooke this week to make this magical moment possible. The season is finally interesting for a week.

-----------

Makes you wonder how many votes they pulled... Huh? lol
For the record, I don't think Brooke is the worst but I do think she does deserve to be in the top 12.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 7:34 pm

Carol wrote:
Savannah wrote:
Amy wrote:

The thing is this.... if you have a power voice, you have a wider range of songs you can sing.

It seems, though, that if they have the power voice - they don't usually actually DO a wider range of songs. They just sing the BIG songs and belt it out. Or.........if they try to sing a different style, it still comes out loud and big. There are a couple of really famous singers who I can think of who fall into that category. They have extremely powerful voices, but all they seem to do is belt it out so loud that after just a few moments, I turn them off.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 9:50 pm

Here is an old video of Carley where she is not belting out the notes. I think she tried belting out notes on AI because she wanted to prove she could go a little higher but her low range is neat too and Paula kept telling her that lol... she can sing different types and wider range of songs. I can't wait to see what her CD will be like. Go Carley! :sing:

BTW, I heard David Cook tried selling his album already and it sold quite a bit on Amazon but it was pulled because he's not supposed to do that while he's on AI. Yikes....

Here is a video for Jacob & Rob grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 5:11 pm

Oh I saw that Devoted Video of Kristy Lee Cook a few weeks ago i'm startin to like the song. Brooke already had a Recording Contract before she came to American Idol here's the Cover
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 C672729fd7a07d955065f010._AA240_.L
and here's Carlys CD from before she has a Diffrent last name now on American Idol
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Carly-Smithson-Album
and Here's Kristys CD from before
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Kristylee
and here's Michael Johns from before
"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 MichaelJohnsAlbumArtSmall-full

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:27 am

Wow, I guess I'm completely in the dark....I seriously only thought Carly was the only one in the group to have had a contract! OhMy Trying to decide how I feel about this. I see what you're saying Carol, about second chances, but in the beginning seasons of AI it was totally raw talent and I guess I really like that. Oh well....I'm enjoying all these people so who am I to complain?! Wink

Wow, honestly? I can't even tell that that's Carly's voice on the video clip, Carol!! I really like it---she's way more mellow and easy-listening to my ear. I would never have known that's her if I was only listening and not seeing with my own eyes. I would buy that cd!"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Accord07Thanks for posting that! Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:29 am

Savannah wrote:
It seems, though, that if they have the power voice - they don't usually actually DO a wider range of songs. They just sing the BIG songs and belt it out. Or.........if they try to sing a different style, it still comes out loud and big. There are a couple of really famous singers who I can think of who fall into that category. They have extremely powerful voices, but all they seem to do is belt it out so loud that after just a few moments, I turn them off.

:yeahthat: Wink

But yeah, I get what you're saying about the 'wider range' of songs, Carol. Makes sense, and that's clearly the case with Jason & Brooke.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 11:26 am

I agree Amy I Enjoyed the song she was acually good better then on American Idol

American Idol is on tomorrow :idance:

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 11:47 am

JW wrote:
American Idol is on tomorrow :idance:

Woo hoo!!! :sing: OMG...we're really getting down to the wire, aren't we?!?!"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Danseuse01

So excited for Neil Diamond!! "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Coucou18 I seriously adored him in the 80's. Anyone ever see The Jazz Singer? Such a good movie! Thumbsup

Here's my favorite Neil Diamond song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPkDSTpiIps

And who can forget "Coming to America"? This is a great 'history' video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ttDUGM-1mU

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 12:14 pm

Ohhhhhhhhh, I love the song, "Hello Again" too, Amy. I also love "Sweet Caroline." I can see David Cook singing "Hello Again" and giving it a little bit of a rock edge here and there, just like he did with the Lionel Richie song. I sure hope someone sings it. Neil Diamond has some really great songs. The past few weeks have been a little weak with the celebrity guests, so I'm glad that they finally have someone on that wrote some awesome songs!!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62620
Mood : "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 2:23 pm

Looking forward to Neil! Here's something from his Hot August Night concert album, one of my favorite records from the '70s. These are the closing numbers - "Soolaimon/Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show." The clip just has still photos, but the music rocks. If you had told me back then that Neil would one day be considered a middle-of-the-road, Las Vegas-type entertainer, I would have spit bricks. :faint2:

I especially like his impersonation of a backwoods revival preacher on Brother Love. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 4:59 pm

Ok...here we go again...another fun filled week. I am begining to yell at the TV. Neil Diamond will be fun. Its great to get some of these "older" singer songwriters on...they can learn alot from them.

"American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:21 pm

I Would't know never really care for Neil Diamond so i never took the time to listin to a song of his and i wanted to look at this One video that Amy Posted but my sister wanted to know what are we listing to and i said what it was and she said well its Crap lol well i stop it then Yes she is a Just as a Big Country music fan as me maybe even biger cause i try listing to a Neil Diamond song ok bye some peopel might hate me now on this forum ☮

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 10:39 pm

I don't know too much about Neil Diomond. I do remember the song 'Sweet Caroline' but didn't know it was him who sang it.

I went to youtube to see what songs he had... I think this one would be good for Jason to sing

LOL Jacob... it's okay we still love ya! ☮

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:09 am

Aw, Jacob, don't worry! :alright: Hey, at least you gave it a shot! ☮

I know what you mean about the 'mentors', Teresa...I haven't enjoyed anyone as much as I have Dolly actually. I guess Mariah week got the biggest ratings though...apparently I'm in the minority of people who don't care for her! :think:

Carol, I can see that song on Jason too, but unfortunately this probably isn't a good week for him just because Neil is so mellow, Jason is bound to do the same mellow stuff. That works for me, but not for most I know. I don't know that he's been given an opportunity to 'step it up' this week.

I'm wondering if you guys are curious if David Cook will sing "He's not heavy, he's my brother"? Some people are saying it would seem like he was vying for sympathy votes. I guess so, but it certainly would be a beautiful tribute. Not sure how he could possibly make it through the song though. No This is one song that is done better by a 'group' anyway, IMO. I love it by the Osmonds. I don't like Neil's version---too slow and boring I think, but David C. or David A. could change it up and make it great, I'm sure.

Here it is by the Osmonds, my favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kik2We0iqvU&feature=related

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 11:39 am

I think I missed something, Amy. What is the story behind David Cook's brother?

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 12:45 pm

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "American Idol" - Season 7   "American Idol" - Season 7 - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

"American Idol" - Season 7
Page 20 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next