Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One thing that always works.

Go down 
+7
JW
Lily
Teresa
Vanesa
Rhonda
Carol
Savannah
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
One thing that always works. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : One thing that always works. Happy010

One thing that always works. Empty
PostSubject: One thing that always works.   One thing that always works. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 1:11 pm

I had to drive over to a little town about twenty miles from here, and take my Mom to a doctor's appointment this morning. It was just below zero, and we'd gotten a little snow - So we left a little early, and drove a little more slowly. Sure enough, the roads were still icy. But if you take it easy, it usually isn't too bad. Well.........This big truck came roaring up behind us, and was JUST getting ready to pass, when we drove by three cars that had gone in the ditch on one side of the road - and two more on the other.
:Hahaha: I don't think I've ever seen anyone back off as fast as he did!! So, we got safely to the doctor's. Mom got a good report on her blood pressure. (It's down over twenty points!) And we were able to leave *right* when I really needed to get out of there. How many people go to the doctor's office, and end up sitting next to Casanova himself?? Good grief. Anyway..........The trip over there proved once again, that one thing that always works to get someone to back off when your driving, is to drive by a few cars that have already careened off into the ditch. Works like a charm. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: One thing that always works.   One thing that always works. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 1:21 pm

Laughing Yeah I would say it does work.

Good news about your mom! :woohooo:

One thing that always works. Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : One thing that always works. Purple2

PostSubject: Re: One thing that always works.   One thing that always works. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 1:23 pm

It doesn't slow 'em down here in Arkansas. I can't tell you how many people think they are super drivers on that black ice..... No

One thing that always works. Rhonda10One thing that always works. Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: One thing that always works.   One thing that always works. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 1:36 pm

What a shame. I think people don't slow down as much for black ice, though, because they don't see it. This ice was pretty obvious - And when you live in a state that has a lot of ice-related road fatalities each year, drivers *usually* learn quickly that even four-wheel-drive doesn't give you a license to drive the normal speed on ice. It just means that you could have four-wheel-drive spinning out and going into the ditch. There was an article on the news last night, with police officers and rescue workers asking people to slow down even more. There are some crazy drivers out there, no matter where you live.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: One thing that always works.   One thing that always works. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 1:47 pm

Carol wrote:

Good news about your mom! :woohooo:

It sure is! Thank you!! Cheer
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : One thing that always works. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: One thing that always works.   One thing that always works. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 2:41 pm

I'm happy for your mother's news, Savannah! :woohooo:

And, Rhonda...how sad and angry these "super drivers" make me feel. Here, they drives a crazy people when it rains. They are like serial-killers... Ranting

Vanesa.

One thing that always works. Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: One thing that always works.   One thing that always works. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 3:17 pm

I'm so glad that your mom's blood pressure has continued to go down. Great news!!
That's funny about the truck. I thought you were going to say that he ended up going into the ditch. LOL! That's always scary though because if you needed to break, his truck could have ended up in your back seat.

One thing that always works. TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
One thing that always works. LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : One thing that always works. Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: One thing that always works.   One thing that always works. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 3:51 pm

Great news about your mom, Savannah!! Cheer

Maniac drivers are everywhere, they drive like they own the streets. They have absolutely no regards for everyone else. I also can't understand the drivers seem to be lost, driving 10 MPH looking for the place while holding up the traffic. If I was lost or looking for an address, I pull over, at least let the cars behind me pass by. Also, in NY, we have private cabs that hold back the traffic while they look for passengers, but yet, when they're behind you, they blow their horns and want you to get out of their ways.
banghead mad Ranting

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : One thing that always works. Happy011

PostSubject: Re: One thing that always works.   One thing that always works. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 4:04 pm

Great News Savannah

One thing that always works. Jacobk10One thing that always works. Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : One thing that always works. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: One thing that always works.   One thing that always works. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 5:20 pm

Yes, that's great news about your mom, Savannah! Cheer

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: One thing that always works.   One thing that always works. EmptyThu Feb 21, 2008 9:44 am

Yeah, I'd say that would be a good incentive for people to slow down! :haha:

That is absolutely wonderful news about your mom!!! Bliss

One thing that always works. PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : One thing that always works. Party010

PostSubject: Re: One thing that always works.   One thing that always works. EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 3:11 am

That driving thing don't work for me. You've heard of defensive driving? Well, I took offensive driving.

Stay the hell outta my way, and we'll get along fine.Cool

Great news about your Mom though! :woohooo:
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: One thing that always works.   One thing that always works. EmptyFri Feb 22, 2008 2:09 pm

Savannah wrote:
How many people go to the doctor's office, and end up sitting next to Casanova himself?? Good grief.

Isn't amazing how many annoying people you run into in places you never think you'll see them? I had a similiar situation with a *gentleman* I work with when I was with a group of friends last week. I think my friends (mostly males) scared him off, though. ROTFL

But I'm off topic. I'm glad you got to the doctor's safely, and that's great news about your mom's blood pressure! Thumbsup

One thing that always works. ChristinaKeeper2 One thing that always works. 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One thing that always works.   One thing that always works. Empty

Back to top Go down

One thing that always works.
Page 1 of 1