Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Look Back To Yesterday"

Go down 
+18
LHOTPfan2000
orangecake
julmer70
jessicamarie
littlehouselover
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Ruth
Davetucson
amyk
Krissy
bethandmanly
Vanesa
ChristinaAL
Robinsgirl
jes9
david
Kristina
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7855
Mood : "Look Back To Yesterday" Bokmal10

"Look Back To Yesterday" Empty
PostSubject: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 7:24 am

I don't know if this episode already has its own topic on here, but it was one of the three special episodes Michael Landon made after the end of the 9th season. this is the episode where Albert found out he was dying of a rare blood disease, right after he decides he wants to be a doctor. this episode made me cry because Albert was definitley one of my favorite characters on the show. though the episode never says whether or not Albert does die, it was still a very touching episode. it was nice to see Albert and Charles back in Walnut Grove after not really being in any episodes for most of Season 9

Last edited by ingallsfan2008 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
david
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
david

Number of posts : 3584
Mood : "Look Back To Yesterday" Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 8:21 pm

An excellent episode! It has a very unusual plot and turns out to take a serious situation and turn it into something very triumphant.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 2:50 pm

after watching the end of Home Again, I'm a little confused with this episode! at the end of Home Again, Laura says that Albert came back to Walnut Grove years later as Doctor Albert Ingalls. Then, in Look Back To Yesterday, Albert finds out that he has a rare blood disease, and that he will most likely die from it. I wish it had been clearer as to what happened with Albert! did anyone else pick up on this?
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 11:31 am

Quote :
after watching the end of Home Again, I'm a little confused with this episode! at the end of Home Again, Laura says that Albert came back to Walnut Grove years later as Doctor Albert Ingalls. Then, in Look Back To Yesterday, Albert finds out that he has a rare blood disease, and that he will most likely die from it. I wish it had been clearer as to what happened with Albert! did anyone else pick up on this?

It's one of those writing inconsistencies, like Almanzo's two nephews turning into his one niece, or Jimmy Hill turning into Jeremy Dodds. It's annoying. I guess what happened is the writers just forgot what they had written, or they had different writers and nobody bothered to go back and check for consistency. To be fair, at the time they probably had no idea so many people would be watching these episodes decades later and analyzing them. There's been some discussion of this particular inconsistency with Albert. One possible explanation is that Albert didn't really die. As I recall, Look Back To Yesterday ends with Laura, Albert, and the students climbing the hill, so it's possible a cure was found or Albert somehow recovered. I guess if it happened to James, it could happen to Albert.

"Look Back To Yesterday" JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 9:43 am

that is true, but watching the end credits for this episode, when they were showing all the pictures of Albert, it gave me the feeling that they wanted you to think he had died. anyways, I think this episode will always be a tearjerker for me, no matter how many times I watch it!
Back to top Go down
Robinsgirl
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 11:12 am

Ok i got like 20 min. into this and had to turn it off. Even the thought of Albert dying made me cry!

Sometimes life throws you under the bus. You gotta hold on for dear life. Don't waste one single day.

==============================================================================================

I wonder how I find myself with the greatest boy ever! <3 He loves me in spite of my issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:22 pm

ingallsfan2008 wrote:

I was woundering the same thing!!
Back to top Go down
david
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
david

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 11:33 pm

Who knows if Albert actually dies? During "The Last Farewell" they refer to the "children" back in the city (who are sorry about Walnut Grove being taken over) without mentioning them by name.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 4:53 pm

david wrote:
Who knows if Albert actually dies? During "The Last Farewell" they refer to the "children" back in the city (who are sorry about Walnut Grove being taken over) without mentioning them by name.

true! I've only watched about it once, and I don't think I picked up on it until now. but even if Albert did die, I'm glad it was in the third to last episode of the show, instead of something like the third to last season!
Back to top Go down
david
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
david

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 10:54 pm

Let's hold hope from that voice over at the conclusion of "Home Again" that Albert did survive, became a doctor, returned to Walnut Grove, beat up Lassiter and his Army, and had a thriving practice full of satisfied patients and buckets of apples. : )
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 7:35 pm

There was a thread a while back about the same actor playing multiple roles, and I don't remember this being mentioned there. I just noticed another one while watching Look Back To Yesterday. The actor who played Vance Reed, Miss Plum's fiance, was Cooper Huckabee, who also played Herman in Troublemaker. Herman was the student in Miss Beadle's class who kept dropping his book and disrupting the class. He's also the one who was late to class because his "cow was birthin'".

"Look Back To Yesterday" JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
david
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
david

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 11:26 pm

He was great in that "Troublemaker" episode. Really put that right wing teacher in his place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 10:53 pm

*sigh*

why did albert have to leave?? at least they didn't show him literally "go" in that episode, that would've been even harder to watch. I'm gonna say that he recovered, lived on, and became an amazing doctor!! this may help you understand the whole episode and Albert being a doctor in 10 years.... in Matt's 2007 interview, he said they didnt actually show Albert die, so it was up to the fans to decide. Albert lives!! grinsmiley

www.littlehousefans.yolasite.com
Back to top Go down
david
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
david

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:50 pm

Why not? According to the ending of "Home Again" he was supposed to have returned to Walnut Grove as Dr. Albert Ingalls anyway!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Too me i get the vibe he died....but the show kind of ened with too many lose ends.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2757

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:26 pm

sweetheart wrote:
Too me i get the vibe he died....but the show kind of ened with too many lose ends.

I agree. Over the years, I've gone back and forth between he lived vs. he didn't, but no matter what, this movie will always be one of the biggest tearjerkers for me. SO many scenes, make me get choked up just thinking about them! Blue

"Look Back To Yesterday" ChristinaKeeper2 "Look Back To Yesterday" 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
david
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
david

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:40 pm

If he can survive being addicted to morphine, then he can survive that blood disease.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:47 pm

It's hard, but in fact you are able to survive any drug adiction. Leukemia, back then, was really a mortal illness. Nowadays, you can cure some kind of leukemias. Others, are still very hard to cope with, and even mortal ones. No

Vanesa.

"Look Back To Yesterday" Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:33 am

I've always felt that Albert died, and that this was an inconsistency caused by shooting the movie after the episode where the narration says he came back.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "Look Back To Yesterday" Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:47 pm

I think they want you to think he died.least that how it feels what happens.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:45 pm

I don't remember ever doubting that he died until reading on this forum....and actually, to me, it may be a more meaningful episode if he did die. I just think that we can forget the narration which says he came back to Walnut Grove, since there was no Walnut Grove to come back to anyway....or at least all the people would have had to move and come back again and rebuild everything yet again.....and we don't get the impression at the end of THE LAST FAREWELL that anything like that would happen (if it was really "the last farewell" I guess I take that to mean the farewell to Walnut Grove).

But I guess we can all decide however we want....a lot of TV series have many inconsistencies, I suspect. I'm sure the way that the shows are put together makes consistency mistakes a lot harder to realize than for those of us watching them in order. They may be filming multiple episodes at the same time, even, if they only need certain actors or certain sets. And then, too, if the show was only on once a week, you would not be so likely to notice inconsistencies. But with the advent of VCRs and DVDs, and some of us can have marathon watching of our favorite series, so it is very easy for us to notice inconsistencies.

Even soap operas, which are supposed to be continuing stories, probably have lots of inconsistencies.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:43 pm

[b]I think everybody is making to much of the episode that says Albert would return as Doctor Ingalls. That is what Albert was PLANNING to do, and would have if he had not gotten sick.
I get a kick out of Melissa Gilbert saying that no one on the show had a realtionship with Charles like Half Pint did.
I think he loved Albert every bit as much as he did Laura. And MAYBE even a teenie bit more because he ALWAYS wanted a son. Matt was my favorite character in the show, and always will be. That boy could act and could rip your heart out. When he told Charles he wanted to go back to Walnut Grove because that's where he became Albert Ingalls, it was all over for me. Smile

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : "Look Back To Yesterday" Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:36 am

This episode is sooo tear-jerking... bawling
I still can't work out if died or lived..? scratchead

Leaves "Look Back To Yesterday" RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "Look Back To Yesterday" Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 11:18 am

I'Am Not really sure. I think that he died. Least it's still the way i see it.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:23 pm

sweetheart wrote:

I agree.......

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Look Back To Yesterday"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next