Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Look Back To Yesterday"

Go down 
+18
LHOTPfan2000
orangecake
julmer70
jessicamarie
littlehouselover
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Ruth
Davetucson
amyk
Krissy
bethandmanly
Vanesa
ChristinaAL
Robinsgirl
jes9
david
Kristina
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
david
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
david

Number of posts : 3584
Mood : "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 Goodsi10

"Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 9:52 pm

Technically maybe Sylvia Webb did not die either. Health, happiness, and long lives to the deserving both of them!
Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 1:40 pm

It's my belief that he did die - the ending with all the children holding raised hands is a kind of resurrection - symbolic of Albert's spirit living on.
Back to top Go down
david
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
david

Number of posts : 3584
Mood : "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 8:55 pm

It would be interesting to see if they had made reference to it if making that reunion movie that was talked about though never done after the death of "Pa".

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2017 3:36 pm

Well done video On Look Back

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 2:08 pm

That was rather nice watching.
Back to top Go down
Juliette72
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Juliette    "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2020 10:34 pm

I just seen this obituary of Albert Ingall’s and idk where or who got it, but it’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen. Ppl if you go back to the movies and match the dates you will see that a lot of them are off. But my question is why would Caroline and Charles go back to Walnut Grove and if Albert did die not even mention about visiting his grave especially to the man named Drew who’s with them in the stagecoach when he asks them if they have family here in WG. They only mention a daughter and a son in law with their grand baby never a son that they recently lost 2-3 years back. They all look so happy and never mention Albert just that the kids are ok when those #children are already teens by then. That’s why Albert is well and survived and Laura never narrated anything at the end of Look Back because at the end of Home Again when she says at the end that he comes back years later and becomes the town’s doctor that was what was supposed to happen before they blew it to pieces. If he would have died, I know she would have said something at the end just like she did in other episodes that weren’t that important. This one being her own brother and the close relationship and love they had, she totally would have mentioned something and at least shorten the film or make a part two for a funeral and have his family at least his mother present don’t you agree? And as Matt said in his interview it’s up to debate because not even he knows but he probably dies and we just don’t see it. I don’t think Michael would have wanted it like that honestly or see Albert die. Albert got cured and survived. He could have had anemia instead of Leukemia. Anemia makes you weak, nauseous and gives you bloody nose. Doctor Baker was a town doctor who was not capable of diagnosing a patient with Leukemia in his office like he did with Dylan the kid from the Odyssey and gives him days, weeks, or just anytime and he goes down really fast. When he sees Albert, he doesn’t know what it is but sends him to go see his colleague in Mankato. How can you withdraw blood and check it under a microscope in an unsanitary environment and give a diagnosis in less then 24 hours and be sure it’s an un curable illness. So many things to look at. Yes Albert has bloody nose and fatigue but that’s common with other blood disorders that are not deadly. Also this so called doctor didn’t even say it was Leukemia. That’s why I’m so convinced that with all I’ve seen and done my reviews, our beloved Albert Ingall’s did NOT die. He went on to become that handsome doctor that if they could have continued the series we would have seen him as that fine doctor and his beloved Michelle and probably a family of their own. Comments are appreciated just be you it’s fine thank you 😊
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 12:08 pm

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! Welcome

If you go back through and read the comments here, I think you will see the different opinions about whether Albert died or not. Many have some great comments that make a lot of sense, especially the fact that Home Again was an episode in the LHOTP series, where Look Back to Yesterday was a made for TV movie for LHOTP. The two have different writers and complete different storylines. Home Again ends with Laura's voiceover saying Albert would return as a doctor in Walnut Grove, I'm guessing to give him a happy ending after being a troublemaker and addicted to drugs. The writer of Look Back to Yesterday wrote a completely separate story that involved Albert getting sick and passing away without even thinking back on previous episodes. This seems to happen quite often...a show ends... made for TV movies come along and rewrite things...Case in point...Albert was to return to Walnut Grove as a doctor, yet the town was blown up while Doc Baker was still the doctor there... Inconsistencies in stories by different writers has always been a frustration for dedicated fans of their favorite shows...

"Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 Rhonda10"Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Juliette72
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Juliette    "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 12:55 pm

Thank you, you’re so sweet. I’m a big fan and have been doing my own research. I watched it again last night and I was surprised that right after they diagnosed him, his nosebleeds subsided and he started acting more normal. In the Odyssey episode, that kid went down quick. So after I finished watching it, I still came to the conclusion that he didn’t die. He climbed a mountain which is hard to do even if you’re healthy so I can imagine if you’re a dying person. His father had that face full of faith and knew his son was going to survive even Mr. Edwards when he told Charles that that’s one great boy he’s got something along those lines I can’t remember. Watch it again and you will see for yourself that he doesn’t die and Laura’s words from Home Again were supposed to become true if the show continued. Also if Albert was supposed to have died, there were two last films left so why didn’t they include him in those dying is one of my questions also. Because he went off to the University and that’s why his loving father never mentions him in any of them. Charles Ingalls are you kidding me not remembering his son Albert, he adored him more than Laura. He loved him and actually in real life also because Matt is just plain and simply beautiful don’t you agree Miss Ronda
Back to top Go down
Juliette72
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Juliette    "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 2:10 pm

Also Rhonda, I do have to add that it does continue with the conclusion of Home Again and Michael did have some say in the production of this film. He still goes to see the University he’s going to attend to become the doctor. And to you saying that doctor Baker was still the town doctor at the time the town was blown up, he was only because Albert was attending the University and would later return. If they would continue like I said, Albert would return and doc Baker would retire. No parent comes back from living in a city and doesn’t visit their child’s grave if they were buried there. So that’s another conclusion that I’ve come up too that Albert didn’t die because Caroline and Charles were happy as can be when they came for a visit. On page #1 of this section there’s a person who wrote down his conclusions and I do agree with him and they all make sense. I don’t know if you have seen someone post an obituary about Albert where it said that he was 19 years old when he died in 1887 which is so not true because Albert was born in early 1870 or 1871 so that would have made him around 26-27 years old at the time of his death. Even if he’s a fictional character, it’s still a bunch of confusion and bologna that he died. Michael would have made it happen somewhere in the middle of the episode and at least give us a funeral so we could grieve Albert. In all, my heart tells me he didn’t die. If I had the opportunity to go to New York City and find Matt for myself 🥰😍 oh how I would love to see him and have such a conversation with him. Even give him a big o’l hug because I loved Albert and love him lol. Hey he’s 53 and I’m 48. It can work right Wink
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2020 2:28 pm

I do not know where the obituary came from...probably a fanfic site from a person who decided to write one to make closure for himself and the character of Albert. I still say the inconsistencies were because of different writers.  Michael Landon did have a lot of say-so with the stories but it seems a lot of slip-ups happened because of the writer and the story written...There were many times we had Laura doing a voice-over at the end and we were never shown that it actually happened...Huh?

Albert did climb the mountain with the children, but with great difficulty...When a person sets his mind to something, whether sick or healthy, they can do just about anything they want..I am proof of that after going through cancer twice...as the saying goes, "Where there's a will, there's a way!" and Albert was going to make sure he made that climb. I feel like the scene with Pa and Laura and him making her come to the realization that Albert was going to die was too emotional for both of them for it not to happen in the end.  

We can go back and forth with this and never come to any conclusion, at least, not the conclusion we believe happened...And, just because they don't show Ma and Pa stopping by to visit Albert's grave or Baby Freddy's grave, doesn't mean that they didn't...it just wasn't shown.
I hope more will pop in with their feelings on this, although, most have already given it in the previous comments...
scratchead

"Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 Rhonda10"Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 6:46 am

Matt Labyorteaux was born in Dec. 1966.

Matt was 12 when he made "Family Tree"in 1979 and the fictional year was 1888.

Home Again was shot in 1982. Matt was 16.  

Quinn tried to adopt Albert in 1888 and that same year, Charles adopted him. See screenshot.

The only thing you can base Albert's age on is Matt's actual age since this is purely fictional.

Albert was born in 1875-1876. He got sick in 1892. He was 17. Matt himself has stated that Albert died. You can debate it endlessly, but to no avail. The fact is that Michael did a sloppy job of this one. He should have taken it to the end, buried Albert in Walnut Grove and saved a lot of endless chattering about whether or not Albert died or not.

Albert going through adoption papers in "May We Make Them Proud"
"Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 Adopti10

Matt's Opinion:
While viewers continue to disagree over whether or not Albert actually passed away at the end of Look Back to Yesterday, actor Matthew Labyorteaux has his mind made up about the fate of his character.

"He never officially died in the episode and I think maybe it’s kind of left up in the air to debate… but it was sort of an unspoken thing that we knew he was going to die," the former child star explained in an interview.

Matt Labyorteaux

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."

littlehouselover likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Look Back To Yesterday"   "Look Back To Yesterday" - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Look Back To Yesterday"
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3