Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favorite Christmas movie

Go down 
+19
Harrietfan
Julia
Krissy
Prairie Dweller
MissOleson
LIWnut
alexczarn
Lori
Kristina
Rob
Prairie Wind
Alice
susansmoose
Rhonda
bethandmanly
JW
Carol
Savannah
Amy
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 Happy011

Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:42 am

I think i have heard of that one Amy i will have to see that one yet here is a short list of the Christmas movies i have watched so far this year

A Special Night
Christmas Lodge (Thomas Kinkade)
A Christmas Visitor

Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 Jacobk10Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:49 am

Oh, I hadn't heard of the Thomas Kinkade one...I bet Mom would like that. We're both big fans of Christmas movies. We've watched a few so far this year, but have a lot of them left yet to see.
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:51 am

Its a Really Great Movie Savannah worth Buying Thumbsup

Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 Jacobk10Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:33 am

Jacob, is the Kinkade movie related to The Cape Light series?

It's a Wonderful Life is my favorite Christmas movie.

I also like Mr. Krueger's Christmas. It also features Jimmy Stewart. The movie is only about twenty-five minutes. The scene where Jimmy goes to the manger and talks to Baby Jesus is wonderful. When filming Jimmy said that he wanted as few people around for the filming of the scene and that he was only going to shoot it once because he was going to do it right the first time.
A friend sent me the movie a few years ago. She knew I liked Jimmy Stewart, but she thought the little girl in the movie looked a lot like I did when I was that age. She's right, she does- and what's even freakier is that our names are very similar!
Here's a link to the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tMuSVVljg8

Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 12:13 pm

Sadly no Prairie Dweller i really like the Cape Light Series i hope they make those into movies yet it sure would be nice here is the Cover of the movie and what it is about
Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 51unLsSXkGL._SL500_AA300_
Thomas Kinkade presents Christmas Lodge: a place where a heart-warming past and loving future meet for one remarkable group of people. During a weekend trip to the mountains, Mary (Erin Karpluk) finds herself at the now-dilapidated lodge where she spent the holidays with her family growing up. She becomes determined to restore the building to its former glory. Inspired by her grandfather and guided by her grandmother in heaven, Mary throws herself into the project, and during the process finds herself drawn to Jack (Michael Shanks), a handsome man who loves the lodge as much as she does. Historically unlucky in love, this chance encounter allows Mary to renew her faith in life and discover her one true love. For an uplifting story about the importance of faith, family and the true holiday spirit, go to the
Christmas Lodge.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 6:02 pm

sounds like a good movie.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 7:20 pm

It's a Wonderful Life is on NBC tonight...
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 9:38 pm

Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 6472 I love that movie.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:13 pm

one magic christmas is good

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 11:20 pm

Thanks, Jacob. :) It sounds a tiny bit like the new series... Angel Island? I'll have to see if I can get the movie through the interloan system. :)

Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:55 am

Oh i have't read that any of those books i'll have to check them out

Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:43 am

Picking a favorite Christmas movie for me is hard...So like you all have done, I will put down my favorites.

Holiday Inn
White Christmas
It's A Wonderful Life
Miracle On 34th Street

I also enjoy all the Christmas specials, especially Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, Here Comes Santa Claus, Charlie Brown, etc.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:31 pm

I've got another one to recommend....it's super cute, that I watched off my Netflix streaming again. It's called "Mrs. Miracle", with Doris Roberts. Thumbsup

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1431115/

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:04 pm

want to see that

Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:16 am

It's a Wonderful Life!
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 4:15 pm

Oh cool i have been wanting to see that one Amy have you seen the 2nd one? i think its called they call me Mrs Miracle

I watched the Christmas Shoes movie it is soo sad great movie tho

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 11:17 pm

"A Christmas Story" is my all-time favorite Christmas movie and perhaps my overall all-time favorite movie.

Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 2:11 pm

I was never to keen on that movie. TBS played it all day on xmas eve.But it was good.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 12:43 am

Its that time of the year again, I started off with The Christmas Card such a great movie, There is also The Christmas Miracle (Thomas Kinkade) Thats waiting for me on the shelf hoping it will be good grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:18 pm

I really like A Charlie Brown Christmas and It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown. I love every Snoopy film!

One of my favorite Christmas films is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. The Vacation series is probably my favorite set of films out of every movie I've seen. They're all so funny! laugh3

I also really like The Year Without A Santa Claus. I watch it every year. I love the Miser Brothers' song

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 1:41 pm

I love all the Christmas cartoons...I'm still a child at heart! I esp. love the "Rudolph" ones...never really got into Frosty for some reason. One I absolutely CAN'T STAND is "Rudolph & Frosty, Christmas in July." I hated that storyline for some reason! I like the rest of them though...and I love "Year Without a Santa Claus." In fact, here are my favorite scenes from that one...very famous scenes!

https://youtu.be/yon2YuXssvo
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:44 pm

I have written elsewhere in this thread that "While You were Sleeping" is one of those 'Christmas' movies that you don't really 'think' of a Christmas movie, but it is. I watched another one the other day. My mom and I watched When Harry Met Sally---for the 10,000th time, lol (one of our faves!), and although it covers all the seasons, it's pretty Christmasey. loveheart
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:03 pm

One movie I totally love, is "The Holiday" w/Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law, & Jack Black. It's technically a Christmas movie, but I've seen it air all year 'round. I can SO relate to Kate's character in the movie, "Iris." It's like whoever wrote the movie knew me and was writing about me! I just hope that fate is as good to me as it was to her in the end. Smile

I'd like to take this moment right now and 'swoon' over Jude Law... Love
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:06 pm

the first Home Alone and National Lampoons Christmas vacation are my two favs
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 3:10 pm

Yes, I forgot all about Home Alone! I like the first and 2nd (only because they are pretty much the same movie in a different city! lol). I never saw the other Home Alone movies (and not interested in doing so; heard they were bad!).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Christmas movie   Christmas - Favorite Christmas movie - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Christmas movie
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next