Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...

Go down 
+9
Coach Jon
Teresa
Amy
Savannah
susansmoose
bethandmanly
Carol
JW
Misti
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Happy010

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Empty
PostSubject: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 4:06 pm

O.K. We've seen a few stinkers lately and so I'm wondering what your disappointments are. Now the ones I list, everyone else might have loved them but they didn't work for me!

A couple of mine:

Kung Foo Panda
H** Boy: The Golden Army

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... HummerMovies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... MistiKeeperMovies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Bookclub5Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 7:58 pm

Mine are

Six Teen Candels
Stellet Licht (Silent Light) DON"T WATCH IT
The Wager
Forest Gump

And many more

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Jacobk10Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 8:16 pm

What? Sixteen candles and Forest Gump?! lol

Okay one of mine is ... Doctor Faustus

It stars Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor and this movie is so dumb... I actually didn't really watch it, but I fast fowarded my way through it. The music, the make up, the characters, it was so cheezy! I got a few good laughs out of it.... what where they thinking when they did this movie?!

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 9:12 pm

Dead Poets Society. This is the one movie I wanted to see that my hubby--at the time boyfriend--didn't want to go to. It has to be the worse movie I have ever seen.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 9:23 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Dead Poets Society. This is the one movie I wanted to see that my hubby--at the time boyfriend--didn't want to go to. It has to be the worse movie I have ever seen.

Is that the one Matt Damon & Ben Affleck wrote? Maybe I'm thinking of "Good Will Hunting." :think:

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... HummerMovies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... MistiKeeperMovies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Bookclub5Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 9:42 pm

Carol wrote:
What? Sixteen candles and Forest Gump?! lol

Okay one of mine is ... Doctor Faustus

It stars Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor and this movie is so dumb... I actually didn't really watch it, but I fast fowarded my way through it. The music, the make up, the characters, it was so cheezy! I got a few good laughs out of it.... what where they thinking when they did this movie?!

I Know Carol I Hear evreybody Talking How Great they are but i have seen both of them But they Stunk Sorry

Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Jacobk10Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Jacob210
Back to top Go down
susansmoose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
susansmoose

Number of posts : 154
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Xmassm5

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 11:18 pm

legends of the fall was one of the worst films i've seen...the soundtrack and cinematography are absolutely beautiful, but the plotline gets more ridiculous as it moves along...if you need to see brad pitt and anthony hopkins together see meet joe black...

that's only my opinion...lots of people loved this film...
Back to top Go down
http://welcome.to/susans-moose
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 11:21 pm

A River Runs Through It

:faint2: Three hours of fly fishing. That movie was so boring it made ME look interesting!

It could partly be, though, that I can't stand Brad Pitt.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 1:02 am

Misti wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:

Is that the one Matt Damon & Ben Affleck wrote? Maybe I'm thinking of "Good Will Hunting." :think:

I think that's Good Will Hunting. Dead Poets Society starred Robin Williams as an English professor at a private school. One of the main characters has an overbearing father who has plans for his son, but when the boy decides to pursue acting the father goes bullistic and the boy ends up killing himself. Robin Williams's character gets in trouble for his unorthodox teaching methods, but the boys stay committed to him; and when he is fired the boys make a display in the classroom. Honestly, the worst movie I have ever seen in my life.

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 1:56 am

bethandmanly wrote:
Misti wrote:
bethandmanly wrote:

I think that's Good Will Hunting. Dead Poets Society starred Robin Williams as an English professor at a private school. One of the main characters has an overbearing father who has plans for his son, but when the boy decides to pursue acting the father goes bullistic and the boy ends up killing himself. Robin Williams's character gets in trouble for his unorthodox teaching methods, but the boys stay committed to him; and when he is fired the boys make a display in the classroom. Honestly, the worst movie I have ever seen in my life.

O.K. I think that was one that starred Ethan Hawke.

One that my husband detests: the remake: "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." I admit it was stupid but seems the more I see it, it takes on a weird fascination for me! Totally weird acting by Depp, but it is so funny watching those kids get what's coming to them!

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 2:02 am

I've never read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but I did see the original Willie Wonka movie with Gene Hackman. Not knowing what the book contains, it seems odd to me that the new version added all this backstory for Willie Wonka--like how he meets the umpa lumpas.

They did the same thing when they remade How the Grinch Stole Christmas with Jim Carey and I never saw the point behind it.

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 2:50 am

bethandmanly wrote:
I've never read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but I did see the original Willie Wonka movie with Gene Hackman.

Was that the one with Gene Wilder...or before that?

Back to top Go down
susansmoose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
susansmoose

Number of posts : 154
Mood : Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... Xmassm5

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 8:33 am

Misti wrote:

Was that the one with Gene Wilder...or before that?

the original one was with gene wilder as willy wonka....the one with johnny depp was closer to the actual story written by roald dahl....the back story about his dad, his obsession with candy and the brace though, cheryl, were added...how he meets the oompa loompas and the songs that they sing were the same as the book
Back to top Go down
http://welcome.to/susans-moose
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on...   Movies you wish you wouldn't have wasted your time on... EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 1:12 pm

Oh my gosh, I love Dead Poets Society! Carpe Diem! lol