Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)

Go down 
+28
Davetucson
Shell
JW
Julia
Kamberley
Alice
Debbie
Honeybee
bethandmanly
Gin
J.v.Hunen
Lori
Krissy
alexczarn
Vanesa
Rob
Kristina
Rhonda
LIWnut
Misti
Farmer Girl
Savannah
Amy
Teresa
Carol
ChristinaAL
Kathleen Marie
Samantha
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 2 Love-s10

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 1:49 pm

Wow Savannah, that is just ridiculous. And a very sad comment on our society. No

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Farmer Girl
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Li'l Miss Milk Maid
Farmer Girl

Number of posts : 2578
Mood : call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 7:44 pm

Savannah wrote:
I'm not sure if this is where this should go or not.........But I have a question/comment about the news in general, so I'll put it here. I can't believe what is considered "News" now! I was looking through general headlines last night - not in an entertainment or social section, just general headlines. And one of the headlining "News" stories was about Sarah Palin's daughter breaking up with her boyfriend. Huh? And it was listed in higher ranking than the school shootings in Germany and the church shooting in Illinois. Good grief. Since when did teen gossip become newsworthy??

That's what I'd like to know!!! It's really bad on Yahoo. Its nothing but a bunch of gossip. I'm one of those people who could care less what anybody wore last night, how beautiful it was or how ugly it was. It's fine if you want to know about those things, just don't call it news! banghead

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 2 FGKeeper

~ Home is the nicest word there is ~

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 2 Little
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 12:37 pm

Well, I have some very sad news to report regarding an 8 year old girl who lived in northern CA, about 2 1/2 hours from where I live.

Story: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/04/06/BAR116U792.DTL

She went missing on 3/27 and her body has now been found. Blue
Here is video of her:

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 2:59 pm

That is so awesome...gives me goosebumps! There was a segment on the news recently on another SUV burning and a bunch of good samaritans jumping in, and they saved three children inside...it was on the Today show just a few days ago. When asked if he thought twice about helping, one of the rescuers said he's the father of three you children himself, he just knew he need to get them out. He said you just go into a different 'mode' altogether.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:47 am

Now this is some feel good news! A woman in our area gave all of her lotto winnings to her church!

http://www.wilx.com/news/headlines/53191907.html

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next