Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)

Go down 
+28
Davetucson
Shell
JW
Julia
Kamberley
Alice
Debbie
Honeybee
bethandmanly
Gin
J.v.Hunen
Lori
Krissy
alexczarn
Vanesa
Rob
Kristina
Rhonda
LIWnut
Misti
Farmer Girl
Savannah
Amy
Teresa
Carol
ChristinaAL
Kathleen Marie
Samantha
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Bokmal10

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:01 am

I'm happy there's a good new to know and spread Thumbsup . These last days, news are more than sad.... No

Vanesa.

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:42 pm

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 9:48 pm

so..sad

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:07 pm

Flood relief and the Arkansas National Guard......That would be my youngest, Josh facing the camera. He said it is on the front page.....There are 3 pictures and my Jake is in the second one!!! I'm SO proud!!! grinsmiley

188th Air National Guard

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Rhonda10call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Last edited by Rhonda on Sat May 14, 2011 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:13 pm

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 39447 call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 46567 What a great thing for them to be doing! And how wonderful that Josh made the front page, Rhonda. He really resembles you!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks Savannah....found out that Jake is in the second picture.....Got 'em BOTH in there!!! HeeHee

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Rhonda10call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:25 pm

Oh, wow!! That's great, Rhonda! I love seeing good deeds like that making front-page headlines!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Great pics! Josh could be the model for the National Guard recruitment poster. call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 70708
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Thanks Rob......When I first saw the picture, I thought it was BOTH of them in the same one....that would've been great......But, you are right, the look on his face is what you'd see on those posters.... batEyes

Arkansas Air National Guard Needs You!
call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 4dcda0f3bdd79.image

Join a Winning Team!call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 4dcda2069b79a.image

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Thumbsup

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptySun May 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptySun May 15, 2011 6:53 pm

Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:32 am

Hard to believe!!

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 10_1_13 vs call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 16_9_1

10-year-old vs. Gator

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptySat May 28, 2011 5:11 pm

OhMy

laugh3

Brave kid!

Back to top Go down
J.v.Hunen
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 1:44 am

great work from Josh and all the members of the National Gaurds!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:24 am

Rhonda wrote:
Hard to believe!!

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 10_1_13 vs call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 16_9_1

10-year-old vs. Gator

This looks like something your boys would have done Rhonda! Laughing Honestly, I feel kinda bad for the gator! Blue Glad he's ok too! Wink I'm trying to imagine this boy telling his children and grandchildren this story someday. OhMy Good thing he has newpaper articles and video footage! HeeHee

J.v.Hunen wrote:
great work from Josh and all the members of the National Gaurds!

Yes, I missed this somehow....what a great picture of Josh! Wonderful work!! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:03 am

Thanks all....I'm very PROUD of my boys and their duty to the USA....Jake is in Tennessee right now for 5 weeks of intensive training....he's supposed to return as a Sergeant! grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: They call him "Twenty-Four."   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 5:50 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/cuban-man-24-proud-4-extra-fingers-toes-202739807.html

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 0a1ee8912afefc13f60e6a706700778c

BARACOA, Cuba (AP) — They call him "Twenty-Four."

Yoandri Hernandez Garrido's nickname comes from the six perfectly formed fingers on each of his hands and the six impeccable toes on each foot.

Hernandez is proud of his extra digits and calls them a blessing, saying they set him apart and enable him to make a living by scrambling up palm trees to cut coconuts and posing for photographs in this eastern Cuban city popular with tourists. One traveler paid $10 for a picture with him, Hernandez said, a bonanza in a country with an average salary of just $20 a month.

"It's thanks to my 24 digits that I'm able to make a living, because I have no fixed job," Hernandez said.

Known as polydactyly, Hernandez's condition is relatively common, but it's rare for the extra digits to be so perfect. Anyone who glanced quickly at his hands would be hard-pressed to notice anything different unless they paused and started counting.

Hernandez said that as a boy he was visited by a prominent Cuban orthopedist who is also one of Fidel Castro's doctors, and he declared that in all his years of travel he had never seen such a case of well-formed polydactyly.

"He was very impressed when he saw my fingers," said Hernandez, who is the only one in his family to be born with extra digits.

In a part of the world where people's physical traits are often the basis for nicknames — even unflattering ones like "fatty" or "shorty" — "veinticuatro" ("twenty-four" in English) is not an insult but rather a term of endearment, and Hernandez, now 37, said his uniqueness has made him a popular guy. He has a 10-year-old son with a woman who now lives in Havana, and his current girlfriend is expecting his second child.

"Since I was young, I understood that it was a privilege to have 24 digits. Nobody has ever discriminated against me for that," he said. "On the contrary, people admire me and I am very proud. I have a million friends, I live well."

Nevertheless, it occasionally caused confusion growing up.

"One day when I was in primary school, a teacher asked me how much was five plus five?" Hernandez recalled. "I was very young, kind of shy, and I didn't say anything. She told me to count how many fingers I had, so I answered, "12!"

"The teacher was a little upset, but it was the truth," he said.

Hernandez said he hopes he can be an example to children with polydactyly that there's nothing wrong with them.

"I think it's what God commanded," he said. "They shouldn't feel bad about anything, because I think it's one of the greatest blessings and they'll be happy in life."

___

Associated Press writer Peter Orsi in Havana contributed to this report.

Yahoo News

Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:36 am

Rhonda wrote:
Thanks Rob......When I first saw the picture, I thought it was BOTH of them in the same one....that would've been great......But, you are right, the look on his face is what you'd see on those posters.... batEyes

Arkansas Air National Guard Needs You!
call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 4dcda0f3bdd79.image

Join a Winning Team!call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 4dcda2069b79a.image
Very cool,Rhonda!!!! :Memorial:

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Hummercall - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 MistiKeepercall - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Bookclub5call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: McDonald's: Stop Using Pork from Abused Pigs   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 12:40 pm

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 YMYCiwTfvBvKxzk-250

McDonald's wants you to "see what we're made of." Brace yourself.

The pork in your Egg McMuffin or McRib comes from pigs, of course. What you may not know is that those pigs are birthed by female "breeding" pigs who lead miserable lives, to put it mildly. They live in impossibly small enclosures called "gestation crates," in which the pigs can barely move. These dirty, restrictive enclosures frequently cause pigs to become covered in sores, open wounds, and infections.

It doesn't have to be that way: Burger King and Wendy's have completely phased out gestation crates from their pork supply. Now it's up to McDonald's to do the same.

McDonald's has the power to push its pork suppliers to eliminate gestation crates and improve the lives of female breeding pigs. Please add your name to the petition asking McDonald's CEO Jim Skinner to ensure McDonald's pork suppliers stop using gestation crates.

Petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/mcdonalds-stop-using-pork-from-abused-pigs

I don't think I'll be ordering any sausage Mcmuffins for a long while...
Greed is a horrible thing... Blue

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 3:32 pm

I signed it. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 3:58 pm

"This video is private." call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 988160
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 4:01 pm

Rob wrote:
"This video is private." call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 988160

call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 29545 When you click the petition link? Odd!

I signed it, too.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 4:09 pm

No, I signed the petition. But Amy posted a video after that, and I got the private message when I clicked on it. Did you delete the post, Amy, or did it disappear like some of the other ones?
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 4:13 pm

Psssst! Rob....it said "PRIVATE"..... call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 440956

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)   call - Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Harriet's Happenings (THE NEWS)
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next