Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melissa's Autobiography

Go down 
+26
Rob
LHOTPFan
Honeybee
Praire Girl
Shell
Ruth
littlehouselover
Davetucson
Savannah
charles ingalls
LIWnut
Krissy
Julia
Vanesa
MissOleson
Cetacea
jes9
JW
ChristinaAL
Kristina
Carol
Gin
Amy
bethandmanly
Robinsgirl
carolineingalls
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Happy010

dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:06 pm

Hmmm... I gotta say Amy, I'm tempted to get this book from the library again just to read that final chapter. I actually did not finish the book, sorry to say Blue

I don't know... some of the stuff I was reading... I really DIDN'T need to know lol Mostly about the troubles in her relationships, etc... Like the lady in your review said Amy... I would see the book but didn't feel tempted to pick it up. I was stressed already from work so reading about relationship/drug troubles is not something I wanted to do.

Because the title says a "Prairie Tale" I was expecting to read more about behind the scenes of LHOTP and of her relationships and adventures she had with her co-workers and guest stars... I'm sure there were thousands! I wish she would have concentrated more on that. It would have been a lot more interesting to read.

dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Carol wrote:
Hmmm... I gotta say Amy, I'm tempted to get this book from the library again just to read that final chapter. I actually did not finish the book, sorry to say Blue

It's actually not the final chapter, but the end of chapter 13, somewhere in the middle....it's just very beautiful how she describes how the cast banded together during that, and something very special about her and Michael Landon that I never knew. I don't want to ruin it for you or anyone else...it's worth reading it. Thumbsup

Carol wrote:
I don't know... some of the stuff I was reading... I really DIDN'T need to know lol.

Yeah...it's like I thought I wanted to know it, but somehow knowing it (even though it was in her past) has deeply affected me. I probably wouldn't have cared much if it was Alison or Melissa Sue, to be honest with you. It's because I've always thought so differently/highly of MG I guess, and whether she likes it or not, she will always be "Laura" to a lot of us. Like that reviewer said, she was kind of disappointed that Laura's values didn't 'rub off' a little on MG. I just found it all very shocking, because I never read any of the things that she did, back in the day. I mean, I've known about Todd Bridges and other child stars forever. Obviously the media was good to her!

Carol wrote:
Because the title says a "Prairie Tale" I was expecting to read more about behind the scenes of LHOTP and of her relationships and adventures she had with her co-workers and guest stars... I'm sure there were thousands! I wish she would have concentrated more on that. It would have been a lot more interesting to read.

Exactly. I know it was a 'memoir', but I think there was far too much focus on the drug use/brat pack/her relationship with Rob Lowe, and I thought the stuff about SAG was pretty boring. I really think, considering she is supposedly 'happily married' now, there should have been a bit more focus on Bruce and their kids. I don't feel like I learned much about him/them at all. But yeah, I would have liked a LOT more inside information on the cast/behind the scenes of the show too. yes
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:50 pm

Amy wrote:
Also, I wish she would have elaborated on some other relationships in the show she may have formed, like with Matthew L. or Pat? And there was hardly anything about Victor French or Karen Grassle either....I mean, like it or lump it, she has to know that most of the people picking this book up are fans of the show, and we mostly would like to hear about the show/cast itself. And, I would think that she would have included at least something redeeming about Melissa Sue and Dean Butler. All she said is that she and Dean are friends today, but gosh, the way she wrote about both him and Melissa Sue, you would have thought they were just absolutely awful to her, and I honestly have a hard time believing that. I DID however, LOVE what she shared about the Final Farewell. That was so moving that I CRIED. It was the best part of the entire book, and for that reason alone, I am glad I picked it up. If any of you who haven't read it and are out at a Barnes & Noble or someplace and want to read that part, it's at the tail end of chapter 13. Thumbsup

I love that part too! And I also agree, it would've been nice to read at least a little bit on her relationships with other cast members.

dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 ChristinaKeeper2 dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:04 am

I think I wouldn't buy the book, since the info I would want to have , is about Melissa's relationship with other members of the cast. I can hardly believe that she didn't wrote very much about Victor French, the Labyorteaux brothers or the sweet Karen Grassle. scratchead

Vanesa.

dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:06 am

I saw it at Barnes & Noble, I skimmed thru it and was a little dissapointed at some of the language she used...:/ But I might still have bought it if I had the money.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 2:20 pm

Looks like Melissa Gilbert may be writing another book

dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 MTweet

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:14 pm

I don't know that I would buy another one by her.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:49 pm

I only wish it is not about her current problems with her husband. I don't think I want to read that kind of stuff. scratchead

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:56 pm

The style of the last one turned me off. I'm not sure what she'll be writing about this time, thought it seems LHOP related. I just can't say I'll want to plunk down money for it.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:01 am

I Still haven't read the first one Huh? I want to but i am so busy i don't have any time to read

dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Jacobk10dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 10:26 am

Well I hope you're prepared Jacob, because the language in that thing is some nasty stuff.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 4:52 pm

wow!..another book?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 10:35 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
The style of the last one turned me off. I'm not sure what she'll be writing about this time, thought it seems LHOP related. I just can't say I'll want to plunk down money for it.

It'd be nice if it was more LH related...the last book seemed to cover so much of her life besides LH. Like Vanesa said, I hope it's not mostly about her problems with her husband...if that was the case I don't think I'd buy it either, life is stressful enough without paying money to read about someone's troubles.

dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 ChristinaKeeper2 dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:10 am

I'm holding out for Karen Grassle's book....hers is the one I really want to read. Now there is a woman with some serious class. dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 70708
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:13 am

Amy wrote:
I'm holding out for Karen Grassle's book....hers is the one I really want to read. Now there is a woman with some serious class. dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 70708

Yes, Amy! I share your opinion entirely! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:17 am

dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 93651
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:52 pm

Me too. Any idea of when it is coming out?

dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 MarilynKeeper dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 7:05 pm

If she's just beginning to get things together, I would say it will be a while.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:41 pm

Oh wow! Didn't know she was doing one. Really interested in it! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 9:34 am

Ya I hadn't heard Karen was doing one. That would be awesome....gotta go clear a spot for it!

dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 6:12 pm

wow..that be awesome to read

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009

PostSubject: melissa gilbert   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 10:12 pm

i follow her on twitter.. she posted about writing a book called Melissa Gilbert's Prairie Memories. got a little house question FAQ4halfpint@aol.com

dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
Cetacea
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 24
Mood : dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:01 am

I need to ask you, if I understood you right. So are there going to be two Books, a second from Melissa and one from Karen? Woow that would be soooo great! At least if Melissa is writing more about LHOTP and the musical.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:11 am

Yes, that's right. dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 811339

I haven't read Melissa Gilbert's currently published book, and don't have any inclination to, but I'll probably read Karen's when it comes out. I haven't decided about Melissa's yet-to-be-published book yet.
Back to top Go down
Cetacea
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 24
Mood : dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:17 am

Thanks for confirming it.

I was checking it with Mr. Google, so I found Melissas confirmations. On Melissas Homepage and it sounds like she is writting a book on her Little House time. She even asked her fans to send in questions, which maybe will be used in the book. If its only about the show then I will pick it about without a doubt.

I have her first book and I didn't find it bad. I didn't need to know all the infos about her relationships with all those guys but I wasn't that offended by her language use. Much likely because I am young and used to this kind of language.

I haven't seen Karen confirming it, but I trust your word. I am very interested to read Karens book, especially after reading some stuff about her and Michaels working relationship in Melissa Andersons book. But I probably would buy every book ever released by one of the main LHOTP cast members.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melissa's Autobiography   dean - Melissa's Autobiography - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Melissa's Autobiography
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next