Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which character would you have like to have returned?

Go down 
+2
Teresa
bethandmanly
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Which character would you have like to have returned? Empty
PostSubject: Which character would you have like to have returned?   Which character would you have like to have returned? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 1:07 am

I've noticed that some characters would appear in one episode and then we'd never see them again. I was wondering which character people would've liked to have made a return appearance:
Olga (the one with the limp)
Anna (Laura's friend who stuttered)
Elmer Dobkins
Roy Collins, Jr. (from "Soldier's Return")
Caleb Hodgekiss
Albert's friend Simon (from "The Family Tree")

or any others I've left out.

I personally would've liked to have seen Roy, Jr. in more than one scene. He seemed interesting.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Which character would you have like to have returned? Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you have like to have returned?   Which character would you have like to have returned? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 10:17 am

I wanted to see Lem McCary come back. They elected the guy mayor and then we never saw him again.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Which character would you have like to have returned? Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you have like to have returned?   Which character would you have like to have returned? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:10 am

I liked Jimmy. He was the first boy who kissed Laura. I would have liked to have seen him in more episodes.

Which character would you have like to have returned? TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you have like to have returned?   Which character would you have like to have returned? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:24 pm

Teresa wrote:
I liked Jimmy. He was the first boy who kissed Laura. I would have liked to have seen him in more episodes.

Me too

Which character would you have like to have returned? Horses10
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Which character would you have like to have returned? Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you have like to have returned?   Which character would you have like to have returned? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 3:28 pm

Billy Barty! I loved him, and would have liked to see him raise his daughter there. As an actor he was awesome.

Which character would you have like to have returned? Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you have like to have returned?   Which character would you have like to have returned? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 3:34 pm

Carol wrote:
Teresa wrote:

Me too

Oh, I think I used Jimmy Hill in a fan fic once. I'll have to find it.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you have like to have returned?   Which character would you have like to have returned? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 3:42 pm

Gin, who was Billy Barty again? I'm drawing a blank................

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you have like to have returned?   Which character would you have like to have returned? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 4:30 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Carol wrote:
Teresa wrote:

Me too

Oh, I think I used Jimmy Hill in a fan fic once. I'll have to find it.

Cool! Thumbsup

Which character would you have like to have returned? Horses10
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you have like to have returned?   Which character would you have like to have returned? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:47 pm

Ohhhhh, Billy Barty played the character of "Lou." I just looked him up. I was thinking that there was a character named Billy Barty. LOL!! I always liked him, too.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Which character would you have like to have returned? Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you have like to have returned?   Which character would you have like to have returned? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 11:12 pm

Yep, Little Lou....as he called himself. He was such a special "little" person.

Which character would you have like to have returned? Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you have like to have returned?   Which character would you have like to have returned? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 12:49 am

Teresa wrote:
Ohhhhh, Billy Barty played the character of "Lou." I just looked him up. I was thinking that there was a character named Billy Barty. LOL!! I always liked him, too.

He also played one of the clowns in the episode "Annabelle", where the circus comes to town and Nels's sister Annabelle is the fat lady. I love this episode--also wrote a fan fic around it--because Almanzo gets a kiss from a long-nosed clown.

Back to top Go down
Samantha
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Samantha

Number of posts : 199
Mood : Which character would you have like to have returned? Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you have like to have returned?   Which character would you have like to have returned? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 4:01 am

Reverend Alden's wife (can't remember her name)....they spent a whole episode on her and we never saw her again!

Which character would you have like to have returned? SamanthaKeeper

"Music is a Kind and Truthful Speech"
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you have like to have returned?   Which character would you have like to have returned? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 10:47 am

Samantha wrote:
Reverend Alden's wife (can't remember her name)....they spent a whole episode on her and we never saw her again!

That's Anna Craig. I wish we had seen more of her too. There is a reference to her in another episode, the one where all the women in town move into Nellie's hotel in order to get their husbands to sign the state petition requesting that women get the right to vote.

There was some talk that the actress who played Anna Craig passed away soon after the episode was shot, but according to the IMDB, she didn't pass away until almost 2 1/2 years later, so I don't know why we never saw Anna again.

Coincidentally, I also wrote a fan fic surrounding this episode too. Gee, I'm on a roll! greenS

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you have like to have returned?   Which character would you have like to have returned? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 2:34 am

Also I would've like to have seen that girl who cut her hair in "Little Women".

Last edited by whitelighter491 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you have like to have returned?   Which character would you have like to have returned? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 10:04 am

Tinker Jones and Amos Pike come to mind. BTW, where do all these "one and done" characters disappear to? They never show up at church or at the mercantile again, and their kids never show up at school again. It's almost like there was some black hole hovering over Walnut Grove at the time sucking all these people up into an alternate universe. Take Tinker Jones, for example. Reverend Alden greeted him at the door of the church, saying something like, "Always good to see you, Tinker. You never miss a service." Well, he must have been hiding somewhere during all the other services we saw at the Walnut Grove church, or maybe once he made the bell he decided not to come back.

Which character would you have like to have returned? JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which character would you have like to have returned?   Which character would you have like to have returned? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which character would you have like to have returned?
Page 1 of 1