Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9

Go down 
+4
Amy
Teresa
Rob
Carol
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 Love-s10

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Rob wrote:
Did you hear that P. Diddy wants Simon's job? But... he won't take it unless he gets Simon's salary of $36 million per year.

P.Diddy?!?! There sure are some random people coming out of the woodwork for this job! scratchead

And whoa, does Simon really make that much??? thud I honestly had no idea!! But P.Diddy has to realize, there's a reason Simon is commanding the big bucks-----he's one of a kind!!

By the way, is it just me, or has Simon been exceptionally nicer this season? I wonder what's up with that?! scratchead (For example, he tends to make negative remarks about the physical appearance of contestants a lot, but this season he hasn't done a whole lot of that. It's just what I've come to expect from him! Not that I'm complaining! No ).
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:20 pm

I hadn't noticed that about Simon's remarks, but you're absolutely right.

About Simon's salary, this is from the New York Post last year:

EARLY salary figures from Simon Cowell's "American Idol" contract negotiations are leaking out and they're eye-popping. Cowell, who reportedly made $36 million last year for judging the hit competition show, has been offered three or four times that amount -- between $100 million and $144 million per year -- by co-producers Fox and 19 Entertainment to stick with "Idol" when his contract expires next May, according to The Guardian, a London newpaper.

~~~

And he turned that down. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 279394 Ah well, I'm sure he had his reasons. As the basketball player Latrell Sprewell said when he turned down a three year $21 million contract, "I have a family to feed."
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:35 pm

Jeepers!!!!!!!!!!

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:59 pm

well, I'm happy with the top 2, but the problem is, I like both of them, so I'd like to see both of them win!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 10:49 pm

Rob wrote:
Cowell, who reportedly made $36 million last year for judging the hit competition show, has been offered three or four times that amount -- between $100 million and $144 million per year

THAT.....IS....Staggering. thud But hey, you only go around once---he obviously is so done with this. Plus, I assume he figures his new "X Factor" show (if that is still in the works?) is going to be a hit.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:13 pm

Unless you're P. Diddy, I suppose there comes a time when it's no longer about money. You can only buy so many houses and cars, y'know?

Far as I know, X-Factor is still in the works. Not sure if it's going to happen this year or in 2011.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:13 am

Rob wrote:
Unless you're P. Diddy, I suppose there comes a time when it's no longer about money. You can only buy so many houses and cars, y'know?

LOL, yeah P. Diddy still needs to buy some more gold chains. HeeHee I respect that Simon wants to move on to do other projects---I can't see anything he does from here on out 'failing'. I don't know though, with 144 million dollars, Simon could practically save Haiti single handedly! Yikes Wink
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:04 pm

Really! When you're dealing with that much money, it seems like the only joy it could bring you is if you give it to other people.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:01 pm

LOL, is anyone still watching? Tonight is the finale! Heading to my parents' now to watch it over there. You know, I hate to say it, but Crystal really killed Lee last night. He seemed SO nervous. scared She is totally ready and raring to go as "the Idol". BUT, I still want Lee, LOL. I gave him my votes, and based that on all the other performances of him I love in the past. Somehow I have a feeling that Crystal is going to win tonight though, and honestly, I will be thrilled for either one! I really like both of them! yes
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:16 pm

Crystal killed it! Cheer

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:31 pm

I'm watching! Rooting for Bowersox! "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 39447
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:04 pm

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 184143 "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 184143 "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 184143 "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 184143 "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 184143 "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 184143 "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 184143 "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 184143 "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 184143 "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 184143 "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 184143 "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 184143
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:51 pm

Yeah, Rob, I am pretty shocked too!! OhMy I have to say, Crystal did deserve it....she has the stage presence over Lee---she is so comfortable up there, and 'looks' like the Idol. Lee has had a rough couple of nights I think. But, that said, I was very happy for Lee....he is a good guy with a great personality and I think that's what spoke to people. It counts for a lot in this competition.

Loved seeing the Bee Gees tonight, but so sad to see them without Maurice. Blue "How Deep is your Love" is not one of my faves though; I wish they'd picked a different one to sing. Oh, Hall and Oates was good too. Other than them, I wasn't impressed with any of the 'old' singers. Chicago was pretty good though. I thought the tribute to Simon was great and I loved the song with all the past Idols and contestants----they sounded great. Carrie Underwood rocked it tonight---as usual! She's always the best! And I almost didn't recognize Kelly Clarkson!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:15 pm

Aw, I've always loved "How Deep is Your Love." Just a sentimental fool. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 6472

I also didn't recognize Kelly. It was only as the other winners appeared that I did a mental backtrack and realized who she was. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 68167

I was hoping for a Lynche-Bowersox final, with Bowersox as the winner. But I'm happy for Lee... I guess. Though I've never quite "gotten" him.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:47 am

Did you hear that it was only a 2 percent gap?!?! Whoa. Also, Ryan didn't mention the number of votes, and he usually does. I am guessing it is WAY down, and that wouldn't surprise me. Not the best season, that's for sure.

I would have been fine with Big Mike in the finals too....I loved the guy! I think Crystal will surprise everyone with how well she does....it's kind of like Kris and Adam last year---it's Adam that you hear on the radio, not Kris. I do think Lee will do OK, but I think Ellen was right that Crystal's voice is unique from the current female artists out there. After hearing a few of her studio versions, I think she'll sell very well.

Teresa, I was bummed that David Cook wasn't on! It says in this article that he had a prior charity commitment. Gotta respect him for that. yes

Here's an article on the results:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100527/ap_on_en_tv/us_tv_american_idol_finale_31
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:52 am

I was bummed that David Cook wasn't there as well, Amy. I went to one of his fan sites to see if it said anything, and he was at a cancer charity event in Kansas City.

I'm really happy for Lee. I think this has been my last season for Idol. I may tune into the finale next season, but without Simon, it's just not "Idol." I loved seeing Paula. She cracks me up! You could tell that Simon was really happy to see her as well.

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Even though Lee won, Crystal will do better I think... there is just no one out there that sounds/looks like Crystal... and Lee... there are many that do already. But all in all, I'm happy for Lee, he seems like a real nice guy.

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 Groundpantsmiley

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Oh my gosh Carol---love the emoticon! Laughing

We were all impressed that Paula spoke so coherently last night! I think she only stuttered once. My dad said, "Wow, I think she's off the drugs!" Whistle Wink

And Carol, I know what you're saying....Crystal will do just fine and possibly better. With only a 2% gap in the voting, she certainly has her fans too.

Teresa, it will all depend on who they hire, if I stick with this. Seriously, if they hire Howard Stern, I'm OUT. Yikes I'm hoping for Harry Connick Jr.....of course nothing will be the same without Simon, but I'll still give it a shot for awhile and see if I can put up with whomever comes next. yes
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:18 pm

congrats to Lee! yesss and Crystal, too. I liked both of them, so I'm happy with the results Smile
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:15 pm

Wow, I just found out that Crystal's boyfriend broke up with her on Tuesday, the day of her final performance!! thud What a jerk! Yikes I'm even more impressed that she was not only able to hold it together that night, but did SO well----I mean, this is the guy she wanted to marry! OhMy
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:06 am

What?!! Wow...

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 6:34 am

Here's what Crystal said about it:

"Tony, he went home. He wasn't cool with the lifestyle. We're both logical, grown adults," she said, adding that Kusian is a "small-town guy, and it's fine. ... I didn't think he was up for it. He didn't think he was up for it."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:20 am

Well, that's all fine and dandy, but he should have waited until things settled down for bit. She seems like a good person---she'll find someone, and hopefully it won't be someone after her money. That has to be the hardest part about becoming famous and suddenly rich overnight.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:57 am

I suppose if it's any consolation to her, it proves that Tony wasn't after her money.

But yeah, it must be hard for celebrities, not knowing if the people around you like you, or just your money and status. That's why I've gone out of my way to avoid becoming rich and famous. So far so good. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 185146
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 11:01 am

Rob wrote:
I suppose if it's any consolation to her, it proves that Tony wasn't after her money.

But yeah, it must be hard for celebrities, not knowing if the people around you like you, or just your money and status. That's why I've gone out of my way to avoid becoming rich and famous. So far so good. "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 185146

LOL Rob! And yeah, I was thinking the same thing about Tony. yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9   "AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9 - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

"AMERICAN IDOL" - Season 9
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10