Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

job issues

Go down 
+7
Amy
pamh36
Lori
Savannah
bethandmanly
Rhonda
ChristinaAL
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

job issues Empty
PostSubject: job issues   job issues EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:28 am

2010 has been a little rocky for me employment wise. In December of last year, our department was told the company was downsizing and someone was going to lose their job. Instead of being totally unemployed, a position at a sister organization was offered. I was asked to take it and told that if I didn't, I couldn't stay at my old job. So, feeling forced into it, on Feb 1, I started at my *new* job, which was a management position. The job offered a little more money, and a lot more responsibility - not just running the IT department, but being the department - doing all IT functions, dealing with all clients. And to add to it, my predecessor wasn't organized so I had to try to figure out the job as I went. After a week of anxiety attacks (which I've never experienced before ever), sleeplessness, upset stomachs and plain dread of going to work in the morning, I told them I didn't want the job - given how I was feeling, I rathered face trying to find a new job than stick with the management one. I agreed to stay in the position until a replacement was found - I didn't feel that walking away was the right thing to do, despite my feelings on being there. So, they found someone new who was supposed to be starting tomorrow and I was going to train him for 2 weeks, then go back to my old company, (not to my old job but a different one they found). Then today, the replacement essentially quit before even starting. So I'm feeling somewhat desperate again. Knowing that I was leaving the job soon is what got me through the past few weeks there and now I don't have an end in sight anymore. Blue

I know this isn't so much, and that so many are having employment troubles of their own in this crazy economy, but if you could keep me and my situation in your prayers I'd really appreciate it. Knowing I have my prairie pals on my side always is very comforting. Sorry for rambling besides Blue

job issues ChristinaKeeper2 job issues 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : job issues Purple2

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:49 am

Prayers for a good outcome Christina....I too am looking for employment and hope something comes along that I can handle without the stress and anxiety. Hang in there..... job issues 629518

job issues Rhonda10job issues Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!

Last edited by Rhonda on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : job issues Bokmal10

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:26 am

Aw, that stinks Christina. Job stress does all sorts of bad to stuff to you, as you know. I'll certainly be praying that things work out for you.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
job issues Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : job issues Happy010

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:43 am

{{{Christina}}} I sure am sorry to hear that, Christina. I hope that things improve for you. I'll be praying that your job situation improves - whether through a job change, or a change in your current job's atmosphere, or what.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:22 am

I'll be praying for you.

job issues Lorike10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:36 am

It sounds like an extremely stressful situation, Christina. I do hope something changes for you soon. You're in my prayers.

job issues PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 12:55 am

Thanks, ladies. I appreciate your prayers and thoughts very much. They are telling me now that I can return to my old office doing a different job, but I need to stick it out til they find someone to take my current job. It's so crazy, with the way it is out there now I never thought I'd be trying to get rid of a job scared I feel bad because I know so many are looking for work, I'm being ungrateful for a job at all but it just isn't working for me. They are interviewing new people so hopefully I can get out of there soon and move onto my new job. I'm thankful for so many wonderful people around me (like you guys!) to get me through.

Rhonda, I'll be praying for you too! Good luck in your job search, I know how time consuming and frustrating it can be Blue

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 10:56 am

Don't feel bad, Christina. If the job is causing you a great deal of stress, it isn't a situation you should stay in. Look at it as opening up a door for somebody else.

job issues PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : job issues Love-s10

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:42 am

I'm with Pam. Thumbsup That job sounds just ridiculous----they don't even have the pay to back it up! I don't know....I think a two week notice is all you needed to give. If you really want to stay in your old office job though, I guess you have to stick it out. I hope something else comes along for you Christina....I'll be praying for you too.

We have major issues ourselves right now....my hubby lost his salaried, decent paying job almost a year ago, and works full time for Best Buy now (it was his second job for 5 years). He is well respected in the company, but so far they've been jerking him around and are not moving him up. If he doesn't get moved up soon, we may both have to get second jobs. We just can't pay the bills on the measley income he's earning now, and my daycare income. For the first time in our lives, I'm actually scared that we could lose our home. It totally sucks. No So, I guess I'm asking if you and any others who might be reading this can also keep us in your prayers, I'd appreciate it.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 12:16 pm

I'll pray for you too, Amy.

job issues Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:05 pm

Thank you Lori. Smile

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
job issues Princesrank
Savannah

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 2:43 pm

{{{Amy}}} I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with all of that, Amy. You and your husband will be in my prayers. The economy is certainly making things difficult for a lot of people right now.
Back to top Go down
highwayangel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 26
Mood : job issues Innoce10

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Jesus said don't be anxious for tomorrow, let the days troubles be sufficient for the day. That is for all of us. It keeps us from being overwrought with stress.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:08 pm

Amy, I'll be praying for your family too. grouphug

Also, thank you for the positive thoughts, Pam, on how my leaving is opening the door for someone else...I hadn't thought of it that way but that makes me feel a lot better about leaving.

I know what you're saying about the 2 weeks notice too Amy, I've been there for a monthy since I gave my 2 weeks notice Blue It's so frustrating b/c I want to just leave...but with going back to my old office I'm not sure it would work out. Plus, whenever I mention not wanting to get involved with new projects because I'm leaving, my new boss says he'll just "have to" call my old boss to deal with it, and I don't want my old boss to have to have to deal with extra work, he's been awesome to me and I feel horrible if extra work gets put on him. I'm just so stuck, and have been dreading the start of the week since this morning Blue Trying to take it one day at a time, like the quote you posted, highwayangel, about letting tpday's troubles be enough for the day - isn't that the truth! I wish I started thinking about that about a month ago.

Thank you all again for your prayers, I really do appreciate it!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:22 am

Thanks so much Savannah and Christina. I really appreciate it. yes And I agree with you highwayangel---I'm a positive and grateful person, and I am doing my best to try to keep the stress at bay and trust in God. I trust there's a plan, it's just a difficult time.

Christina, it really sounds like you're between a rock and a hard place, huh? I hope and pray this all works out for the best.

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:40 pm

Thank you guys for the prayers - I know they are working, today was the first day I trained my replacement. I have told the office my last day will be next Wed (April 14th), and I am going to try to stick with that and get out of this place. The new guys seems very knowledgeable and confident, and like he's a good addition to the company. I'm hoping this works out (and that the next week goes quickly!) Thanks again for being here for me, I appreciate you all so much grouphug

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:56 pm

That's wonderful news, Christina! Please keep us posted. You will continue to be in my prayers. When will you be able to start your new position?

job issues TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : job issues Bokmal10

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:01 am

Great news, Christina. Good luck with your new job.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 9:24 am

That's great, Christina.

job issues Lorike10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:09 am

That is wonderful news, Christina!!

job issues PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
job issues Princesrank
Savannah

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:08 pm

I'll be praying, Christina. I hope all goes well for you. {{{Christina}}}
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 10:52 pm

That's wonderful Christina! I hope this all works out for you....keep us posted! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 10:51 pm

I'M FREE!! yesss Today ended up being my last day, I stuck around 2 extra days only for the new guy because I know how it feels to be thrown into a situation where you've only trained a few days and are expected to keep up. Mixed feelings today - feeling a little bit like a failure for not being able to do this. It would've been the next *logical* step in my career I've been told, and I found out that I don't want to take that step (at least not in this particular direction!) And I started thinking about my last day at my old job, which was a little sad. I'm a little nervous to start back there in a new position - I hope I can do this! (Not being able to do this last job is definitely in the back of my mind). But most of all, I feel relieved for not having to deal with this stress anymore. Thanks again for the prayers and thoughts, I know they are what carried me through this.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 10:34 am

Christina, that's awesome!! Thumbsup I'm sure you're going to be so much happier. yes
Back to top Go down
Coach Jon
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Coach Jon

Number of posts : 465
Location : The Harriet Oleson Institute for the Advancement of Blind Children

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 7:13 pm

Don't worry about the feelings of "failure" because they'll vanish. Everyone belongs somewhere but nobody belongs everywhere. Sounds to me like you've made a positive change so I wish you the best! I imagine when you look back on that last day a year or so from now... it won't be a "mixed feeling" anymore at all. Good luck with your new position!

job issues NelliesRestaurantAdvertisement
"Only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

job issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: job issues   job issues Empty

Back to top Go down

job issues
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next