Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel

Go down 
+9
Rhonda
Misti
Rob
Savannah
bethandmanly
Kristina
pamh36
Amy
Gin
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 Love-s10

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:36 am

Wow, that really does not sound good. I'm continuing to pray.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:14 pm

I am continuing to pray. Thanks for the updates.

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:06 pm

continuing to keep Jamie in my thoughts. thank you for all of the updates, Gin
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:01 am

Day 15~

CT of the liver looked fine. Gall bladder and colon looked fine as well. Liver enzymes and jaundice appears to be due to all of meds that Jamie has received especially the IV nutrition. The IV nutrition has to be continued until she starts having bowel sounds.
She still has a temp, but no tylenol is going to be given because its not bringng her temp down anyway. Checking cultures again tomorrow afternoon to see if they can find the source of infection. Neurosurgery is wanting to address the cyst w/ draining or placing the shunt but we have to wait til the jaudice goes away.

Hate to be funny here...but surely there is a "House" somewhere that can figure all this out. I really think because they mentioned that her body was so trumatized, that is the source of the fever....but yet they are still looking for something somewhere.
I think with healing this will ALL get better, so maybe that should be out biggest line of prayer now.

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Day 16~

Jamie's mom writes: HOLD ON TO YER HAT!

Doctors have big plans for Jamie in the next 24-48 hours. Temp is down!! 98.6
SO--they are taking her off the vent without placing a trach!!!
Increase tube feedings to normal rate since bowels are moving!!
Removing lines for hyperal and lipids because she doesn't need them anymore.
Liver enzymes continue to improve!!
She will have her right leg placed in a cast.
Another CT scan to check on cyst/ ventricles.

This young'un is tough, lets pray she can continue to breath on her own, and temp stays down so doctors can move forward with what they have to do . Cheer

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 3:09 pm

Fantastic news, Gin!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Wonderful news, Gin. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:27 pm

That's awesome!! I'm so glad that Jamie is continuing to improve.

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:44 pm

Tomorrow 5/23/10 Jamie's vent will be removed. Doctors are planning this at 12:30 CT. Pray hard that she is able to breath on her own.
She is doing well today.

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:52 am

I'm glad to hear the good news!! I'm continuing to pray and hoping she is able to breathe on her own when they remove the vent today.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptySun May 23, 2010 10:28 am

Lots of great news----thanks for the update! Today is a big day....will be praying that she'll be able to breathe on her own.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptySun May 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Doctor came by and asked Jamie if she was ready to get the vent out and she nodded! So as of 12:45 the vent has been out and she is breathing on her own!
Her breathing is quick and they have put her on 100% oxygen, but she is doing it.
She has jumped a huge hurdle, and continues to respond when asked certain things. She is becoming more aware and hopefully will be back fully soon.

Thanks again for all the prayers.....lets keep praying that the vent is history.

Last edited by Gin on Mon May 24, 2010 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptySun May 23, 2010 4:42 pm

This is so wonderful. Thanks for sharing. We'll keep praying for her recovery.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 8:08 am

Things are still good with Jamie this morning. She is squeezing Bonnie's (she is the nanny) hand alot. Jamie seems bothered by her cast that is on her leg, noticing the difference I guess. She seems week on her right side, not alot of movement right now.
Nothing was posted about fever so I think all is good with that.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 8:38 am

Great news, Gin! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:27 pm

Jamie still is having some fever, although I'm not sure how high it is.
Tomorrow her right leg is going to be put in a cast. She is opening her eyes when someone talks to her but is so groggy probably not understanding much. Things seem slow, but she is still breathing well and her heart rate is good.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:35 pm

That's great news, Gin! Jamie is a fighter. I'm glad that she is continuing to breathe on her own.

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 7:07 pm

I appreciate the updates, Gin. I agree with Teresa, Jamie certainly is a fighter. I am continuing to keep her in my prayers.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:55 am

Jamie's surgery is around 1 today. Need prayers that she will be able to again be taking off the vent after surgery. She is opening her eyes more and nodding when asked anything. She will also squeeze Mom's hand when asked to. She is weak, so pray her strength will come back soon. Thanks....

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:12 pm

First off Jamie's Mom gave her a pen yesterday and asked her if she could spell her name. Jamie wrote: J-me.
That is how she would write it sometimes. What a great sign huh?

Surgery went well. She is off the vent again and doing great. No temp so far tonight. They are moving her to another room tomorrow and she will be with a nurse that will have one other patient. I believe this means she is moving in a positive direction.

One of her Doctors told her nanny that when she was first brought in no one on staff expected her to live. She has without a doubt been a miracle....and that is the power of prayer!

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:01 am

That does sound like a positive sign, Gin, that she was able to write her name. It certainly sounds like things are moving in the right direction.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:52 pm

How wonderful Gin. With stories like these, I honestly can't see how people can deny God's hand in our lives. Thanks for the great news.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:46 pm

Jamie had a rough night with pain. She is very restless, and no wonder with two casts now. Lets all pray she can rest and dream sweetly tonight.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Jamie is still dealing with pain, some will just have to be there til she heals more though. They will be moving her to rehab today. Lets hope and pray that this will really help her move forward too. Fever is there but not extreme so hopefully with time it will be gone.
She has pressure point on the back of her head from having to keep her head so still. They are checking for infection today.

I may ask if I can get a photo of Jamie emailed to me. She is a very pretty young lady.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:27 pm

Yes, I'd love to see a picture of Jamie. Glad to hear there are some good signs, but sorry to hear she's in pain. I am praying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel   URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

URGENT-Prayers for Jamie Rundel
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next