Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BACK TO SCHOOL PT. 2

Go down 
+6
Vanesa
amyk
Krissy
bethandmanly
easyt72000
Joe
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : BACK TO SCHOOL PT. 2 - Page 2 Headac10

BACK TO SCHOOL PT. 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BACK TO SCHOOL PT. 2   BACK TO SCHOOL PT. 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2021 11:24 am

amyk wrote:
I watched this part 2 tonight, and it seems my previous posted thoughts about it may have changed some. I do like seeing Laura dealing with her emotions, but I do think she was in the wrong in many ways, as others have pointed out. I didn't see part 1 this time around, but I do know that she put the pepper or whatever into the chicken. So that right there was wrong for her to do. It actually all backfired on her anyway since Almanzo found out she did it. As was pointed out, she lied in her apology to Almanzo as well. And why she trusted what Nellie said about there being no history on the exam was pretty foolish. It was a somewhat mean trick for Nellie to play on Laura, but if Laura was that naive to believe Nellie about it, I think that proves that Laura is not mature enough yet to be a teacher anyway.

And for Laura to push Nellie into the pond like that (although it's a great fight scene) was also showing how immature she yet is at this point.

For Almanzo to take her to his house alone with him and have her wearing his robe also seems a bit foolish for him.....wouldn't Eliza Jane have some suitable clothing in the house that Laura could have put on???

Despite all these things, I do still like this episode! But mainly because it marks the beginning of the Laura/Almanzo story arc which will culminate in their eventual marriage.

I agree, Laura didn't seem mature enough to be a teacher or married. She just annoyed me in this episode. She tired to hard to be grown up

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

BACK TO SCHOOL PT. 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BACK TO SCHOOL PT. 2   BACK TO SCHOOL PT. 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2021 3:03 pm

I think it was probably pretty hard back then because I don't think they really had the "young adult" phase like we have nowadays. It seemed like you were kind of expected to go from being a child to a woman overnight. So Laura may have been trying to navigate all of that without really having the opportunity to just gradually move into becoming a woman. But yes, I do think she acts immature in this episode and that it is actually good that she failed the teacher exam so she had more time to mature.
Back to top Go down

BACK TO SCHOOL PT. 2
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2