Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Many prayers needed

Go down 
+19
LM
Lori
Melissa
pamh36
Teresa
Carol
ChristinaAL
brenda_m
HarrisonCrosby4387
LIWnut
bethandmanly
rana
Amy
Rob
LHDaisy
Debbie
Rhonda
Lily
Savannah
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Many prayers needed - Page 4 Happy010

Many prayers needed - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 12:03 am

Reading that upsets me mad How can they tell lies to the kids and how can they treat them that way? Blue

I'm hoping the attorney can help you Savannah...

Many prayers needed - Page 4 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Many prayers needed - Page 4 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 7:58 am

I hope you are writing all this down and having the children keep a journal as well. I know the 2 younger ones can't do that, but Jeremiah and Rachel are old enough to put what is going on around there on paper. They will need to find a safe place to hide it, but they need to write these things down. And Savannah, your brother seems to have been brain washed by April and until he decides to stand on his own two feet, he may act this way for a long time. He is already showing signs of not wanting the kids, and them telling the kids that you have gotten rid of their things is their way of telling the kids you don't want them either. PLEASE.....write everything down, and I mean everything......no schooling going on, no toothbrushes, Michael being zoned out (Probably have overdosed him with his meds) and the yelling and accusations.... write it down...........date it, the time and everything.....
Thumbsup

Prayers that your attorney will throw the book at them!
banghead

Many prayers needed - Page 4 Rhonda10Many prayers needed - Page 4 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 10:14 am

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} I'm continuing to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

I see that you met with the lawyer today and I am hoping that you got something positive out of that meeting. Reading all you have written about how things have been going for the children since they have been taken away, is just so very sad. It is not an environment that they can flourish in at all. I am glad that at least they have not tried to completely shut you out of their lives. Those kids really need you right now.

Many prayers needed - Page 4 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Many prayers needed - Page 4 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 11:14 am

I've been praying hard this morning, Savannah. I hope you bring us good news from the lawyer. bestwishes
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Many prayers needed - Page 4 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 12:44 pm

The lawyer was very sympathetic, but said that our state leans heavily toward parents. He said that because we don't have guardianship, the state wouldn't see us as having any standing. He did suggest contacting social services, and asking if leaving the children for so long without any guardianship given over to us would constitute neglect. And also said something about mentioning the fact that we believe that John and April claimed the children for food stamps for several years, even though the children didn't live with them. *deep sigh* He said that right now, the best thing to do is to watch for any neglect or abuse, and report anything we see. Which, of course, breaks my heart even more. We have to wait for something to happen before they can protect the children. They're getting almost no education now, being fed junk food, not getting enough sleep, crying for home........but nothing can be done because John and April are the "parents".

I took Rachel and Jeremiah to their piano lessons today, even though they haven't been able to practice. Their piano teacher is very special to them, and at least it's a semblence of normalcy for an hour. I took Rachel back home with me for a few minutes so that she could see for herself that the beds and toys and clothes are still here. And she got to see our dog and cat.

Rachel told me that she prayed last night that if God is using this to make her a better, stronger Christian, that she'd "get stronger real fast" so she could go home again.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 1:11 pm

Savannah, Social Services and Child Protective Services is your best bet right now. They will interview the children and ask them straight forth how things are at home and how they feel about living there. The State may lean towards the parents, but they are only the biological parents, NOT the parents that raised those children. Contact SS or CPS as soon as you are able and get them working on this, otherwise John and April might make a run for the border.

I hope Rachel found comfort in knowing that their things are still where they left them and hope she lets the younger ones know that too. April seems to be feeding them lies to make them turn away from you and turn to them. I do not think it is working at all. The kids are living in a strangers home and they do not like it. Have faith and get the state involved in this. They are there to protect the children and what John and April have done is definitely abuse. This has to end......

As far as John and April getting food stamps and claiming the children on their income taxes, you can get them on that alone. It is simple FRAUD and when it comes to pulling the wool over the state's eyes, they don't like that at all. After a thorough investigation, John and April might be looking at some jail time; not that you want them in jail, but cheating the system out of money for so many years, they need to pay for that. At least you would get the children back if this were to happen. With all the clothing, bedding, toys, books and everything at your house, the state would know where the children have been raised and living all their lives....and it hasn't been with the people that have claimed them all these years and collected money on them.

OK, I will get off my soapbox..... Many prayers needed - Page 4 4_2_205

Last edited by on Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Many prayers needed - Page 4 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 1:12 pm

You are in my prayers friend. I really hope that John and April will have their eyes opened as to what they are doing to the children and realize the children need to go back home.
Hugs for you friend,

Many prayers needed - Page 4 MarilynKeeper Many prayers needed - Page 4 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 1:57 pm

I'll be praying for you as well. Stay strong. And there's a quote that helped me a lot when I was very desperate. Mayybe it can help you as well.
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. [b] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."
Jeremiah 29,11 following
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 2:31 pm

I'm sorry to hear that the lawyer couldn't do anything to help, but his advice about social services sounds promising. I pray that they can do something without physical harm having to happen first. I will definitely continue to pray for the situation.

Many prayers needed - Page 4 Lorike10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 3:31 pm

I'm so sorry the lawyer was no help.Blue Please keep your chin up. Things will be ok. Sending lots of hugs your way.:rainbowfaces:
Back to top Go down
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
brenda_m

Number of posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 7:04 pm

Good luck with everything and you all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

Many prayers needed - Page 4 KEEPERBRENDAMany prayers needed - Page 4 11bBrendaMatt Mate,Dean`s Diva
Get your own Virtual Horse or Pony athttp://www.howrse.com
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2007 10:39 pm

*Sigh*. I was afraid it would come to something like that - the lawyer saying that the state leans towards the "parents". I think Rhonda's ideas were the best - write down all of your observations and encourage the older children too also. I pray that Social Services is able to get in there soon and fix this mess!

Many prayers needed - Page 4 ChristinaKeeper2 Many prayers needed - Page 4 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2007 7:26 am

Savannah, what are the legal standings for Grandparents Rights? I know we have several people call in to the office here and ask that queston. If your parents have any rights at all in the matter, now would be the time to get an attorney ad litem to represent the children and he would counsel them, ask them how they are being treated, how they feel and all and then make sure the Judge knows where those children belong.

I know, I know, I am still grasping for straws here...... No

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Many prayers needed - Page 4 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2007 7:36 am

I'm sorry the outlook isn't more optimistic Savannah. Let's pray some of these ideas Rhonda is coming up with and Child Protective Services can help bring the kids home to you, where they belong.

{{HUGS}}

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2007 9:57 am

Savannah, I am so sorry that the lawyer was not of any help to you. It seems to me that there would be an abandonment issue here, being that those kids have been raised by your family and not their biological parents. Of course I don't know the story about why they weren't raised by their parents, but unless there's some really good reason they couldn't care for them, it does seem like an abadonment issue. I'm surprised that something can't be done on those grounds alone. Not to mention the fact that they have been stealing from the government for several years if they have been getting food stamps for the children, when they didn't even live there.

I agree with Rhonda, look into the grandparents rights. You can just google grandparents rights for your state. I remember doing that for a friend of mine whose brother won't let his son have anything to do with his parents, and was able to pass on the info to them. Of course now it's been so long, I don't remember what it has said about grandparent's rights.

Keep on fighting. Get another lawyer's advice if you have to. Let people know your story, they may know how you can get the help you need to get those kids back where they belong.

I just wanted to add too, one of my friends sisters had completely abandoned her own kids. She had gotten a boyfriend who didn't like kids, so she just completely left them. With a dad who ended up completely neglectful in so many big ways, he ended up losing them, but that is another story. But anyhow, she ended up losing her parental rights completely because she abandoned those kids. No visitation, nothing. Several years later when that boyfriend was gone and she expressed an interest in getting back into her kids lives, after they were taken away from their dad, she had a chance to go to court, as well as parenting classes to be able to get back into their lives. Possibly even have them live with her again, but she didn't show up at the court date or at the parenting classes, so that was the end of that for her. So anyhow, don't give up hope. There may be a way to make this right if you find the right person to help you.

Many prayers needed - Page 4 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2007 12:01 pm

Apparently, because they've had some contact with the children through the years, we can't file for custody or guardianship based on abandonment. And, the lawyer told us that the State Supreme Court here has severely restricted Grandparents Rights laws. I haven't given up hope completely, though. I truly believe that God can make a way. I've relied on Him so heavily these past weeks.......it seems that a lifetime has gone by.

The social worker we spoke with said that someone had told her that John and April had been claiming the children for food stamps when they weren't living with them. I don't know who told her, and I don't know if they're going to investigate that or not.

The state that I live in used to have very homeschooling-friendly laws. Apparently, now, we have NO homeschooling laws. Which means that they can basically do whatever for school. I'm going to check into that a little bit more. I'm all for having homeschooling-friendly laws, but the children HAVE to have an education. Jeremiah told me that his parents are talking about getting him into a good Christian college when he's old enough. Well - how is he supposed to get IN if they aren't continuing his education?? He is extremely intelligent - very gifted. But that isn't enough. That has to be put to use, or he'll lose it. And the rest of the children haven't had the benefit of as many years in my Mom's teaching. She's a wonderful teacher, and they've only begun their education. What happens with them?

That FROG has been in my mind a lot: Fully Rely On God. That's what we have to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2007 1:03 pm

aww.I'am really sorry this is happneding...I really do hope u get the children back...I agree with what Rhonda was saying..
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 12:33 pm

Savannah wrote:
That FROG has been in my mind a lot: Fully Rely On God. That's what we have to do.

Many prayers needed - Page 4 P-731

Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 8:14 pm

Savannah, you already know this, but just keep surrounding yourself with scripture, uplifting music and anything else that will keep your thoughts on a positive note. That is what has gotten me through the last few months. Sometimes that is the only thing that keeps you sane!! I try and repeat this to myself anytime I feel real anxious about things:

Don't dwell on how big your problems are, but how big your God is!! Just keep reminding yourself of that truth and hopefully you'll find some peace in this horrible situation. Even though you can't be with those kids, God is taking care of them and is working behind the scenes to make sure they are safe.

Many prayers needed - Page 4 KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 6:28 pm

No news since Thursday. We are still praying for you Savannah. Let us know how you are doing. We care!!Smiley Hug

Many prayers needed - Page 4 MarilynKeeper Many prayers needed - Page 4 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 6:53 pm

Thank you. {{{HUG}}} The prayers are still so very needed. It breaks my heart so much to hear the children begging to come home. And, right now, there's nothing that I can do to make it happen. Caleby (just turned 5) was saying "If you take me home, I'll hide in a closet, an' they'll never find me!"

We had our turn holding a church service at a retirement home today. Every time we've gone before, our precious children were with us, and helped in the service. Everyone there missed them so much. They're very outgoing children, and have a special place in their hearts for elderly people. Jeremiah and I would have done our "big" duet......

Jeremiah and Rachel have a recital coming up, but haven't been able to practice piano in over two weeks. They haven't had schooling in even longer. They'd just come off Spring break when all of this happened - so it's been over three weeks since they've had any school.

I miss my precious ones so very much. I do get to see them every day. We drive over there every day to see them. But it isn't the same as having our home bouncing with the sounds and laughter of those four bundles of energy and joy. In the evening, my lap and arms were always filled with Caleby wrapping his little self around me - usually pretending to be a cat or a puppy, or Curious George.......Michael would run through like a little locamotive, calling "Watch what I can do!!" Rachel......she was always talking, always had a story to tell..........The piano was always playing, stories being read..... the house was almost always filled with sound. It's so terribly quiet now.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyWed May 02, 2007 12:17 pm

I'll be praying, Savannah. :)

Many prayers needed - Page 4 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 12:04 pm

Thanks again, everyone, for your prayers. There has been no change in the custody yet, but there has been a development on another level. I can't go into it yet, because of legal issues (blah, blah, blah) but please pray for wisdom for everyone involved. And pray for a miracle. I believe that they happen.

Kathy, I thought that I had responded to your post earlier. I'm sorry that I neglected that. THANK YOU for your advice. I know that you've been through the wringer lately, too, and your advice was a great comfort to me. I couldn't listen to music for the first two weeks, because music is such an integral part of our family's life, and in working with the children. I'd cry every time I heard a song that we had taught the children, or a song that we were working on........or a song that we had performed somewhere.......It made me miss my precious ones even more. But now it's starting to be able to help me cope. And, of course, the Bible has been a huge comfort for all of us.

We're praying for a miracle........this newest development has the possibility of bringing the children eventually home to us, but it's definitely not in the manner that we would have chosen. I'm sorry that I can't give any details right now - I'm not trying to be mysterious. Just one of those "keep your lips shut" situations for now. But keep praying. God is working.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 12:21 pm

I'm praying Savannah. I hope for the best! happy1

Many prayers needed - Page 4 Horses10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 EmptyMon May 07, 2007 12:42 pm

Savannah, your family is close to my heart and in my prayers. My church family are praying for the children as well. God is in control. Glad to hear about new developments. We are all here for you.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Many prayers needed   Many prayers needed - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Many prayers needed
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next