Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Safe travels...

Go down 
+7
Savannah
Carol
pamh36
Vanesa
bethandmanly
Rhonda
Amy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Safe travels... Love-s10

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:01 pm

Can I ask everyone to pray for my son Brendan, as he travels to North Carolina today? It's a 17 hour drive, and the farthest he's been from home. Excited for him, just a little worried!

Thanks in advance! Smile
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Safe travels... Purple2

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:08 pm

OH MY! I remember my boys traveling off like that.....worried me to death! He will have my prayers....as well as the other drivers he meets on the road.... pray

Safe travels... Rhonda10Safe travels... Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Safe travels... Bokmal10

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:21 pm

You can count on my prayers, Amy. Where is he going in NC?

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:44 pm

I'll be praying for him, Amy. Things will go all right! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Safe travels... Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:08 pm

That is a long drive. Praying for a safe journey.

Safe travels... PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Safe travels... Happy010

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:21 pm

Count on it

Safe travels... Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:17 pm

Thank you everyone! He's in D.C. right now....they decided to stay over at a Hampton Inn since it's such a long drive. Something tells me they'll probably enjoy some of the sights of DC before they leave! And actually, he isn't driving.....his roommate's dad is behind the wheel, so I feel good about that. But yeah, I'm just a worrywart kind of mother. HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Oh, I just got word! They've arrived! Applause I'm so excited for Brendan...this is his first really 'big trip' away from Michigan. We both went to DC for his 8th grade field trip, but that's it!

And Cheryl, I forgot to answer your question....he's in Kitty Hawk, on the Outer banks! I'm sure you're familiar with it! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Glad that they have arrived...hope he enjoys himself while there. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Safe travels... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:55 pm

I'm so sorry that I missed this yesterday, Amy. But I'm very glad to hear that they arrived safely! (And I'm incredibly jealous that they're visiting Kitty Hawk. I love visiting historical places!)
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:19 pm

I'm glad he made it safe and sound.

Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Oops. I missed this, too. I'm so glad that Brendan and his friends arrived safely.

Safe travels... TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 11:56 pm

Thanks ladies! I appreciate it! Smile I texted him earlier and asked if he's ready to move. He said, "The ocean is pretty sweet. I am moving." Lol! I keep reminding him.....honey, you'll get eaten by a shark!!!! Yikes HeeHee
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 1:06 am

Amy wrote:
And Cheryl, I forgot to answer your question....he's in Kitty Hawk, on the Outer banks! I'm sure you're familiar with it! Thumbsup

I drive right through it every year on my way to Kill Devil Hills. We love reaching Kitty Hawk because then we know we're close to the end of the drive. Glad they arrived safely.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:17 pm

So I'm officially freaking out. My kid's first 'big trip', and he is due to get hit with a major hurricane. Are you kidding me?!?! thud He is at the mercy of whatever his roommate's family decides to do too....we'll talk more in depth about this tomorrow, as to what their plans are. Please keep Brendan and this situation in your prayers. I am really worried.

Here's the latest:

In North Carolina, where Irene was forecast to come ashore on Saturday, Governor Bev Perdue urged residents to make sure they had three days worth of food, water and supplies.

"You may lose water or electrical power during the storm, and grocery stores and other businesses may be closed. Also make sure you know the evacuation routes," Perdue said.

Evacuations were to begin on Wednesday for parts of North Carolina's Outer Banks, the stretch of barrier islands and beaches jutting into the Atlantic Ocean. Tourists were ordered to leave some areas.

At a hardware store in Charleston, South Carolina, Carlito Resnicki, 29, hauled sheets of plywood to his car to board up his home. "I have a wife. ... Mama Bear said go buy plywood, so I came."

Irene could still swing farther east away from the U.S. coast. But if it skirts North Carolina's Outer Banks without weakening and then plows northward through the heavily populated mid-Atlantic and New England coasts as a Category 1 or 2 hurricane, "It could become one of the ten most damaging hurricanes in history," hurricane expert Jeff Masters of private forecaster Weather Underground wrote in his blog.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:35 pm

Amy, praying for safety in whatever they decide to do.... pray

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Safe travels... Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:47 pm

I'm praying, too, Amy. Safe travels... 410460
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:05 pm

Thank you ladies. Smile
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:06 am

Whew. There's a mandatory evacuation for all visitors on Kitty Hawk, so Brendan is on his way home!! happy1 I am pretty bummed for him that his vacation has been cut short, but very relieved. I'm been worried sick about this. And I talked to him yesterday afternoon and he said something about them waiting until Friday or SATURDAY to head home. Seriously?!?! OhMy Not smart. But they get to an age where they're going to do what they want to do, and you just have to pray they'll use the common sense that God gave them. No In this case, I'm lucky that the good officials of N.C. are booting him out, since I can't be there to drag him home by the ear! HeeHee

Please, continue to pray for his safe return home. I'm sure the traffic is going to be insane.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:12 am

I will be praying for a safe return. I'm sure he is disappointed about having to leave sooner than planned, but also at least somewhat relieved too. I know I would have been hightailing it out of there!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Safe travels... Goodsi10

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:31 am

Good news, Amy!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:36 am

Hurricanes have a way of rearranging life. He is right to leave now. The roadways will be stuffed very soon. Irene is a big one.....most Irene's are from my memory. ( Family reunion '84...she hugged me and I thought I would snap.)
Anyway, glad he is working his way back home. Thumbsup

Safe travels... Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:41 am

What a relief for you that he has to come home.

Safe travels... Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 11:25 am

Did they make it out Amy?

Safe travels... Horses10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:01 pm

Amy wrote:
Please, continue to pray for his safe return home. I'm sure the traffic is going to be insane.

Considering that there is one bridge in and out of the OBX it will be so crazy. I talked to our real estate agent down there and she said the grocery stores were packed yesterday. They began evacuating Ocracroke on Wednesday, so I'm glad they are evacuating the entire area.

They will definitely be in my prayers. Please keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Safe travels... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safe travels...   Safe travels... Empty

Back to top Go down

Safe travels...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next