Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)

Go down 
+4
LHDaisy
bethandmanly
Carol
rana
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rana
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
rana

Number of posts : 119

lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2006 5:22 am

bethandmanly wrote:
The next day Eliza Jane came downstairs and found Perley Day was packed to go.

"What's all this about?" she asked.

"I'm takin your advice and headin home."

"What? Now?"

"No time like the present. Besides, Almanzo will be back soon."

"I'm glad you're going home Perley Day, but couldn't you wait until Friday? I can't take care of the farm all by myself."

"Who ya kiddin Sis? Ya act like ya never been on a farm before. When we was kids, you had more than your share of the chores. I'm sure you'll do just fine."

Perley Day popped a large slice of corn bread into his mouth and gulped it down with a glass of milk. He slung his bag over his shoulder and kissed Eliza Jane's cheek.

"See ya Sis," he sang and then skipped out the door, heading for Spring Valley.

Eliza Jane stood in the parlor dumbfounded. What was she going to do now? She had school to teach and a farm to run. And somehow she knew there was something more to Perley Day's abrupt decision to leave than his deep desire to go home.

to be continued...

LHOTPfan121212 wrote:
Eliza Jane was shocked. She couldn't do this all. After all, she had to teach and take care of the farm. Knowing what could happen Eliza Jane ran outside to catch Perley Day.

"Wait up Perley Day," said Eliza Jane, "I can't teach and take care of the farm."

"I'm really sorry sis." said Perley Day

"Well could you at least tell Almanzo to come back to take care of the farm." asked Eliza Jane.

"I'll try sis." answered Perley Day.

"Thanks Perley Day."

Perley Day went towards Laura and Almanzo in Sleepy Eye. He had borrowed a horse from Charles so he could get there quicker. Perley Day had thought a lot about why he was doing this. After a few miles he had decided that he was only doing this for Eliza. He also thought about how Almanzo would react to him moving back with his parents. When he finally reached Sleepy Eye, he saw Almanzo in somebody's barn. Almanzo noticed him almost immediately. Almazo wondered why Perley Day had come to Sleepy Eye.

bethandmanly wrote:
Perley Day didn't know that Charles Ingalls was on his way to Sleepy Eye to fetch him. If he had known, he might have rethought his decision to leave in such a hurry. The longer the drive took, the more furious Charles became. He had trusted that boy and he had been proven wrong too many times. Perley Day was trouble, and he wasn't going to create havoc for Laura and Almanzo in Sleepy Eye.

Charles had been driving his children to school when he stumbled across a breathless Eliza Jane jaunting towards town. He halted the wagon and jumped down.

"What's wrong Miss Wilder?"

"Oh Mr. Ingalls," she said in between breaths. "Perley Day took off this morning, leaving me to take care of the farm all by myself. By the time he left, I didn't have enough time to hitch up the horses, so I started walking."

Confused he said, "He came by this morning and borrowed a horse. He said he had to go to Sleepy Eye. I thought he was running an errand for you."

"Sleepy Eye?" said Eliza Jane. "He told me he was going home to Spring Valley."

"Well let's get you to school and then I'll head out to Sleepy Eye and see what he's up to."

"Thank you Mr. Ingalls. I don't think I could walk another step."

To be continued...

Rana wrote:
While Charles was still on his way to Sleepy Eye, Almanzo left the hardware store* near the old court house, carrying a paper bag with some nails and a tin of paint.
Ms. Primble's garden fence was in dire need of repair. 'Can't believe nobody of her students ever noticed the poor condition of the fence. These town people really don't care much for each other,' he thought, 'Laura should tell them students a little bit about charity. So they would probably offer a helping hand to their old teacher… leastwise from time to time.'
Almanzo was crossing the Main Street when he noticed a horseman in a distance. Realizing it was Perley Day, he stopped dead in his tracks, anxious for the news his younger brother would bring.

Perley Day started to feel uncomfortable when he saw Almanzo waiting for him in the middle of the street. Maybe his plan wasn't so good after all… But he knew he had reached the point of no return now. Defiantly he squeezed his legs against the sides of the horse to speed up.

"Howdy Manzo!" He waved with a wide grin, trying to act as calm as possible.
Almanzo went a few steps to meet him and grasped the horse's halter.
"Perley Day, what are you doin' here?" he asked concerned, "Is something wrong with Eliza Jane?"
In this moment Perley Day decided, it would be better to stay on the horse's back, where he felt safe and could look down on his older brother.
"Naw, nothin's wrong" he answered in a casual tone, "Just stopping by to deliver a message from Eliza Jane. She wants you come back. Says she can't run the farm on her own."

Almanzo was confused. "Stopping by? On her own? What the heck are you talking about? And why are you riding Mr. Ingalls' horse?" But then he noticed Perley Day was packed to leave.
Dark thoughts rushed into Almanzo's mind: This was nothing else than another of his brother's schemes. He had left Eliza Jane alone with all the farm work to do beside her teaching job. She must feel horrible. And again Mr. Ingalls was aggrieved. He never would have given one of his horses to Perley Day for leaving Walnut Grove for ever. As soon as Mr. Ingalls would find it out, it sure would be the end of courting Laura - once and for all…
"You! How could you…", he yelled.

Looking down on Almanzo, Perley Day already saw the moment coming, when he finally would prevail over his older brother. 'Gotcha!' he thought. Confident in his victory he started to yell back: "Could what? Leaving your farm? I can as well as you could…and … and I will tell Dad everything…"
But Almanzo wasn't listening anymore.

Before Perley Day realized what happened, Almanzo had pulled him out of the saddle - being beside himself with rage. Within seconds fists were flying and the two Wilder brothers were rolling on the ground, wrapped in a cloud of street dirt.

I know this would be a good moment to stop, but - sorry - I couldn't resist… ;)

It was later in the afternoon when Charles stopped his wagon on the Main Street in Sleepy Eye. Where should he start searching for Perley Day? Would he be with his brother Almanzo in Ms. Primbles house? Or would he rather find him gambling in the saloon? Probably the whole story about going to Sleepy Eye was only a scam to get the horse borrowed, and instead Perley Day was already over the hills and far away...

But then Charles spotted his horse fastened in front of the sheriff's office. 'What trouble is it this time?' He sighted when he entered the office.
He never would have expected what he found inside: Almanzo and Perley Day, each one scowling in a cell, dirty and partly covered with white paint, both with a shine and several scratches and contusions. Perley Day's upper lip was bleeding.
Wide-eyed he stared at the two ravaged figures...

To be continued…

* Oops! I just noticed that LHOTPfan121212 also wrote that Perley Day noticed Almanzo in somebody's
barn... So would you please imagine, that Almanzo went from the barn to the store before this part of the story began? ;)
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2006 11:55 am

Thanks Rana!!! Applause Cheer :tapdance:

lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
rana
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
rana

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2006 3:21 pm

But something is strange here. Whenever the word "t e s t" is written, a funny smiley shows up: test

Maybe some kind of examination nerves? :think:
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Mood : lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2006 6:55 pm

ROTFL ROTFL I'll have to PM Shirley so she can fix that... LOL

lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 13, 2007 3:16 am

very good reading, his/her/its takes me of the time for the translation,
but c ' is terrific, good continuation
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2007 8:20 am

Duplicate posting. Whoops!

Cheryl

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg

Last edited by on Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Mood : lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2007 8:21 am

ChristinaAL wrote:
(I hope it's okay that I jump in here - I haven't written anything for this in such a while)

Charles from Almanzo to Perley Day then back again. He couldn't bring himself to speak; for the first time since he couldn't remember when, he was speechless.

Thoughts were swimming around in his head. What was Almanzo doing in a jail cell? Where was Laura? Did she know about this? Surely if she had she would've been there. Called home...something. And why had Perley Day come here at all?

Before Charles could ask anything, Almanzo spotted him, and, eyes flashing with fear, he said, "Mr. Ingalls, I - I don't know -"

"Hold on just a minute," Charles interupted, his voice low. He had to keep it that way so he wasn't screaming. "Where's Laura?"

Almanzo blinked, confused for a second. "Teachin' school," he replied.

"She's all right? Not involved in anything that got you two here?"

"No, sir," Almanzo replied.

Relieved, Charles continued. "All right, then. I want you-" he pointed at Almanzo - "to tell me what you're doing here. Then, I want you" - now, he pointed at Perley Day - "to tell me exactly why you borrowed my horse to come here, what your real intentions are for hanging around my daughter and how you ended up in a jail cell in Sleepy Eye!" He couldn't stop himself from screaming the last part. These last few weeks with Perley Day had been crazy.

Almanzo and Perley Day started talking at once. Charles held up his hand. "Shut your mouth, Perley Day!" he yelled. "You'll get your turn after your brother. It doesn't look like you're going anywhere soon."

Taking a deep breath, Almanzo said, "I have no idea why he's here. I was working at Miss Primble's, saw him ride into town on your horse - which I know you'd never give him if you knew he was fixin' on leavin' for good - and as if that's not enough, he starts tellin' me how he left Eliza with all the farmwork, borrowed your horse to come here to give me a message from Eliza Jane - that she can't run the farm by herself. No kiddin' she can't run the farm by herself - she teaches school!" Almanzo was roaring with anger. "He was there with her - he said he'd take care of the farm til I got back next week. Then he tells me how he's really plannin' on goin' home to our folks, just to tell our father how bad of a person I was for leaving sis with the farm to tend to, and coming here to be with Laura. That's all this is!" Almanzo yelled. "He's got a grudge against me b/c I didn't get in trouble like he did when we were kids. And it's stupid, Perley Day, plain stupid. Not only stupid," he continued, "But it got you and me here, hurt Eliza Jane, not to mention probably destroyed my chance with Laura forever!"

Charles was stunned. Obviously, this was a family matter to be worked out between Almanzo and Perley Day. But sometimes things like this couldn't be worked out - not when the emotions ran so high on both sides. And not when one person was bent on revenge.

"I understand," Charles said carefully. "But that still doesn't tell me how you two ended up in jail!"

bethandmanly wrote:
"Well, that's Manzo's fault," said Perley Day, shaking his head. "He got so angry when I told him I was gonna go home and patch it up with Father that he pulled me off my horse and started beatin the livin daylights outta me. If it wasn't for the sheriff yankin him off me, I would probably be seein a doctor right bout now."

Almanzo pointed an angry finger at his younger brother. "You are such a liar Perley Day. Ya know why I pulled ya off that horse and it wasn't cuz I was afraid of ya makin nice with Father."

"I don't know..."

"That's enough," screamed Charles. "Why don't you tell me why you took my horse Perley Day, knowing you wouldn't be coming back to Walnut Grove."

"Well ya see sir, I didn't want to take the team from Eliza cuz I knew she would need them to run the place, and I figured when I saw Almanzo I could leave the horse with him and he could bring it back to ya when he got home."

Charles eyed Perley Day with a suspicious glare. "I really hope you don't think I believe that."

Almanzo stayed quiet, letting his brother dig himself into an even bigger hole.

"It's the truth Mr. Ingalls."

"I don't think you would know the truth if it came up and smacked you in the face, Perley Day. You've been lying to me since the day we met. You came here to cause problems for Almanzo and Laura, and I won't allow it."

Charles turned to face the sheriff. "How much to get them out?"

"Five dollars a piece."

Charles shook his head and reached into his pocket. He threw a handful of bills down on the desk.

"That's only five, you need ten to spring them both."

"I'm only bailing out the taller one," Charles said, pointing at Almanzo.

"What do you want me to do with the other one?'

"Let him sit there and think a while."

Almanzo collected his personal items from the sheriff and nodded his head in thanks.

"C'mon," Charles said to Almanzo. He slapped Almanzo on the back and the two men walked out the door.

To be continued...

LHOTPfan121212 wrote:
"now, every cent is coming out of your paycheck to me."

"i know sir, i'm so sorry about everything. its just that my anger always gets the best of me. I promise you i will pay you back as soon as i can. Just let me tell beth."

"well if you dont tell, believe me i will."

"better be goin' sir. bye and thanks a lot."

Almanzo walked thinking about what he would say to beth...

bethandmanly wrote:
Almanzo walked home, still unsure of what he would tell Laura. He didn't want her to be disappointed in him. This latest fight between Perley Day and him could ruin his new relationship with her, and Almanzo didn't want that to happen.

He found Laura sitting at the kitchen table grading papers when he entered the house. Miss Primble was napping in the front room.

"Oh my goodness," she said when she saw his face. "What on earth happened to you?"

"Perley Day. He's here in Sleepy Eye. He left Eliza Jane all alone on the farm. I saw him in town today and we got into a fight."

"Over what?"

"It's not important, but we both ended up in jail. Your pa bailed me out."

"What's Pa doing here?"

"He came to track down Perley Day for my sister. Listen Beth, I'm the one who started that fight. Course I'd do it again, but..."

Laura smiled. "Manly, I'm sure you had good reason. Where's Perley Day now?"

"Still in jail. Your pa only bailed me out."

"What are you going to do?"

"I guess head home. Eliza Jane can't run the farm and teach school too. Maybe I can come back over the weekend and finish up the work here." Laura nodded. "I best pack up my stuff," he said, his lips frowning.

A disappointed Almanzo turned to head down the hall. He felt the touch of Laura's hand on his arm and he looked up into her smiling face.

"I'll miss you," she said.

"I'll miss you too Beth."

He pulled her into an embrace and kissed her tenderly. All he wanted to do is stay here with her, but thanks to Perley Day they would be apart. One day that boy would get his.

To be continued...

i love dean wrote:
Hey Cheryl you look a little lonely here, thought I would post a part and help you keep things going...

As Almanzo headed out of town he swung his rig by the sherriff's office.

"How long will ya keep him here?"

"Till bails posted or his time is served. Disorderly conduct results in usually a two week holding period."

"Good keep an eye on em for me, I feel safer knowin he's here and not gettin inta any more trouble." Almanzo turned his back and walked out listening to his brothers rants about him not caring. As long as he's locked up he won't be trying anything with Laura. He was hoping to return to Sleep Eye within a couple days if he could get things worked out back home.

Entering Walnut Grove Almanzo stopped by the school house to let his sister know he was home. Eliza saw the look of disappointment on his face. "Class continue with your readers, I'll be right back" she followed Almanzo out onto the school house steps.

"Mannie where is Perley Day?"

"In a jail cell in Sleepy Eye." The shocked expression on Eliza's face made Almanzo feel he needed to tell her the whole story of what was happening between the two of them.

"So after this last stunt of leavin you alone to care for the farm, I guess proves he cares for nobody but himself."

Sadly Eliza Jane had to agree. "I guess your right Mannie, I just worry about him when he roams and nobody knows where he's at."

"Well he's of age now Sis and its time he starts growin up. He's where he needs to be, sittin alone in the cell with nothin but his thoughts will do him some good."

"How long will he be in there?"

"In a couple days I'm goin back to bring Laura home. I'll post his bail then and tell him goodbye."

"I wish I could have said goodbye" a tear slid down Eliza's cheek and she wiped it with the back of her hand.

"I have a feelin we haven't seen the last of him. I gotta go Sis, the chores are waitin on me."

To be continued....

Annika wrote:
Okay, I'll give it a try:

One week later Almanzo finally went back to pick up Laura. While he drove there, he wondered about what to tell his brother. Even though he was very angry at him he didn't like the thought of leaving him all alone. He never would have admitted this to anyone but he in fact was worried what his brother would do when he was out of jail. He had never learned anything aside from farming and, no matter where he was planning to go, he probably wouldn't get there without bringing himself into trouble.
Almanzo sighed. On the other hand he definetly didn't want to have him around any longer. There didn't seemed to be a good way out.
Before Almanzo had come to a decision on what to do he already had arrived. He decided to go to the jail first, since he was early anyway, though he actually couldn't wait to see Laura.
When he arrived at the jail he paid the fund and had to wait for a while until they brought his brother in.
"Hi, big brother" he said, without even the slightest sign of embarrassment. "How are you doing? It took you quite a while to get me..."
"And I surely didn't do so because I am sorry for you. I don't want to see any more of you. You have brought enough trouble into my life for a while.You can go where you want, but I don't want to see you around here any longer. If I can help you in any way to get away from here, I'll do. But this is all you can ask for."
"Thanks, my dearest brother, that's too kind of you. I don't think I will need any help. I actually didn't want to stay here this long, I already wanted to leave last week."
"Yes, but that time you tried to take some things with you that don't belong to you."
"I told you that I wanted to give the horse to you."
"Sure. Anyways, since you want to leave as well, everything seems settled. I'll be back on Monday to bring Laura to school and I will find out whether you left or not. Believe me, it's better if you leave as soon as possible."
"Of course. I'm right on my way." Saying this he walked through the door out on the street and, without even turning around, he walked down the street, whistling.
Almanzo took a deep breath. Maybe this was really settled for good. Now to the nicer parts in live: He turned the team around to drive to the schoolhouse.

To be continued

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2007 8:22 am

This brings the story right to where it ended at the old forum.

Cheryl

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2007 12:07 pm

Cheryl thanks for doing this! Applause

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2007 12:15 pm

No problem. I figured I better do it while I could get onto the old forum. I have some of the story saved on my hard drive, but not all of it.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 10:59 am

The starry sky stared back at Perley Day. The moonlight streamed through the leaves in the forest as they swayed in the cool breeze. The ground was hard and cool, but his backpack made a soft pillow as he contemplated what to do next.

It sure seemed like his big brother had gotten the better of him again. It ate away at him like a beaver gnaws at a piece of wood. Just once he wanted the upper hand. Any hope of taking Laura away from Almanzo was gone. He no longer had Mr. Ingalls on his side and who knew what Eliza Jane thought of him now that he had abandoned her.

"Looks like I'm on my own again." Perley Day swiped away the moistness that formed in the corners of his eyes.

He sat up suddenly, his hands planted behind him in the dirt. He looked around, nodding as he tumbled the idea around in his head. An evil grin curled the corners of his lips. It would definitely work. "It's not over yet Almanzo...not by a long shot."

To be continued...

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2007 1:51 pm

I thought I would provide everyone with a new synopsis because it’s been a while since anything was added to this story. We seem to have named the teacher Miss Primm, Miss Primble, and I think even Miss Trimble in the story. I don’t think it really matters what her name is, but we should probably choose one. LOL!

Cheryl

The story takes place in Season 6. Almanzo and Eliza Jane Wilder come to Walnut Grove and Miss Wilder takes over as the new teacher. Laura is instantly attracted to her brother. Laura hopes to begin to study for her teacher's exam so that Almanzo and her Pa will see her as a woman.

Caroline and Charles talk about the rapid changes in Laura and Charles expresses concern over Almanzo Wilder. Charles elicits the help of Albert to keep an eye on Laura. Manly is blissfully unaware of Beth's attraction to him and continues to nurture their friendship.

Charles, who is sick and tired of hearing about Almanzo all the time decides he needs a plan to get Laura's mind off Manly. Perley Day Wilder, Almanzo and Eliza Jane's younger brother shows up in Walnut Grove and Charles thinks he has found a way to refocus Laura's attention.

Laura and Perley Day ride into town together with Barnum to visit the blacksmith. Laura thinks Perley Day is attracted to her and that he also figures she has a crush on Almanzo. When Manly keeps referring to her as a girl, an angry Laura invites Perley Day to supper. The younger Wilder drives recklessly and the buggy tips over, pining Laura beneath it. Now scared over what his brother will do Perley Day says he is going for help, but instead he goes off to think about how he can prevent Almanzo from walloping him.

Almanzo stumbles upon Laura and the overturned buggy and races to get Doc Baker. Laura suffers a broken leg. Almanzo confronts Perley Day and forces him to explain. Charles and Laura are both mad at the younger Wilder boy and he thinks it might be a good idea for him to leave Walnut Grove. Almanzo who feels responsible for Perley Day's actions offers his help to Charles who rejects it. He forbids Laura to go over to the Wilder's place again.

Albert tells Laura he will help her find a way to get Charles to change his mind. Miss Wilder shows up at the Ingalls farm and asks Laura if she would like the books to study for the teaching exam. Albert tells Laura it was his idea, and a thankful Laura expresses her gratitude.

Laura's injuries continue to heal, but she is distraught to find out Manly still sees her as a girl. It makes her study even harder. Later at the Wilder farm, Perley Day asks Almanzo what he thinks of him going to see Charles and offer to work for him to make up for what happened to Laura. Perley Day insists she is more mature than Almanzo gives her credit for, which makes Almanzo start to think about Laura in a different way.

Charles agrees to let Perley Day work on his farm as long as Laura is fine with it. She knows how much Pa needs the help and so she agrees. The next morning Almanzo drives Perley Day to the Ingalls farm and then drives Laura, Albert and Carrie to school. Almanzo's feelings begin to deepen.

Charles still has hopes that Laura will refocus her attention on Perley Day. He likes the hard work the young man is doing and sees that he is remorseful for what happened to his daughter. Almanzo asks Charles' permission to court Laura, but Charles refuses to give it, saying he wants to see how things with Perley Day work out first. That night at the Wilder place the two brothers fight over Laura. Almanzo is concerned Perley Day is hatching another one of his schemes which could hurt her and her family. Perley Day tells Almanzo that he had his chance with Laura, but he didn't take it. The next morning, Caroline and Laura have a heart to heart about Perley Day and both express concern about his motives. They talk about Almanzo's strange behavior and Caroline tells Laura he might be seeing her differently.

Almanzo asks Charles if he can also help out at his farm, using the excuse that he feels responsible for what happened. Even though Charles is hesitant, he agrees. Almanzo is thrilled to have the chance to keep an eye on Perley Day. The younger Wilder tells Almanzo that his plan won't work, but Almanzo is optimistic after he finds out Caroline is on his side.

A conversation with Mrs. Oleson in town gets Charles to thinking about the two Wilder brothers and he decides he better talk with both of them to make sure Laura doesn't get hurt. As he talks to them, his feelings towards Almanzo begin to change. He tells them that it is up to Laura to decide who she wants to be with and that he expects the other man to abide by her wishes.

The morning of her teaching exam Almanzo gives Laura a gift and asks Laura if she would like to have supper with him at Nellie's. With her pa's permission, she agrees. Laura passes the exam and makes plans to take a temporary teaching position in Sleepy Eye.

Almanzo and Laura are outside after supper when Perley Day approaches and gives Laura flowers. She notices the tension between the two of them and when they start the drive home she questions Almanzo about it. When Laura gets home, Charles starts to feel like he is going to lose his little Half-pint.

Laura goes to Sleepy Eye and begins teaching. She misses her family and friends, but Almanzo most of all. He shows up on Friday to bring her home. They share their first kiss. When they get to the Ingalls place, Laura is anxious to see her family again, and Almanzo wonders if she is truly interested in him. As he drives home, he hopes he hasn't ruined his chances with Beth.

Laura joins her family for church on Sunday and Perley Day once again considers moving on. Laura and Almanzo’s budding romance leaves him little hope that he will get a chance with Laura. Charles is distraught knowing that his life is about to change as he has to sit idly by and watch his Half-pint grow up.

Eliza Jane and Almanzo find Perley Day with his back pack on the front porch. He tells them he is leaving Walnut Grove. Almanzo and Perley Day argue and Almanzo finds out that Perley Day was always jealous of their father’s relationship with Almanzo. Eliza Jane and Almanzo convince Perley Day to stay in town.

Eliza Jane pushes Perley Day for more information about why he decided to leave home when he was younger. Again, Perley Day blames Almanzo’s close relationship with their father and how their father always wanted Perley Day to be more like his older brother as the reason. Eliza Jane suggests that Perley Day consider living with them in Walnut Grove, but he doesn’t want to live in Almanzo’s shadow.

Manly shows up at the Ingalls farm to bring Laura back to Sleepy Eye. He asks Charles’s permission to stay in Sleepy Eye with Laura so he can help out Miss Primm. Charles agrees. Laura and Almanzo share a tender moment on Miss Primm’s porch. Meanwhile, back in Walnut Grove, Perley Day is doing some thinking. He wonders if things would be different for him at home now that Almanzo isn’t there.

The next morning, Perley Day is doing the chores. He becomes furious that Almanzo is in Sleepy Eye getting closer to Laura while he is stuck doing his work on the farm. Perley Day decides that it is time for payback.

Perley Day takes off, leaving Eliza Jane all alone to take care of the farm and teach school too. He had told Eliza Jane he would try to let Almanzo know he was leaving before he went on to Spring Valley. Perley Day borrows a horse from Charles, who believes he is heading to Sleepy Eye. Later that morning, Charles stumbles upon Eliza Jane walking to school and he heads to Sleepy Eye to see if he can find Perley Day.

Perley Day meets up with Almanzo in Sleepy Eye. They get into a fight. When Charles arrives in Sleepy Eye, he finds his horse tied up in front of the Sheriff’s Office. He goes in and finds Almanzo and Perley Day in a cell.

Almanzo explains what happened and Perley Day tries to make it seem like he isn’t really there to cause problems and that he didn’t exactly steal Charles’s horse. Charles doesn’t buy it. Perley Day has played him the fool once too often. He bails Almanzo out, but leaves Perley Day in jail.

Almanzo agrees to pay Charles back and to tell Laura about everything that happened. He is afraid of what Laura will think of him, but all she says is that she’ll miss him now that he has to go back home to run the farm.

Almanzo decides to leave Perley Day in jail for a while and heads home to Walnut Grove. He stops by to see Eliza Jane at the schoolhouse and both of them decide Perley Day will never care about anyone other than himself. Almanzo has a sneaking suspicion they haven’t seen the last of their younger brother.

A week later, Almanzo returns to Sleepy Eye and bails out Perley Day. He tells him he thinks it best if Perley Day leaves and doesn’t come back, which Perley Day says he was planning to do. Almanzo tells him that he will be back in Sleepy Eye on Monday to bring Laura to school and he expects him to be gone.

Perley Day stares out at the starry sky. He is sad to think of being all alone again, but then the wheels in his mind startd turning, and he knows he could still get the best of Almanzo.

Last edited by on Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 4:18 pm

Don't leave Perley Day staring up at the starry sky forever. The poor guy's face might get stuck that way.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2007 4:55 pm

ROTFL Cheryl....

Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 6:37 am

ROTFL

lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 DaisyKeeper

Carrie Ingalls: 'Happy Birthday Baby Jesus'
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2007 6:51 am

It was mondaymorning 07:00 o clock. Perley-Day was hiding behing a big oak tree close to Mr teachers house (couldn't find hername sorry). He suddenly noticed Almanzo's buggy coming around the corner of the street. He could see Almanzo and Laura chatting away and he felt the angre boiling up inside of him.

Almanzo pulled the buggy to a stop in front of Mrs. Teachers house. He gave Laura a kiss and wished her a good day. Laura stepped out and walked towards the house. In front of the door she stopped and turned around to smile at Manly. 'I love you Manly!' she said. 'I love you to Beth' Almanzo replied. Laura stepped inside and closed the door. Almanzo stared at the closed door for a few seconds before driving off.

Perley-Day waited some moments untll there was a safe distance between him and his brothers buggy before following it...

lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 DaisyKeeper

Carrie Ingalls: 'Happy Birthday Baby Jesus'
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 11:07 am

Perley Day figured this would be a great plan. He could come between Almanzo and Laura and be there when Laura needed a shoulder to cry on. With the details cemented in his head, he prompted his rented horse into a trot and caught up with his brother.

"Howdy Manzo," he screamed over the rattling of the wagon wheels.

"What do you want Perley Day?"

"Ya just drop Laura off?"

"Not that it's any of your business, but yes." Almanzo glanced over at his younger brother suspiciously.

"Are ya sure you should be leavin her all alone like that?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Perley Day looked up at the sky before returning his gaze in Almanzo's direction. "Oh nothin, it's just..."

"Just what?" Almanzo didn't have time for Perley Day's nonsense today.

"Well, ya know I wouldn't say anythin if ya weren't my brother and all. Not like I want to cause any trouble."

Exhasperated to the point of wanting to yank Perley Day off his horse and beat the news out of him he tugged the reins hard to stop the wagon. "Out with it Perley Day."

"Well, it's just I saw that Brewster boy headin towards Miss Trimble's place."

Almanzo shook his head, missing the significance. "So?"

"Seems he's there a lot lately."

"Laura is tutoring him before and after school so that he can catch up with the others."

"You sure about that? The way I hear it, he's sweet on her." Perley Day's mouth turned into a sly grin.

"Where did ya hear that from?"

"I have my sources."

"Yeah, well that source is your own imagination. Ya can't come between the two of us Perley Day. It just ain't gonna work. I gotta get home. I have chores to do."

Almanzo slapped his horses with the reins and the wagon wheels turned in the direction of Walnut Grove.

Perley Day glared with evil eyes at the back of Almanzo's head. "I wouldn't be too sure about that Manzo."

To be continued:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 1:11 pm

On the way back hoem Almanzo had some time to think about what Perley Day had said.
He was angry about even listening to him. He should have known that his brother was just up to spoiling his day. Of course there was nothing about Laura and this Brewster boy.
He recalled how Laura said goodbye to him in the morning, how she had turned around in front of the door to tell him that she loves him. He felt his anger decrease when he recalled the way she looked, standing there.
It couldn't be. Beth was way too straightforward to meet look at him like this while she had her mind set on another man.
When he arrived at Walnut Grove he had almost forgotten what Perley Day had said. but a little thorn of mistrust stayed though he didn't admit it even to himself.

To be continued...
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2007 3:38 pm

Perley Day sat on the porch steps to the Sleepy Eye schoolhouse where Laura was almost ready to dismiss classes for the day. He whistled as he whittled a stick with his pen knife. The pounding of footsteps towards the door made him back up. The children pushed by him, some saying excuse me, others ingoring the strange man in the felt hat.

"Howdy Laura," he said with a wide smile that revealed all his teeth.

"Hello Perley Day." Laura's eyes scanned the landscape behind him. "Does Almanzo know you're here?"

Shrugging his shoulders he replied, "Don't think so."

"I thought you were supposed to be moving on."

"Well, I was gonna do just that, but I couldn't do it. I had to make sure you knew about it."

Laura's eyes squinted in confusion. "Knew about what?"

"It seems one of Almanzo's old sweethearts has moved to Walnut Grove."

Laura remained silent, expecting more information. Her heart skipped a beat when she thought of Manly with another woman. "And?"

"I just thought you should know."

"Why?"

"I wouldn't want to see ya gettin hurt is all." Perley Day's boot traced a circle in the dirt. "The two of them had supper at Nellie's last Thursday."

Laura's eyes grew wide. "Are you sure?"

"Your Pa told me when he stopped in town last week. He didn't tell ya?"

"No." Her voice was barely above a whisper. Laura began to fiddle with the trim on her sleeve.

"Well, maybe he was just tryin to make sure ya didn't get hurt." Perley Day motioned to his horse. "I really gotta get goin." He rubbed Laura's arm. "I'm stayin at the hotel next to the saloon for a couple days until I figure out where I'm headin to. Come get me if you need to talk."

All Laura could do was nod. Her mind filled with all kinds of horrible thoughts, wondering if taking this teaching job had ruined her relationship with Almanzo. How would she be able to wait until Friday to ask him about it?

To be continued...

Back to top Go down
GrandDuchessOlga
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
GrandDuchessOlga

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2007 6:37 am

Ranting that Perley Day... what a jerk! But ooh I love this story. Keep it coming... I´d love to participate but my brain isn´t very creative at this very moment Blue
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2007 5:49 pm

Poor Perley Day, he might never get to see if his plan works. LOL!

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2007 11:31 pm

Aw c'mon man, I want to see if Perley Day breaks up Laura and Almanzo! LOL!

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 1:13 pm

Somebody better give Perley Day something to do before he starts destroying that prairie.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2007 1:52 pm

Laura sat all alone in her bedroom thinking about her earlier conversation with Perley Day. She didn't want to believe him, but it scared her to think another woman was interested in Almanzo. Now, more than ever, the difference in their ages bothered her.

Who was this sweetheart who had come to Walnut Grove? How close of a relationship did she have with Manly? She couldn't wait until Friday to find out. She would go insane before then. She would just have to go see how much Perley Day knew about this old sweetheart of Almanzo's.

Sleep eluded Laura all night long. Exhausted, Laura dressed and put up her hair.

"Good Lord, didn't you sleep at all?" asked Minnie when Laura walked into the kitchen and plopped down in a chair.

"Not really," admitted Laura.

"Want to talk about what's bothering you?" Minnie covered Laura's hand with hers.

"No."

Minnie spun her wheelchair around. "Well, at least have some coffee."

"I haven't got the time. I need to go visit a friend at the hotel before school starts."

"Can't it wait?"

"No, I need to talk to him right away." Laura pulled on her coat and grabbed her school books. "I'll get some breakfast at the hotel."

Minnie watched Laura walk out the door. She didn't like this, not at all.

When Perley Day heard the knock at his door, he already knew who it was. He smirked at his reflection. This was going to be a good day.

"Why Laura, what a surprise," said Perley Day. "I was just about to go downstairs and get some breakfast. Would you like to join me?"

"Yes please." Laura smiled weakly. "But I came for another reason."

"There's nothing wrong is there?"

"I don't think so, but I would like to know more about this woman who came to see Almanzo in Walnut Grove."

Perley Day pulled the door to his room shut and placed his arm around Laura. "Don't worry," he said. "I'll tell you all you need to know."

To be continued...

(Sorry, I really needed a fan fiction fix)

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2007 4:02 pm

Almanzo had gotten up early. Sleep had eluded him most of the night. Darn, that Perley Day, why did he havta go and say anythin about Laura and that Brewster boy? It couldn't be true; it just couldn't. Almanzo had seen the way Laura looked at him whenever they were alone together. He knew how he felt when they kissed and he was sure Beth felt the same way. Why did he even allow such thoughts to enter his mind?

He knew why. Because Perley Day was up to something and it made him crazy wondering how far Perley Day would go to get between Laura and him.

Laura walked through the open door of the hotel. "Thanks for breakfast, Perley Day."

"Anytime Laura. I just wish I..." Perley Day hesitated for effect. "I could have stopped you from being hurt so bad."

"It's alright." Laura clutched her books tighter against her chest. "It's better that I know how Almanzo feels now than find out later." Laura's voice softened. "I have to get to school. I'll see you around."

Perley Day waved as Laura turned the corner. An evil smirk danced on his face. Almanzo won't know what hit him.

Almanzo tugged on the reins and his buggy came to a stop in front of the Sleepy Eye Schoolhouse. He couldn't wait to see Laura. They had been apart for a whole week. All he wanted to do was scoop her up in his arms and hold her close.

The pounding of feet towards the front door told him classes were over. He waited until the students filed out and hopped up the stairs into the school. Laura was erasing the assignments from the blackboard.

"Howdy Beth."

When Laura turned to face him, her pursed lips and glaring eyes caught Almanzo off guard.

"Beth, what is it? What's wrong?"

To be continued...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)   lhotp - LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

LHOTP - The Continuing Story (You decide what happens)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next