Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

College kids coming home for Spring Break

Go down 
+4
bethandmanly
Rhonda
Krissy
Gin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : College kids coming home for Spring Break Love-s10

College kids coming home for Spring Break Empty
PostSubject: College kids coming home for Spring Break   College kids coming home for Spring Break EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:02 pm

Got my Nathan home safely yesterday, but there has been a serious accident involving a group of Harding University students going home for Spring Break. This happend late yesterday. I don't know too many details but I believe that several students were following one another toward Little Rock, when one had car trouble. They were stopped when a car hit one of the students sitting in his car. His name is Ty and he is in critical condition in a Little Rock hospital. Prayers please....

College kids coming home for Spring Break Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : College kids coming home for Spring Break Headac10

PostSubject: Re: College kids coming home for Spring Break   College kids coming home for Spring Break EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:10 pm

oh dear.Hope he will be okay.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: College kids coming home for Spring Break   College kids coming home for Spring Break EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Rhonda helped me out on the details..
The kids were headed to Fort Worth, Tx. Ty was OUT of his car when he was struck. Hopefully we will have more details soon.

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : College kids coming home for Spring Break Purple2

PostSubject: Re: College kids coming home for Spring Break   College kids coming home for Spring Break EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Yes, Six Harding students were involved in a serious car accident on the way to Fort Worth for Spring Break. After one car was rear ended, Ty Osman, a freshman from Nashville, TN got out his vehicle to check on the others. When he was going back to his vehicle, his vehicle was struck by another and then he was hit by his vehicle. He has been air lifted to hospital and is in critical condition. All the other Harding students involved are not seriously injured. Please be praying for this situation, especially for Ty, his family and those directly involved.

Ty continues to be increasingly stable in reference to his vital functions……blood pressure, heart rate, ventilation. The status of his blood clotting remains good. He is still in a coma.

Repeat CT scan results showed mixed findings. The brain swelling is improved, but there are quite a few areas that suggest stroke-like injury, probably from poor blood flow when Ty’s blood pressure was low before medical treatment could be given. It is too early for the neurosurgeon to speculate on the ability of these areas to improve.

The surgeon now feels safe to place the monitor that measures intracranial pressure and that will be done soon……..a bedside procedure.

All the college students (20-30) have been in to see Ty. The staff continues to be very supportive and Godly. We have laid hands on Ty and called on God for healing. Many ministering saints are holding our hands.

Please continue to pray for healing. Pray for a safe procedure as well.
Blue

College kids coming home for Spring Break Rhonda10College kids coming home for Spring Break Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: College kids coming home for Spring Break   College kids coming home for Spring Break EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:11 pm

Sadly, Ty passed away I believe sometime today. Continue to remember his family and the students that witnessed such a tragedy.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : College kids coming home for Spring Break Purple2

PostSubject: Re: College kids coming home for Spring Break   College kids coming home for Spring Break EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 5:36 pm

We regret to announce the passing of Ty Howard Osman II. He has succumbed to the severe injuries he sustained on 3/2/12. We celebrate, along with his family, the great gift of God he was to all who knew him. The family wishes to thank friends and loved ones for the ocean of prayers raised up on Ty’s behalf. Ty Sr., Nancy, Adair, and Kendall continue to covet your prayers as they negotiate the difficult days to come.

Ty had made his wishes known to be an organ donor. The family is honoring that request as they make the necessary arrangements over the next 12-24 hours.

Further arrangements for Ty’s memorial service are pending.

May God give grace, mercy, and peace to us all as we grieve a tremendous loss.
Blue

College kids coming home for Spring Break Rhonda10College kids coming home for Spring Break Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : College kids coming home for Spring Break Headac10

PostSubject: Re: College kids coming home for Spring Break   College kids coming home for Spring Break EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 10:09 pm

I'M so sorry to here. Smiley Hug Blue

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : College kids coming home for Spring Break Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: College kids coming home for Spring Break   College kids coming home for Spring Break EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 5:59 pm

How very sad. I'll keep his family up in prayer.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: College kids coming home for Spring Break   College kids coming home for Spring Break EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Thanks Cheryl. Ty was staying in the same building as Nathan on campus. He will be missed, those boys played some great pranks on one another.
At least his family knows he was doing something to help a friend when the accident happend.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: College kids coming home for Spring Break   College kids coming home for Spring Break EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:03 am

Gin wrote:
Sadly, Ty passed away I believe sometime today. Continue to remember his family and the students that witnessed such a tragedy.

I'm sorry, for I'm late to read this message...I'm praying for Ty's soul and for his poor family who most be feeling very hard the loss. bawling pray

Vanesa.

College kids coming home for Spring Break Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: College kids coming home for Spring Break   College kids coming home for Spring Break EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 12:08 am

I was late reading this. Sorry for the loss. Will pray for Ty's family comfort.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : College kids coming home for Spring Break Happy010

PostSubject: Re: College kids coming home for Spring Break   College kids coming home for Spring Break EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 5:16 am

Oh I'm so sorry! No

College kids coming home for Spring Break Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: College kids coming home for Spring Break   College kids coming home for Spring Break EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:38 am

Thanks everyone. Ty was a Christian and that is so much comfort for all who knew him.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: College kids coming home for Spring Break   College kids coming home for Spring Break EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 2:10 pm

What a horrible tragedy. No I can't imagine being one of his friends and witnessing that. Prayers are going up for Ty's family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College kids coming home for Spring Break   College kids coming home for Spring Break Empty

Back to top Go down

College kids coming home for Spring Break
Page 1 of 1