Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia

Go down 
+27
Kamberley
julmer70
annecimina
Praire Girl
Rickarda
littlehouselover
Carol
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
littlehousefan200
Ruth
Rob
LIWnut
Misti
Prairie Dweller
easyt72000
alexczarn
Shell
Lori
Joe
jes9
Rhonda
Vanesa
Honeybee
Krissy
Gin
Davetucson
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Bokmal10

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: JOHN HOWARD   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 8:35 am

LIWnut wrote:
How about the man who played the teacher who monitored the exam in The Pride of WG

Hooray! Alright Marilyn! You certainly found one that I missed! This makes number 500! Thanks for being so sharp! Don't stop looking!

John Richard Cox, Jr.(John Howard) was born in in Cleveland, Ohio,in April 0f 1913. He was a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of what is now Case Western Reserve University. At college he discovered a love for the theater, and took part in student productions.

The good-looking and personable young Howard soon became a contract player for Paramount, working in a dozen pictures before getting his first memorable role as Ronald Colman's younger brother in Lost Horizon. He soon took over for Colman in the popular Bulldog Drummond series of films, starring in seven of the features (1937–39), and maintaining the film version of the detective as far more sophisticated than the original print character. Howard's next noteworthy assignment was as Katharine Hepburn's fiancée in The Philadelphia Story (1940), competing for her attention with both Cary Grant and James Stewart.

He served in the Navy during World War II, eventually as Executive Officer aboard a minesweeper USS YMS-24 where he participated in landing operations at Sicily, Salerno, Anzio, and deception operations against Sardinia and Southern France. When his vessel struck a mine off the French coast in August, 1944, killing the captain and severely damaging the ship, Howard took over command and fought valiantly to save his ship and crew, even jumping into the sea to save several wounded sailors. For his gallantry he was awarded both the US Navy Cross and the French Croix de Guerre.
Upon his return to Hollywood, Howard was given the lead in lesser projects, but limited to supporting roles in feature pictures. Even his solid performance as Laraine Day's husband in The High and the Mighty (1954) did not generate any opportunities to break the pattern.

Howard wasn't familiar or comfortable with the new system of agents, contrary to his acting upbringing of being owned by Paramount studios. A shy and modest man, Howard didn't have the assertiveness expected in an audition, and wasn't comfortable "selling himself" to a film. Between his shyness and not having an assertive agent, Howard's big screen acting career tapered out but he found a niche in television.

Howard made his Broadway debut in Hazel Flagg in 1953, where he met his wife, ballerina/actress Eva Ralf.

Howard then played the lead in two American television series Dr. Hudson's Secret Journal and later Adventures of the Sea Hawk in 1958.
He found a great friendship with Fred MacMurray, star of My Three Sons, and was a regular guest star on the show, playing Fred MacMurray's boss. He became one of the first screen actors to commit to working in the new field of television and continued to make occasional film appearances until the mid-1970s. Early in 1961, he guest starred as Captain Chilcoath in the episode "Rebellion at Blazing Rock" of the 17-week NBC series, The Americans, a dramatization of how the American Civil War divided many families.

In time, Howard moved into academia. He taught English at Highland Hall Waldorf School for more than twenty years and helped to start the high school program at the institution.

He died in 1995 of heart failure, aged 81, in Santa Rosa, California, survived by his wife and their four children. He was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

He had over 115 film credits in a career that lasted from 1934 through 1978.

John Howard Was In One Little House Episode
The Pride Of Walnut Grove – 1976 – As Hiram Potter
He administered the test that Mary took

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 John_h11

John Howard In His Younger Days
June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 John_h12

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."

Last edited by Davetucson on Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 10:23 am

I looked through EVERY PAGE!  It too over 2 hrs but I found one.

How about the girl Mary who won and the woman who Caroline was talking to as they were waiting for the children in the exam.

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 MarilynKeeper June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: DELORES MANN AND KEN LETNER   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 4:52 pm

Ever Wonder Who Those Two Pleasant People Were That Inspected Albert in the Dakota Orphange?

Dolores Mann was born on January 3, 1927 in San Francisco, California, USA as Dolores Gertrude Mann. She was an actress, known for The Munsters' Revenge (1981), Father Figure (1980) and Here Come the Brides (1968).

She died on December 24, 1993 in Los Angeles, California at the age of 66.

She appeared in 26 productions beginning in 1951. Her last role was in Highway to Heaven in “Merry Christmas from Grandpa”.

Other appearances included Dynasty, Matt Houston, Quincy M.E., CHiPs, Rhoda, Emergency and Kojak to name a few.

Ken Letner was born on October 25, 1932. He was an actor, known for Strangers in Paradise (1984), The Big Sweat (1991) and Deal of the Century (1983). He died on October 31, 1993 at the age of 61.
He was director of the Festival Theater in El Paso, Texas, in the late 1960s and through most of the 1970s.

He had a 13 year acting career in movies and television that began in 1978 and ended in 1991, two years before his death. Some of his credits included Lou Grant, Father Murphy, LA Law, Designing Women, Falcon Crest and Hill Street Blues.  

Both Were in One Episode of Little House
The Family Tree – 1979 – Mr. and Mrs. Tilley
Far Left and Center Camera. In Albert's Dream.

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Delore11

Last edited by Davetucson on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Mindy Dow   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 8:50 am

LIWnut wrote:
I looked through EVERY PAGE!  It too over 2 hrs but I found one.

How about the girl Mary who won and the woman who Caroline was talking to as they were waiting for the children in the exam.

Mindy Dow was born in September of 1961 in Los Angeles, California. She had a very brief acting career that lasted eight years. She was in The NBC Follies, played a Roosevelt Daughter in Eleanor and Franklin, played Urania in “The Threshold”, an episode of the Waltons, and was in “Earthbound”.

She was in 5 titles from 1973 through 1981.

One Episode of Little House
The Pride of Walnut Grove – 1976 – Mary O’Donnell  
She Scored The Highest Grade On The State Wide Test
Mary Was Second!

Receiving Her Award (Camera Right)

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Mindy_10

Last edited by Davetucson on Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: GRACIA LEE   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 9:12 am

Gracia Lee was born on September 14, 1926 in Chicago, Illinois, USA as Gracia Lee Leopold. She was an actress, known for The Kentucky Fried Movie (1977), Conrack (1974) and Two-Minute Warning (1976).

She died on June 6, 1995 in Los Angeles, California, USA at 69 years of age.

She appeared in 29 credits that included The Wonder Years, Doogie Howser,M.D., Knots Landing, Newhart, Who’s The Boss, Cagney and Lacey, One Day At A Time, Flo and All In The Family. She was also on The Brady Bunch and Happy Days. Her acting career on television lasted from 1971 through 1992.

She Was In One Little House Episode
The Pride of Walnut Grove – 1976 – As Mrs Bell
The Woman Caroline Talked to During Mary’s Test

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Gracia10

Still Of Gracia Lee In Another Production
June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Gracia10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: LIONEL DECKER   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 9:15 am

Lionel Decker was born on March 23, 1923 in Newark, New Jersey, USA. He was an actor, known for Ed Wood (1994), Girls of the White Orchid (1983) and Helter Skelter (1976).

He died on May 20, 2001 at the age of 78.

He appeared in fifteen productions from 1959 through 1994. They included Ed Wood, Hill Street Blues, Cagney and Lacey, Charlie’s Angels, and Helter Skelter to name a few.

He Was Only Twelve – 1982
The Doctor That Tended James When He Was Shot

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Lionel10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: DONNA ANDERSON   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 4:00 pm

Donna Anderson was born on September 5, 1939 in Gunnison, Colorado, USA. Anderson was born Donna Knaflich in Gunnison, Colorado, the daughter of Wenona Hanly-Knaflich and Louis John Knaflich.

She is known for her work on Inherit the Wind (1960), On the Beach (1959) and Deadhead Miles (1973).

She made her film debut in 1959 in On the Beach, directed by Stanley Kramer. The following year, Kramer got her to star in Inherit the Wind, which led to her receiving a Golden Laurel nomination for Top New Female personality.

In the 1960s she had become mostly known for television with appearances in such series as Gunsmoke, The Incredible Hulk, The A-team, and Murder, She Wrote.
Once treasurer of the American National Theatre & Academy (ANTA-West) during the early 70s. Some of her additional appearances on television included, The A-Team, Ben Casey, Rawhide and The Lieutenant.

Appeared in numerous theater productions, including Happy Journey,Curse You, Jack Dalton, Greensleeves, After the Fall, The California Story, The Princess and the Unicorn, The Streets of New York, 45 Minutes from Broadway, Little Mary Sunshine, and Americana.
She has not acted on screen since 1984.

She was in one Little House Episode
Ebenezer Sprague – 1975 – Woman In School House
She Also Worked In The Sound Department For Michael Landon

Scene From Ebenezer Sprague
Miss Beadle Talking About Collecting Donations
For The Needed School Books

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Donna_10
Donna Anderson as Rachel Brown in "Inherit The Wind".

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Donna_11

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: OLIVE DUNBAR   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 4:42 pm

Olive Dunbar was born on March 30, 1925 in Wellesley, Massachusetts, USA. She is an actress, known for The Lottery (1969), Girls Just Want to Have Fun (1985) and The Hearse (1980).
She was a fairly prolific actress that had fifty one acting credits during a 34 year career that began in 1953. She appeared in Santa Barbara, The Young and The Restless, Silver Spoons, One Day At A Time, The Jeffersons and Different Strokes to name a few.

Currently 89 years old………

She Appeared In One Little House Episode
Ma’s Holiday – 1974 – Sales Lady
Tried To Sell A Bonnet To Caroline

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Olive_10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: NORMA CONNOLY   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 5:34 pm

Norma Connolly was born on August 20, 1927 in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. She was an actress, known for General Hospital (1963), The Wrong Man (1956) and The Other (1972). She was married to Howard Rodman.

Her father owned a lumber business. She studied acting at the Leland Powers School of Drama under Morris Carnovsky, at the Actors Studio under Stella Adler and at the Cushing Academy. She was a member of the Screen Actor's Guild and headed the Guild's Women's Conference Committee.

Mother-in-law of actress Anne Friedberg.

Mother of writers Howard A. Rodman and Adam Rodman.

Best known for her role as Aunt Ruby on TV's daytime soap opera, General Hospital from 1979-1998, Norma appeared in numerous television shows throughout the years, some of which included  Charlie's Angels, The Bionic Woman, Police Woman, Harry O., and Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. Norma also appeared as Stella in A Streetcar Named Desire, in Voice of the Turtle, Bedtime Story, and The Crucible. Norma served on the Advisory Board of The Donna Reed Foundation for the Performing Arts. She passed away in 1998 at the age of 71.

46 year career in television beginning in 1951 until her death in 1998.

One Little House Episode
Ma’s Holiday – 1974 – Mrs. Kirkwood
She Came In The Hat Shop Caroline and Charles Were In
Looking For Her Dead Relatives…….

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Norma_10
As Aunt Ruby On General Hospital
June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Norma_11

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: ROBERT BOON   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 9:54 am

Robert Boon was born in October of 1916 in Haarlem, Noord-Holland, Netherlands. His acting career began in 1948 at the age of 32 in which he played a German youth in Berlin Express. He had 56 credits to his name in a 34 year acting career. He was cast in several war movies in the forties and fifties and made his first television appearance in 1952. Some of the later television shows he appeared on included The Virginian, Mannix, Cannon, Barnaby Jones and the TV movie The Executioner’s Song.

Update: Passed away January 13th, 2015 at age 98...

He Guest Starred In Two Little House Episodes
Both as Sven Johanssen – Store Owner
Charles Briefly Built Tables For Him To Sell
The Legacy – 1982
Charles Also Sold Chairs To Him
No Beast So Fierce - 1982

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Robert10

Last edited by Davetucson on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: PAMELA MURPHY - KEN SMOLKA   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 10:25 am

Purchasing Charles Ingalls furniture in the 1980’s!

Pamela Murphy was born in April of 1945. She was in 17 productions from 1951 through 2008. She played Marie in seven episodes of Dallas in 1981. Also appeared in Archie Bunker’s Place, Barnaby Jones, All In The Family, The Virginian, Hawaii Five-O, General Hospital and Search For Tomorrow. She is the Mother of  actor Oliver Macready and gymnast John Macready. Passed away on April 28th, 2010.

Ken Smolka was born on January 14th of 1944 in Utica, New York. His first role was on General Hospital in 1963. Afterwards he appeared on Eight is Enough, Lou Grant, T.J. Hooker, Santa Barbara, The Golden Girls and Dallas. His last acting role on television was in 1991 in Who’s The Boss…..He also appeared on Highway To Heaven in 1987.

Both were on one episode of Little House
Pamela and Ken Played Mr. and Mrs. Bob Martin
The Legacy - 1982  

Bidding On The Table Charles Built
June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Pamela10

Last edited by Davetucson on Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: GREAT JOHN L   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 11:50 am

Born in Kentucky in March of 1925, John L's first role came in 1958 in the Pat Boone movie "Journey to the Center of the Earth." This was later followed by stunt work in movies
such as "The Island of Dr. Moreau," "Breaker Breaker," and "Silent Rage."

From 1964 through 1991 he appeared in thirteen titles. Among them were Life Goes On and Archie Bunker’s Place.

John L became known in show business for his willingness to take risks.

His Son’s comments in his obituary………….
"He would wrestle bears and tigers for movies. There is no faking
that," said his son, John L. Clark Jr. "My dad was the only man to set
himself on fire with no protection. He would actually set his body on
fire and jump from a high dive into water. People would say 'what's the
trick to that?' and he would have water blisters on his back."

It was John L's work with animals on movie sets that led him to his
passion for cougars. When he lived in Hesperia, he kept two: Pebbles
and Rocky as pets.

Despite all of his film work, Clark said his father wanted to be best
remembered as "being an honorable and noble person.

"My dad used to do a lot of benefits for underprivileged children. He
volunteered all the time," Clark said. "He always used his fame to help
the handicapped."

He died in November of 2005 at the age of 80 in Hesperia, California.

He Was In One Little House Episode
Annabelle – 1979 – As The Strong Man

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Great_10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: NATHAN ADLER   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 9:51 am

Nathan Adler, birthdate unknown, was an American actor that had a rather brief fifteen year career. He was in fifteen titles in a career that began in 1978 and ended in 1993. Some of his appearances included In The Heat Of The Night, Superboy, The Taming of The Shrew, and Skag.

He was in one Father Murphy episode titled Outrageous Fortune as a telegraph agent.
He appeared in two Little House Episodes……

Days of Sunshine, Days of Shadow Part 2 – 1982 – As Mr. Jackson
The man looking at Almanzo’s house

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Nathan10

The Enchanted Cottage – 1979 – As Dr. Fromm
The Eye Doctor That Mary Saw

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Nathan11

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2014 4:01 pm

interesting  Smile 

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: KATHRYN FULLER   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 1:53 pm

Kathryn Fuller was born on June 5, 1922, in Delaware, Ohio to Gilbert and Ruth Eagon. She earned a degree in Theatre Arts from Ohio Wesleyan University. There, during the Second World War, she met her future husband, Mark H. Fuller, who was then enrolled in the U.S. Navy V-12 Unit at Ohio Wesleyan. They were married in July, 1945, at Christ Church in New York City. Following the War, Kathryn and Mark resided in California; they lived in Altadena, Arcadia, South Pasadena, and then for 52 years in La Cañada Flintridge.

Kathryn began a professional acting career with performances at the Pasadena Playhouse, Theatre Americana (Altadena), and Glendale Centre Theatre. Eventually she would make many appearances on television, in films and on stage. She was a gifted actress, director and writer-but Kathryn will also be remembered as a loving wife and mother, with four sons and two daughters. She managed a busy household that often included extended family members. For over 40 years, Kathryn and her family were active members of Holliston United Methodist Church; she taught pre-school at Holliston's Merryland Nursery School. She volunteered in her community, reading books at local schools and directing theater for non-profits-such as Foothill Service Club for The Blind, where she directed a play cast entirely with blind actors.

In over 50 years of work, Kathryn influenced the careers of fellow actors and touched the hearts of many. In 1962, she was a co-founder of Studio Theatre Playhouse in Los Angeles, which today remains a venue for new theatrical talent. As a playwright, she authored: "Lightning in the South" (from the life of Mary Todd Lincoln) and co-authored "Lutie" (a comedic romp set in New Orleans). Both premiered at Glendale Centre Theatre. Her many performances with The Colony at Studio Theatre Playhouse included: Terrence Shank's adaptation of John Steinbeck's "The Grapes of Wrath", Eugene O'Neill's "Long Day's Journey into Night," and the world stage premier of Ray Bradbury's "The Martian Chronicles." When "The Grapes of Wrath" was picked up by the Louisville Regional Equity Theatre, Kathryn was cast in the featured role of "Mama" for an extended run.

On television, Kathryn's recurring roles included Mabel Cummings in "Days of Our Lives," Mrs. Shellenback on "Happy Days," and Mrs. McGregor on "Valerie's Family." Numerous other appearances included "Laverne & Shirley,"  "Highway to Heaven," "Remington Steele," and "Newhart". Her favorite motion picture role was that of Faye Kennedy in "Yes, Georgio" co-starring with Luciano Pavarotti.

Update: Passed away May 24th, 2012 - Altadena, California 89 Years Old

A Wiser Heart – 1981 – Mrs. Ott

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Kathry10

Last edited by Davetucson on Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: MARLENE WARFIELD   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 2:49 pm

Marlene Warfield was born on June 19, 1940 in Queens, New York, USA. She is an actress, known for Network (1976), The Great White Hope (1970) and Joe (1970).

An African-American actress born and raised in New York City, primarily in parts with strong, social themes.

Best known for her stage and film triumphs opposite James Earl Jones as the prostitute Clara Kerr who becomes his wife for a spell in The Great White Hope (1970). For her theater performance, Marlene was honored with the Clarence Derwent, Theatre World and NAACP Image awards.
Was quite startling as the in-your-face political revolutionary Laureen Hobbes in the Oscar-winning film satire Network (1976).

Played Victoria Butterfield, the last maid to stand her ground to Bea Arthur's feminist posturings during the final season (1977-1978) of the highly popular Maude (1972) sitcom. She followed in the servile footsteps of Esther Rolle and Hermione Baddeley.

Attended the real High School of Performing Arts depicted in the TV series Fame.
Her acting credits include Cold Case, The Shield, The West Wing, ER, Cagney and Lacey, Hill Street Blues, The Jeffersons and Lou Grant to name a few. 29 credits in all from 1970 through 2011.

One Little House Episode
Dark Sage – 1981 – Mattie Ledoux
Dr. Ledoux’s Wife

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Marlen11
Her Character in "Maude"
June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Marlen10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: JACK PERKINS   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 4:50 pm

This is the kind of character actor that I love to write about.

Jack Perkins was born on September 19, 1921 in Medford, Wisconsin, USA. He is known for his work on What's Up, Doc? (1972), Nickelodeon (1976) and Night Shift (1982). He was often cast for his ability to play Drunks. From the early fifties through 1983, he was everywhere. He played everything from drunks to bums, salesmen and bartenders. In his thirty plus year career, he appeared in over 100 movies and TV programs.

Jack died on March 7, 1998 in Van Nuys, California, at the age of 77.

Three Little House Episodes
You Guessed it! Two out of the three characters
were bartenders.

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Jack_p13

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Jack_p14

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Jack_p15

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Is it the same bar, he has the same clothes on. Same character?

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 MarilynKeeper June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 6:45 pm

Same bar........Mr. Edwards got juiced in there shortly before nearly killing Albert and they also captured the guys that shot James in that same bar, but it was in a different town! That's show biz!

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: ELDON QUICK   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 7:34 pm

I'll bet you recognize this guy!

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Eldon_10

Eldon Quick was born on April 4, 1937 in San Joaquin County, California, USA. He is an actor, known for In the Heat of the Night (1967), Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze (1975) and The Big Bet (1985).

He began his professional acting career at the American Shakespeare Festival in Connecticut.
To improve his memory, he began memorizing lines from Homer's "The Illiad". He has now memorized the entire first book in English (more than 600 lines), and is working on the rest.
As of 2004 he was giving one-man performances of the first book of Homer's "The Illiad" at colleges.
Eldon was on television from 1966 through 1986. Some of his appearances included Gomer Pyle, USMC, The Monkees, Bewitched, The Waltons and Eight Is Enough. Fifty two appearances in all. He also played Fred Lansing on The Young and the Restless.

One Episode Of Little House
He Was Only Twelve – 1982 – The Bank Teller

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Eldon_10

In Later Years
June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Eldon_11

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 8:25 pm

Great stuff, Dave.  Cheers to you for all the research you do.

I'm a M*A*S*H fan, so I recognized Capt. Sloan immediately.  I'm thinking that screencap is either from the episode where Hawkeye was mistakenly pronounced dead, or the one where the doctors were trying to get an incubator for their unit.

Mr. Quick has aged very well.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 9:19 pm

Great memory Rob! It's from "The Incubator"! He was in four.....

- Our Finest Hour (1978) ... Captain Sloan (uncredited)

- The Late Captain Pierce (1975) ... Captain Pratt

- Payday (1975) ... Captain Sloan

- The Incubator (1973) ... Captain Sloan

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: RL TOLBERT   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 9:56 am

The people you never notice……but they are there!

Longtime stuntman R.L. Tolbert, approximately 70, got his start in 1965 as a horse-riding extra. Tolbert had answered an audition call following early-season rodeos in Arizona and found the going a bit easier after earning his Screen Actors Guild (SAG) card in 1975. He could drive 6-up and 8-up horse wagons and was cast as a stagecoach driver, most notably in the HBO miniseries Deadwood. He went on to earn credits in 13 movies but found stunt work in 60 titles.

“It’s always hard to get into the movie business, because everybody wants in,” he says. “If there’s something you can do, and you can get along with people, you’ll be able to find work.”

And like many professions, the familiar adage applies: “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know.”

Take a look at the link below for his film work. The list is staggering! Apparently R.L. knew someone!

http://www.nytimes.com/movies/person/1235805/R-L-Tolbert/filmography

He appeared in four episodes of Little House. Three of them as a stage coach driver. He appeared in “The Empire Builders” as Hank.

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Rl_tol10

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Rl_tol11

June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Rl_tol12

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: SUSAN BJURMAN   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 11:29 am

From the planet Venus to Little House On The Prairie!

Susan Bjurman is an actress, known for Mr. Deeds (2002), Zontar: The Thing from Venus (1966). Other acting credits included Gilmore Girls, Matlock, Dallas and Love American Style.

Susan got her start in 1966 in the epic “Zontar, The Thing From Venus”. A TV movie in which she played Anne Taylor.

At the request of Rob, I have included a link, where you can watch that little gem in its entirety. It’s one of our favorites!

http://free-classic-movies.com/movies-06/06-1966-Zontar-the-Thing-From-Venus/index.php#.U62NanlOU7Y
Susan was in one episode of Little House
June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Susan_11
A riveting scene from "Zontar: The Thing From Venus" Minutes Before Saving The World!
June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Susan_12

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 11:39 am

It was the Citizen Kane of the '60s.  yes 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   June - David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next