Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia

Go down 
+27
Kamberley
julmer70
annecimina
Praire Girl
Rickarda
littlehouselover
Carol
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
littlehousefan200
Ruth
Rob
LIWnut
Misti
Prairie Dweller
easyt72000
alexczarn
Shell
Lori
Joe
jes9
Rhonda
Vanesa
Honeybee
Krissy
Gin
Davetucson
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Goodsi10

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 12:07 pm

That free movie/TV website you posted is very cool, Dave!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Rob wrote:
That free movie/TV website you posted is very cool, Dave!

It Gives The Saying "The Best For Less" an all new meaning!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: PHIL CHAMBERS   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 12:38 pm

Phil Chambers was born on June 16, 1916 in Los Angeles County, California, USA as Horace Chambers. He was an actor, known for The Gray Ghost (1957), The Mole People (1956) and Bonanza (1959).

One of Hollywood’s most prolific character actors, he was in 115 titles between 1953 and 1982. He was in 15 episodes of Bonanza playing various characters. Was in several episodes of The Andy Griffith Show and Mayberry R.F.D. Other appearances included Gunsmoke, The Big Valley and The Fugitive. He was in a ton of western movies.

After a long and successful run, his last appearances on screen were for Michael Landon in Father Murphy as a Sheriff and Little House on The Prairie as Mr. Matlock.

He died on January 16, 1993 in Los Angeles, California at the age of 76.

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Phil_c10

One Of His Appearances on The Andy Griffith Show
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Phil_c11

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: MONA BRUNS   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 1:48 pm

An Incredible Life! An Incredible Family!
Mona Bruns born on November 26, was an American actress on the stage, films, radio, and television.
Born in St. Louis, Missouri, Bruns appeared on Broadway with her husband, Frank M. Thomas. She appeared in the 1934 Broadway play Wednesday's Child as Miss Chapman with her son Frankie Thomas playing a large role as Bobby Phillips. He recreated this role in the 1934 film Wednesday's Child necessitating their move to Los Angeles in the 1930s, where she and her husband acted in several films also. She played the role of Aunt Emily on the CBS soap opera, The Brighter Day, for eight years. After the show ended, she was asked to create the role of Emily Hastings on NBC's Another World. She also appeared on many popular television shows of the 1950s and '60s.

She died on June 13th, 2000, seven months after her 100th birthday!
Her husband was Frank M. Thomas, also an actor. He died in November of 1989, 4 months after his 100th birthday.

Her son, Frankie Thomas, who also appeared in Wednesday’s Child in 1934, died in May of 2006 at the age of 85. He was known for the title role in “Tom Corbett, Space Cadet”, a popular TV series in the fifties.

Mona’s last appearance was on Little House in 1981.
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Mona_b10
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Franki10

Last edited by Davetucson on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: DENNIS HOWARD   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 2:26 pm

Gideon’s Dad………….

Dennis Howard is an actor, known for Laurel Canyon (2002), Annie (1999) and Go Tell the Spartans (1978). He is married to Judith Flanagan. They have one child. Dennis has acted in over 70 titles in a career that started in 1977. His wife Judith is also an actress.

Some of his roles were in, Night Stalker, Star Trek, Melrose Place, Dynasty and MASH to name a few.

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Dennis10

Scene From Dynasty
Dennis - Center
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Dennis12

Last edited by Davetucson on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Pitt Herbert born September 25, 1914 , was an American character actor who would appear in several films and television series. Pitt's film credits would include, Return to Peyton Place, Take Her, She's Mine, The Trouble with Girls, The Great White Hope, Superdad, Victory at Entebbe and Harper Valley P.T.A.. His television credits includes Schlitz Playhouse of Stars, Sergeant Preston of the Yukon, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, The Untouchables, Surfside 6, The Twilight Zone, The Dick Van Dyke Show, My Three Sons, Lost in Space, Family Affair, Hawaii Five-O, That Girl, Marcus Welby, M.D., Quincy, M.E., Little House on the Prairie and The Fall Guy, including an episode of the 1960s sitcom, Hogan's Heroes.

Pitt died in Edmonds, Washington on June 23, 1989. He was 74.

One Little House Episode
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Pitt_h10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: JOHN HAYES   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 11:39 am

Who Was The Stilt Man?

John Hayes, born in March of 1930, was a writer, director, editor, producer, and occasional actor who made a wide variety of offbeat and interesting low-budget independent pictures throughout the 60's and 70's. Hayes was born in New York. He began his film career making short movies in the 50's; the 1958 item "The Kiss" was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film. John made his feature length debut with the obscure 1961 drama "The Grass Eater." Hayes went on to make a diverse array of drive-in exploitation outings in such sub-genres as World War II potboilers ("Shell Shock," "The Cut-Throats"), rowdy redneck romps ("The Farmer's Other Daughter," "All the Lovin' Kinfolk"), sleazy crime fare ("Convicts' Women," "Mama's Dirty Girls"), horror ("Dream No Evil," "Garden of the Dead," "Grave of the Vampire"), low-brow comedy ("Up Yours - A Rockin' Comedy"), and even science fiction ("End of the World"). In addition to directing, Hayes usually produced and edited as well as often penned the scripts for his films. John pops up in bit parts in the wholesome Disney family features "The Shaggy D.A." and "Treasure of the Matecumbe." (He also has cameo roles in two of his own movies.) His last directing credit was an episode of the horror anthology TV series "Tales from the Darkside."

He died in August of 2000 at the age of 70.

One Episode of Little House
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 John_h13

Interesting trivia fact about John, he proposed marriage to a 20-something Rue McClanahan of Golden Girls fame after they were together for 4 years, but she turned him down.
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Rue-mc10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: WILEY HARKER   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 8:48 am

The Judge and Uncle Jed..........

Wiley Harker  was born Jan. 27, 1915, to Harry and Laura Wiley Harker. He graduated from Horton High School in Horton, Kan., and attended Kansas City University.

Harker served in the U.S. Navy during World War II. He worked in advertising and worked as a professional actor for more than 50 years.

His acting career included working in a Broadway production of "Hamlet" with Shakespearean actor Maurice Evans in the 1930s and appearing in David Lynch's 1999 film "The Straight Story." He also worked in television, on such shows as "Divorce Court" and "The A Team" and had a role in Very Little Theatre's production of "The Visit."

From 1963 through 2002, he appeared in 32 screen productions.

Died in May of 2007 at 92 years of age.

He Was In One Little House Episode
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Wiley_10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: CLAUDE WOOLMAN   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 9:07 am

Uncle Jed's Attorney

Claude Woolman was born on October 15, 1933 in San Diego, California, USA as Claude Woolman Jenkins. He was an actor and director, known for The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978), Heaven with a Gun (1969) and The $5.20 an Hour Dream (1980).

From 1963 through 1987 he had 17 screen credits. Among them were Cagney and Lacey, Quincy M.E., The Fall Guy, Get Smart and Mission Impossible to name a few. He directed a short called “The Swan Song” in 1972.

He died at the age of 55 on July 5, 1989 in Los Angeles, California.

One Little House Episode
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Claude10
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Claude11

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: ELIZABETH ROGERS   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 11:23 am

Elmer’s Mother Had Another Son In The Navy!

Elizabeth Rogers was born on May 18, 1934 in Austin, Texas, USA as Betty Jayne Rogers. She was an actress, known for An Officer and a Gentleman (1982,  and Grand Theft Auto (1977). She was married to Erik L. Nelson.

Was personal friends of Irwin Allen, and his wife Sheila Allen. Also played in several Irwin Allen movies and television series. From 1965 through 1986 she had thirty screen credits. She appeared on the Waltons, The Towering Inferno, The Poseidon Adventure, Gunsmoke and Bonanza to name a few.

She died at the age of 70 on November 6, 2004 in Tarzana, California, USA.

She Was In One Little House Episode
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Elizab10

Trivia: Besides Elizabeth Rogers in "Officer and A Gentleman", several other Little House Stars Appeared in The Movie. Robert Loggia, Victor French and Lou Gossett Jr.
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Elizab10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: BILL McLENNON   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 12:30 pm

After considering the purchase of Laura and Almanzo’s house, he became Mayor!

Bill McLennon, born in March of 1915, had a very short acting career in which he worked for Michael Landon almost exclusively. He had five screen appearances in 18 years. They included Felony Squad, Little House, Father Murphy and Highway to Heaven.

He passed away in March of 2001 at the age of 86 in North Hollywood, Ca.

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Bill_m10

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Bill_m11

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Jeremy Quinn (Michael Pataki)   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 2:21 pm

I knew this guy was no good when he told Albert to take a hike!

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Pataki11

But after seeing him in "Grave of The Vampire" , I think Albert boy was better off!

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Michae14

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 6:43 pm

Norman Rice was born on March 12, 1938 in Chicago, Illinois, USA as Norman Richard Rice. He was an actor, known for Bloody Birthday (1981), F.I.S.T (1978) and The Monkey Mission (1981).

He was awarded the 1973 Joseph Jefferson Award for Best Cameo Performance for his role in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" at the Arlington Park Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.

He was nominated for a 1973 Joseph Jefferson Award for Best Actor in a Principal Role for his performance in "The Lion in Winter" at the Country Club Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.

Joined Universal Studios as a cost estimator and quickly moved up to heading production facility management, and then to overseeing the Properties Division. Retired in 1997 and moved to Williston, North Dakota.

In 1975, he and the family relocated to Los Angeles. In his 12 years there, he worked as an actor and also designed and built scenery for movies and television shows.

In 1961 he began a career in show business as an actor, director and scenic designer in Chicago-area community theaters. With two friends, he helped found the Old Orchard Country Club Theatre and, over the next decade, produced, directed, acted in and/or designed and built sets for more than 70 shows.

Married his college sweetheart, Linda Lee, in 1960. They had children: Jeffrey, Jennifer, Jessica and Samantha.

He died on August 5, 2009 in Williston, North Dakota at 71 years of age.

One Little House Episode
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Norman10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: EVE MCVEAGH   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 8:17 am

Laura Couldn't Fool Her!

Eve McVeagh was an American actress of film, television, stage, and radio. Born in Ohio, McVeagh moved to Los Angeles in 1923, where she started acting in theater in her teens. McVeagh's film and television career spanned 41 years, and stage career 52 years. McVeagh's roles included leading and supporting parts but she was a fixture in smaller character roles. She is best defined as a versatile workhorse actress of all acting mediums.

Ms. McVeagh is the grandmother of Research Scientist Dr. Paul Robert Appleby from the University of Southern California who has published widely and notably in the areas of drug and HIV prevention. McVeagh raised Dr Appleby as her own; he is her first grandchild.

Although mostly a private person with a large family to raise, Ms McVeagh counted actors Ed Begley, Jr, Conrad Bain, Mary Carver, John Anderson, Phillip Pine, DeForest Kelley, Shelley Winters, Jack Webb, and Charlotte Lawrence among her friends.

McVeagh worked with Alfred Hitchcock on 7 of his television projects: four episodes of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" and two episodes of "The Alfred Hitchcock Hour." Additionally McVeagh co-starred on the Hitchcock-directed episode, "Incident at a Corner", of the television series "Startime.".

She passed away in December of 1997 at the age of 78. Ms McVeagh's memorial service was hosted by actor Ed Begley,Jr - a longtime friend of McVeagh and her family. The service was attended by approximately 200 people at the Hodges Theater in Los Angeles.

Ms McVeagh's contributions to film were recognized by the bestowal of membership in the actor's branch of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Her contributions in film spanned 33 years.She racked up 147 screen credits in an acting career that began in 1946 and lasted until 1987.

McVeagh's career in television began as a primary cast member in the first American network Soap Opera, Faraway Hill. Other notable early television series on which she guest starred included Dragnet and I Love Lucy (as Lucy's hairdresser, Roberta, in the classic "Black Wig" episode). She was featured in three episodes of Perry Mason and two episodes of The Twilight Zone, and was a regular guest on The Johnny Carson Show. Alfred Hitchcock notably hired actors he liked regularly. McVeagh was featured in four episodes of Alfred Hitchcock Presents and two episodes of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour. Additionally McVeagh co-starred on the Hitchcock-directed episode, "Incident at a Corner", of the television series Startime (pictured left). Roles in the 1960s also included Frances Moseby, a series regular, on The Clear Horizon, a recurring character, Miss Hammond, on Petticoat Junction, as well as roles on Bonanza, Ironside and My Three Sons.

McVeagh's first film appearance was a supporting role in the classic High Noon (1952) in which she played Mildred Fuller alongside Gary Cooper and Grace Kelly. In the early 1950s she was under contract with Columbia Pictures. During that time, she co-starred in Tight Spot as Clara Moran playing the sister of Ginger Rogers: Of her performance, The New York Times raved "For our money, the best scene, whipped up by scenarist William Bowers, is the anything-but-tender reunion of Miss Rogers and her sister, Eve McVeagh ... an ugly, blistering pip."[11] Ms. McVeagh was also featured opposite Richard Widmark and Lauren Bacall in The Cobweb as Shirley Irwin. She starred as Viv in The Glass Web, and was featured as Mrs. Clinton in Three in the Attic, Mrs. Masters in The Way West, Mrs. Griggs in Crime & Punishment, USA, a reporter in the Dino De Laurentiis production of King Kong, and The Graduate. Her final co-starring film role was in the independent film Money to Burn (1983) as Vivian. Her last onscreen appearance was a cameo role in Creator (1985) with Peter O'Toole. Ms. McVeagh's contributions to film were recognized by the bestowal of membership in the actor's branch of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Her contributions in film spanned 33 years.

Daughters of Joshua Cabe." McVeagh was a regular on The Red Skelton Show for its last season. She also regularly performed in guest spots in Room 222 and McMillan & Wife. A favorite of Lucille Ball going back to I Love Lucy, she again appeared with her on Here's Lucy. She also guest starred in Love, American Style, and was featured in Little House on the Prairie, The Streets of San Francisco, The Bionic Woman, Charlie's Angels, The Jeffersons, Lou Grant, The Incredible Hulk, Knots Landing, Hill Street Blues, Hunter, and Airwolf. She rounded out the 1970s on a high note as socialite Helen Carrington in the 1979 critically acclaimed television movie Murder by Natural Causes with Hal Holbrook. In the 1980s, her last decade in entertainment, McVeagh co-starred in an episode of Michael Landon's Highway to Heaven and was featured in two episodes of Simon & Simon. McVeagh guest starred in a 1985 episode of Cagney and Lacey as Dorothy Gantney, the grief-stricken mother of a murder victim in the "The Psychic". McVeagh's last television credit was in 1987 as the guest star of the PBS show Square One TV as Mrs. Swaggle.

One Episode Of Little House
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Eve_mc10

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: MICHAEL AND ANITA   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:11 pm

Trivia Fact! Michael Prince and Anita Dangler both appeared in separate episodes on Little House On The Prairie. What do they have in common? They were married for many years. They both died in 2000 in Los Angeles, California.  He died first in February and she passed on thirteen days later in March.
David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Anita_10

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Michae15

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:55 pm

Were they married when they died or divorced?

-------
Since too many posts were made, this topic has been divided automatically. You can find the rest of this topic here :
https://lhotp.editboard.com/t11410-david-s-little-house-star-profiles-and-trivia

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 MarilynKeeper David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40