Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A fan ponders some questions

Go down 
+7
Rhonda
Rob
Davetucson
Krissy
Praire Girl
bethandmanly
littlehouselover
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:17 pm

I found this and it's probably him, same college, etc. This was 2005.
Jonathan Gilbert Joins Marlin & Associates Marlin & Associates (M&A), a New York-based investment banking advisory and consulting firm, announced that Jonathan Gilbert, has joined the firm expanding, its transaction experience. Jonathan joins M&A after completing his MBA studies in finance from the Zicklin School of Business at Baruch College. Jonathan began his career at The Bank of New York, helping to meet the financial needs of numerous small and middle-market businesses. He then worked as a senior project manager with the New York City Economic Development Corporation consulting executives from start-up to multinational high-tech and finance companies. Prior to returning for his MBA, Jonathan served as an assistant vice president at JPMorgan Chase & Co. in the Global Finance group where he was responsible for the management reporting of over $400 million annually. "With Jonathan joining our team, M&A now has another strong transaction professional with expertise and credibility advising corporate executives and board members in the areas of high technology, software, online information and business services," said Ken Marlin, M&A's managing partner, in the press release.

Here is more info and a pic: (they keep moving in this job, not many stay in one company, he moved on to Quench)

Jonathan Gilbert, Director of Corporate Development

Jon joined Quench in 2010 to lead the company’s growth through acquisitions. Prior to Quench, Jon served as a Vice President at Fairmount Partners where he focused on providing merger and acquisition, financings and general financial advisory services to private and public companies in the clean technology, media, telecom, information and business services sectors. He has extensive finanicial consulting experience with The Bank of New York, the New York City Economic Development Corporation, JPMorgan Chase & Co., and Marlin & Associates. Jon earned a BA in economics from Hamilton College and an MBA in Finance & Investments from the Zicklin School of Business at Baruch College.

Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Snpjk4

Last edited by littlehouselover on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:26 pm

littlehouselover wrote:
I would never recognize him now...supposedly a stockbroker in NYC>

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/house-prairie-gallery-1.1039834?pmSlide=22

A nice side show of LHOP people. I know some people said it wasn't him in another post but why would they put a picture that wasn't...just leave him out of the group of updates if they didn't have it.?

I know Melissa G didn't talk of him much in her book and I got the impression they aren't that close but whatever he's doing, I hope he is well.
It's hard to imagine no one has ever asked her about him in the past.

No, that is not him....eyes changed colors....chin is different and so is the nose......this picture was posted in another thread and we talked about it not being him....there just aren't any pics of him because he seems to want it that way..... No

Where Are They Now?

Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Rhonda10Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:43 pm

It's just a coincidence that they went to the same colleges and have the same job or are you saying that is the part that is made up.
I thought the chin, etc. was close and people do wear contacts but it has been 30 years.

If it is him, the company wouldn't post a bogus picture so it's either his history is wrong that has been on the Internet or it is him.

Maybe someone posted he went to Hamilton College etc and he never did. Things posted on the Internet do take on a life on their own. I wonder if the guy who does work in NYC gets people asking him if he's "Willie". : )

Last I read MG said he just took off and left them, hope he ended up okay.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:23 pm

There could be someone with the name Jonathan Gilbert.....there are people out there with the same names.....I know there are several of me running around....Lord, help us all. But the picture posted with the info on Jon Gilbert isn't him either.....facial structure isn't right. The other pic, the chins are close, but one is a bit thinner..... scratchead

Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Rhonda10Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Lauram10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:28 pm

Oh I'm sure there are thousands but I meant that in all the Jonathan Gilbert (Willie) bios they mention he went to Hamilton College etc like they guy above. I don't know how that started.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Info from Prairie Fams about Jonathan. Thumbsup

Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Jbio
Jonathan Gilbert/Willie Oleson

Little House on the Prairie NBC TV Cast Information

Jonathan Gilbert was born July 10, 1968 to Barbara and Paul Gilbert. His sister in real life is half pint herself, Melissa Gilbert. Jonathan is the best known as cute and funny Willie Oleson from the "Little House on the Prairie" popular series.

His acting talent wasn't the only thing taken into consideration during casting. Gilbert has received his role because his elder sister Melissa had already gotten another (Laura Ingalls)! Jonathan has only played in the "Little House" series, four "Little House" TV-movies and "The Miracle Worker" TV-movie (also with Melissa), though he has never official given up on acting!

Today he lives in New York and works as stock broker. According to Melissa, he is doing very well.

UPDATE: 11/03 -- Alison Arngrim gave fans an update on Jonathan on her Web site. Below are her comments.

"Now Willie (Jonathan Gilbert), is a little more difficult, his own sister Melissa, has trouble keeping track of him. (That's right. "Laura" and "Willie" are real life brother and sister.) He was stockbroker in New York for a while, but at last call that I heard, had become a Buddhist and was doing marvelous things for the poor in Africa and Central America. Go figure. I always said he was a good boy, really."

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:38 pm

The whole thing is a bit odd. He must have went to college to be a stockbroker, I don't know about the Buddhist tidbit since Allison could have been being funny but I hope he's happy. He obviously at stated, wants to be anonymous and either his family is honoring that or really dont' know. It must have been a big rift.
I don't know how he felt about LHOP but he gave many people smiles.

I know once you put something on the net though it stays. I work for a medical office and we have so much information out there, sites that say our number or address that aren't our official page and we can't do anything about it. Some are "ratings" sites, others just "find a doctor" but it's all wrong. There might be a lot of info out there, but it isn't always correct.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:41 pm

Take it from a guy who knows, there are NO current pics of Jonathon on the net.
NONE....... I read about the Africa thing and then I read last year he was doing theatre in Pasadena. Until you hear from Melissa, or Jonathon himself, DO NOT believe what you read.

Last edited by Davetucson on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 7:12 pm

Lucky for him, he isn't a "wanted old celebrity" or he'd have the Star paying someone to find him as they do with some old child stars. I think most of the time they are trying to find them to show them either looking awful or still gorgeous so they can say "Remember this person??"

I wish him well and hope he's just reclusive and not on hard times. You tend to think the worst when people lie about someone or obviously don't want to talk about it. It usually isn't as bad as you think though.
I used to have ancestry.com and you could look up so many people with DOB, see marriages, etc. It's scary how much is out there now.

I like seeing child stars like Brandon Cruz from Courtship of Eddie's Father or the kid from Donna Reed or Ricky Segal...it's nice to see they survived and are hanging in with the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Praire Girl wrote:
Lucky for him, he isn't a "wanted old celebrity" or he'd have the Star paying someone to find him as they do with some old child stars. I think most of the time they are trying to find them to show them either looking awful or still gorgeous so they can say "Remember this person??"

I wish him well and hope he's just reclusive and not on hard times. You tend to think the worst when people lie about someone or obviously don't want to talk about it. It usually isn't as bad as you think though.
I used to have ancestry.com and you could look up so many people with DOB, see marriages, etc. It's scary how much is out there now.

I like seeing child stars like Brandon Cruz from Courtship of Eddie's Father or the kid from Donna Reed or Ricky Segal...it's nice to see they survived and are hanging in with the rest of us.

I'm with you, I hope he's doing what he wants to do and is doing well........
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 2:17 am

Yes...There were exactly my thoughts...Why is he hiding so much? I'm afraid he is not doing well. No But maybe these are just my imagination and he is only wanting to keep his privacy safe and far away of curious eyes... scratchead

Vanesa.

Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 2:23 am

Praire Girl wrote:
It doesn't really matter now but I never saw the need to add James and Cassandra. Albert was still young enough and they could have had guest stars for him to interact with or develop Willie's friendship with him.
To have another 2 children in an already cramped home and kill off 2 parents that way seemed more of a ratings booster for a week. James didn't add or delete from the show and although Cassandra was adorable, she became "Carrie" and Grace was still small. (although you could tell she would be a little spit-fire later)

You've said it: Cassandra became Carrie. So; if Greenbush Twins couldn't act....Why didn't they change them by Missy Francis and named her "Carrie"?

Nevertheless, I think that Greenbush Twins could had some acting lessons and being good actresses. I cab't said they were bad ones, because they spoke so few words in the latter seasons that I can't really decide... Huh?

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 6:47 am

I agree to a point. My thought if she was just given a coach for a few lines. it would have been fine. I agree with the twins when they said they weren't given much to do and it was noticeable to even less die-hard fans, she wasn't given any lines after a while and it seemed like Charles just ignored them because conversation couldn't exist. Just to have Carrie answer a question at school, "That was Minnesota" doesn't need a coach..."Can I go fishing with you and Laura?" shouldn't have been too hard...having the conversation with Charles and Laura be prominent while fishing, but have Carrie catch a big fish, say something about it and then go to another scene...things like that once in a while. Even when she was working on her homework, they had her ask to use the outhouse and say she couldn't understand it..very weird.

Maybe it was something else, behind the scenes squabbles but overall Little House was about Laura and Cassandra and James weren't on long enough to have many story lines. I think Albert was enough and versatile enough to be the last member of the family.

Last edited by littlehouselover on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 7:05 am

Davetucson wrote:
Take it from a guy who knows, there are NO current pics of Jonathon on the net.
NONE....... I read about the AFrica thing and then I read last year he was doing theatre in Pasadena. Until you hear from him or Melissa, or Jonathon himself, DO NOT believe what you read.

I know what you mean, there is a Jon Gilbert if you google the Newport Beach Theatre Company which was mentioned at a fan gathering in 2005,(actuallythe guy that built the little house replica quoted it on his website) but it looks nothing like him...it's like they pick out Jonathan Gilbert's and just give those backgrou nds to him. Kind of sad in a way. As you said, I hope he is well. Maybe one day.

Was he friends at all with his male co-stars on the show?

On a side note, here's a short interview with Lindsay I hadn't seen before...she had a crush on "Willie" : )
http://www.cultfilmfreak.com/lindsaygreenbush/
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Jonathon Gilbert   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:44 am

This is How You Gotta Remember Jonathon............

In Hawaii With His Sisters

Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Jonath14
Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Jonath15
Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Jonath16

Rob Lowe, Melissa, Jonathon
Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Jonath17
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 10:33 am

The all didn't really change that much...so cute!
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 7:33 am

Not the best pic but I've never seen it before, the whole family. The second is adorable

[url=Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 1enymv][IMG][url=https://2img.net/h/oi47.tinypic.com/fmn96p.jpg" border="0" alt=""/>]Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Fmn96p[/url]

I found this quote on the Greenbush site..this picture seems to match the birthday.
Lindsay and Sidney attended Sara Gilbert's 3rd birthday party. The party was planned by Melissa and Jonathan Gilbert, and included pony rides, a puppet show, and of course lots of burgers, soft drinks, ice cream and cake. Other guests included Shawna & Christopher Landon.

Last edited by littlehouselover on Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:22 am

littlehouselover wrote:
I agree to a point. My thought if she was just given a coach for a few lines. it would have been fine. I agree with the twins when they said they weren't given much to do and it was noticeable to even less die-hard fans, she wasn't given any lines after a while and it seemed like Charles just ignored them because conversation couldn't exist. Just to have Carrie answer a question at school, "That was Minnesota" doesn't need a coach..."Can I go fishing with you and Laura?" shouldn't have been too hard...having the conversation with Charles and Laura be prominent while fishing, but have Carrie catch a big fish, say something about it and then go to another scene...things like that once in a while. Even when she was working on her homework, they had her ask to use the outhouse and say she couldn't understand it..very weird.

Maybe it was something else, behind the scenes squabbles but overall Little House was about Laura and Cassandra and James weren't on long enough to have many story lines. I think Albert was enough and versatile enough to be the last member of the family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 8:45 pm

I love the pony picture. Everyone is very dapper looking.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:29 pm

They look great those three siblings! Thanks for posting those beatiful pictures... Love loveheart

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 10:59 am

Smile nice pics.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A fan ponders some questions   Laura - A fan ponders some questions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A fan ponders some questions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2