Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A New Look for Little House

Go down 
+5
Savannah
LIWnut
georgiagirl1993
Rhonda
Carol
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Happy010

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Empty
PostSubject: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptyFri Jun 01, 2007 5:20 pm

Looks like the books have new covers. What do you think? reader

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House 9780060885373 Little House in the Big Woods

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House 9780060885397 Little House on the Prairie

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House 9780060885380 Farmer Boy

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House 9780060885403 On the Banks of Plum Creek

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House 9780060885410 By the Shores of Silver Lake

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House 9780060885427 The Long Winter

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House 9780060885434 Little Town on the Prairie

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House 9780060885441 These Happy Golden Years

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House 9780060885458 The First Four Years

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Purple2

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptyFri Jun 01, 2007 5:38 pm

I think Lennon posted about the new look over at PT. The stories are the same, just a 'realistic' look on the cover......... Thumbsup

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Rhonda10HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
georgiagirl1993
Town Business Owner
Town Business Owner
georgiagirl1993

Number of posts : 1585
Mood : HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptyFri Jun 01, 2007 7:52 pm

I think they look great but always prefer the original covers!But wouldn't it be cool if they used pictures of NBC LHOTP like with Melissa,Karen,Micheal,Dean,and all of them!?

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Keeper
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Last edited by on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptySat Jun 02, 2007 6:45 pm

I prefer the old cover for 'These Happy Golden Years'. That guy just does not look like Almanzo to me... he looks more like Orlando Bloom grinsmiley

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptySat Jun 02, 2007 7:13 pm

Don't like them, not one bit!!!!
Garth Williams' illustrations are missing. To me, they help tell the story. I won't be buying them!!

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House MarilynKeeper HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Purple2

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptySat Jun 02, 2007 9:02 pm

Well, I heard Almanzo had black hair....and in Beyond the Prairie, the actor did have the black hair....... batEyes

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Rhonda10HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptySat Jun 02, 2007 10:31 pm

LIWnut wrote:
Garth Williams' illustrations are missing. To me, they help tell the story. I won't be buying them!!

:DittoS:
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptySun Jun 03, 2007 12:37 am

LIWnut wrote:

I'll be buying the ones with the old covers... Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 8:37 am

I don't like them. But then, I don't take to change very easily. I'm sure that that surprises you all very much. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 12:17 pm

I sort of like them. They look nice and a lot of books have this "realistic" look on the covers I think, but I like the originals myself with the illustrations. They're classic. But I see why they're redesigning the covers - maybe to try to draw in a new group of young readers.

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House ChristinaKeeper2 HOUSE - A New Look for Little House 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 6:46 pm

Carol, we really need to get you a set of LH books. If you don't soon get some, I'll have to take up an offering and raise money to get them for you.
I have almost 3 complete sets!! One hardcover set with dustjackets, one set of Sewell illustrated originals and almost one complete set of the 2004 coloured editions with Garth William's pics.

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House MarilynKeeper HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Bookclub2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 3:39 pm

I honestly dont like them....for girls of today reding them thats fine. BUT! I must prefer my old collection wich was had the printing date in the at least 15 years before my own birth, the paper always had a perculioar smell and it takes me back to childhood learning to read on these books. I wouldnt trade them for anything Nor would I buy a new set if mine happen to just fall apart....which after 30 years theya re starting to show wear of 10 moves and 30 years on my shelves.
Back to top Go down
GrandDuchessOlga
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
GrandDuchessOlga

Number of posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 3:44 pm

I actually thought that it was Melissa Gilbert and Melissa Sue A. on the first cover and thought "wow covers with the LHOP stars. cool" but I agree. "Almanzo" doesn´t look like an Almanzo to me even though he probably resembles the real Almanzo more... What is up with the last cover. Is that Rose, if it is she´s very old... not the little girl in the book...

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Audrey
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 3:59 pm

luvinlhop wrote:
I wouldnt trade them for anything Nor would I buy a new set if mine happen to just fall apart....which after 30 years theya re starting to show wear of 10 moves and 30 years on my shelves.

You can still buy the old sets with Garth's illustrations. I suggest you invest in the hardcover sets, they will last a lifetime!!

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptyMon May 26, 2008 10:22 am

The new covers are okay, but I definitely like the Garth Williams illustrations much better!

Now, these books don't have any illustrations, right? I *think* I flipped through one of the books and didn't see an illustration, but I could be wrong (hope I am!). When I read the books when I was younger, I loved looking at Garth's drawings.

I'm currently rereading the series and rereading my big first five novels in one with the illustrations in color. I think that's kinda neat, but I think I like the illustrations the best in black and white.

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptyMon May 26, 2008 3:42 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
The new covers are okay, but I definitely like the Garth Williams illustrations much better!

Now, these books don't have any illustrations, right? I *think* I flipped through one of the books and didn't see an illustration, but I could be wrong (hope I am!).

Nope, they don't have the illustrations. What a rip off. I will never buy them.

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptyTue May 27, 2008 11:29 am

Yuck! What a bad choice! No Just as long as they don't dummy the books down like they are with the extra years books.

I do think it's interesting that the cover for "By the Shores of Silver Lake" is similar to Garth's cover.

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptyTue May 27, 2008 7:57 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
Yuck! What a bad choice! No Just as long as they don't dummy the books down like they are with the extra years books.

I do think it's interesting that the cover for "By the Shores of Silver Lake" is similar to Garth's cover.

I think I remember reading that Laura's books were the only ones they weren't "dummying down". Such a shame that they're doing that to the other years, though. No

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House ChristinaKeeper2 HOUSE - A New Look for Little House 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Happy011

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House EmptyTue May 27, 2008 8:55 pm

I Will never buy them either i hate em

HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Jacobk10HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Look for Little House   HOUSE - A New Look for Little House Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Look for Little House
Page 1 of 1