Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Dean is Ill

Go down 
+8
bethandmanly
Rhonda
Gin
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
Amy
Rob
Kamberley
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Deem714
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 68
Mood : dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 Party010

dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dean is Ill   dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 10:16 pm

The girl and the hair. It could be clean, but the mother might not know about how to keep her daughter's hair untangled. I grew up before the invention of detangler and I went through hell when my mother would brush my hair. I would literally run away. She might also not use conditioner. I can't stand my hair without conditioner.

I had a girl last year who would always come in unkempt (she was 3rd grade and knew how to take care of herself) I would bring in detangler and give her a hairbrush and let her take care of herself in school since she was obviously not getting that sort of care and attention at home.

I taught her and my other girls with hair like hers (straight, thick and not afro (sorry) ) to take a shower at night, use pleanty of consitioner, rinse it out well with cool water, comb it straight, braid it and go to bed. It will come out not only relatively neat and untangled in the morning, but also wavy.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: My Dean is Ill   dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:08 am

Kamberley wrote:
The sick thing doesn't surprise me, I can think back to when I was working & how many people came to work while being so so sick.

This is such a tough one. It's so annoying when people go to work sick, and of course 'they say' to stay home, but you get in trouble if you take too many days off! Lord knows bosses get sick of parents taking work off work to care for sick kids, too. They may 'say' they are a family oriented company, but when push comes to shove they want you there at all costs. Blue

Kamberly wrote:
What does surprise me is this little girl in the class who has long hair, that looks like her Mom hasn't washed it in weeks. It's always in the same ponytail that the little girl has slept in over & over. The Mom has clean hair banghead I just wanna say, I'll take her to the bathroom & wash her hair for ya lady.

Don't even get me started. Ranting I worked in the school system and there is nothing worse than seeing (and smelling) little kids coming to school with poor hygene. Sorry, there is no excuse for neglect. Everyone can afford a bottle of shampoo. Yikes

Rob wrote:
Not your fault at all. You were doing what you thought was best. Are they pursuing another line of treatment?

I'm with Rob & Krissy...you didn't know! No I hope whatever you are doing now will help him. How awful! Blue
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: My Dean is Ill   dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 4:41 pm

If parents have grantparents or aunts to look afther them if they are sick,that could be something they could do.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Kamberley
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kamberley

Number of posts : 628
Mood : dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: My Dean is Ill   dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Amy wrote:

Rob wrote:
Not your fault at all. You were doing what you thought was best. Are they pursuing another line of treatment?

I'm with Rob & Krissy...you didn't know! No I hope whatever you are doing now will help him. How awful! Blue

Thanks Rob, Krissy & Amy His eyes are looking much better & he told me that the new drops don't hurt. He is very happy because I let him go to school today. school
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: My Dean is Ill   dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:48 pm

Good news, Kamberley! Thanks for keeping us posted.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: My Dean is Ill   dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 2:48 pm

That's great! Thumbsup Cute that he wanted to go to school! These are the years when kids never complain about going! HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: My Dean is Ill   dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 5:36 pm

Tea bags help when they have swelling on the arms from shots too. Madison always swells bad and runs a high fever so I tape tea bags to his upper arms. He asks for them now...he knows they work.

dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Deem714
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 68
Mood : dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 Party010

PostSubject: Re: My Dean is Ill   dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Gin... what "kind" of tea bags?? Steeped or fresh out of the lipton box??
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: My Dean is Ill   dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:38 pm

good news Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Dean is Ill   dean - My Dean is Ill - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Dean is Ill
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2