Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tear-jerker Little House episodes

Go down 
+20
Harrietfan
Shell
Ruth
Gin
Teresa
Lynette
Kristina
RoseRed
GrandDuchessOlga
carolineingalls
Vanesa
ChristinaAL
Rhonda
Debbie
LHDaisy
LIWnut
Kathleen Marie
HarrisonCrosby4387
bethandmanly
Carol
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 540

House - Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   House - Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 6:31 pm

Carol wrote:
Well you can say that the entire show was a tear jerker, even when Blanche faked being shot  🤠  ... okay I'm kidding on that one ....  Laughing

There were really some silly episodes in Little House... but the show is known to have some really sentimental episodes.  Which are the episodes that made you cry?   bawling

============

Some that make me cry without fail are:

Look Back to Yesterday and The Last Farewell
SCHOOL MOM really got to me the last time I watched it. I think I was close to sobbing. Probably when Mrs. Oleson comes in and is so hateful and Abel is going to stop going to school.

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD can really get to me sometimes.

COUNTRY GIRLS also.....to me it is so emotional, but in a good way, when Laura gives her "essay" and especially when Ma makes Laura show Miss Beadle what she really wrote. I think it is so sweet how Miss Beadle just comments about Laura's spelling improving (or whatever she says) instead of chastising Laura for not really reading what she wrote. And then when Laura turns and looks at Miss Beadle just beaming at her as she and Ma walk away...love it so much! Miss Beadle is the perfect teacher!

I think it kind of depends on the mood I'm in when I watch.

Last edited by amyk on Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   House - Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 6:36 pm

Guest wrote:
oh there are really too many to name but I agree with most of you: really sad are a lot of parts in The Lord is my Shepherd. What really got me last time I saw it was when Caroline and Charles start reciting the psalter at the doctors office.
You have too know: To show things llike this is very unusual for German TV. My pastor o´nce said: In Germany you can talk about everything on TV, but you'll almost never see uncommented religous faith.
Therefore the episodes where a stron christian believe is shown get me especially, since I'm always amazed and glad that this is at least sometimes still possible.
I also can get pretty emotional over that scene in THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD. That psalm is so often used at funerals and so well-known, and I think it has probably brought some comfort to so many who are grieving a loved one. I think it is really sweet how both Charles and Caroline say it with such emotion. As I recall, I think there are times when one or the other of them may not even be able to actually say all the words. Such excellent acting. I feel like they are really portraying what parents of a baby who died like that may feel in that scene.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   House - Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 6:41 pm

Teresa wrote:
"I'll Be Waving as You Drive Away" always makes me cry.  Especially when Mary wakes up in the morning and realizes she is blind.  That whole scene was acted so well by Melissa Sue Anderson.
That's a great scene. Makes me wonder how I would react if I lost my sight. Another scene I really like in that episode is when Mary realizes there is a mirror on the dresser at the blind school (and why is there a mirrror?! I presume that maybe the dresser is just donated and nobody thought they should remove the mirror?) .... she thinks about how she will never be able to look at herself in a mirror again. I just really thought Melissa Sue Anderson did an excellent job portraying someone who lost her sight, with the anger, self-pity, etc. - all emotions which I am sure that many of us would feel if we were in a situation like that.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   House - Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 6:43 pm

Charlie Ingalls wrote:
Which of these episodes from Season 1 do you guys think were emotional?

1. A Harvest of Friends
2. Country Girls
3. 100 Mile Walk
4. Town Party, Country Party
5. The Lord is My Shepherd
6. Christmas at Plum Creek
How about all of them??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   House - Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tear-jerker Little House episodes
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3