Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP

Go down 
+25
MikeInFla
jes9
Charles Angles
Savannah
LauraIngallsfan
Cetacea
julmer70
Rob
littlehouselover
Rhonda
lauraingalls79
Toby
JW
Gin
Shell
LIWnut
Chris40
MissOleson
Amy
Muriel88
Lori
Krissy
carolineingalls
Davetucson
Carol
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 Bokmal10

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptySun May 03, 2015 1:21 pm

Yes, there is extended conversation between Laura, Albert, Andy and Kezia

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptySun May 03, 2015 6:13 pm

It looks like we may be getting season six on July 14th.  There hasn't been an official announcement, but Best Buy has the pre-order links up.  

We should get the final part of The Little House Phenomenon as a special feature and we can always hope that they decide to give us The Little House Years as another special feature.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptySun May 03, 2015 7:08 pm

Thanks for the info Dave, I am going to try to watch that tonight!

And Toby, looking forward to season 6 with "Family Tree". yes

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptySun May 03, 2015 11:50 pm

Toby what you said about hearing that the quality if the old DVDs gets worse starting with season 5 is definitely true! I just hadn't noticed until after I had watched the remastered for a while. Tonight I did a side by side comparison for a shot of Laura in the Lake Kezia Monster. Old DVD to remastered DVD is even more amazing in season five than it was in season 1! Check out the images below!

Old DVD:
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 Laura_10

Remastered DVD:
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 Laura_11

Also, here is a comparison of the opening scene... the first picture is the old DVD from season 2, the second picture is the old DVD from season 5. You can really tell how the quality gets worse with season 5!

Old DVDs, season 2:
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 Openin10

Old DVDs, season 5:
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 Openio10

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:45 am

LauraIngallsfan wrote:
Toby what you said about hearing that the quality if the old DVDs gets worse starting with season 5 is definitely true! I just hadn't noticed until after I had watched the remastered for a while. Tonight I did a side by side comparison for a shot of Laura in the Lake Kezia Monster. Old DVD to remastered DVD is even more amazing in season five than it was in season 1! Check out the images below!

That is a huge difference. Luckily from what I remember from Vudu, none of the remastered seasons suffer a huge drop in quality. Even though Little House is my favorite show, I only ended up owning the first four seasons of the old DVDs due to the prices that were charged at the time and the bad reviews I kept reading. I ended up getting the first two from Columbia House and 3 and 4 bundled together for $15 from Walmart, but I always held out hope that they would be remastered and done right.
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 7:43 am

Toby wrote:
That is a huge difference.  Luckily from what I remember from Vudu, none of the remastered seasons suffer a huge drop in quality.  Even though Little House is my favorite show, I only ended up owning the first four seasons of the old DVDs due to the prices that were charged at the time and the bad reviews I kept reading.  I ended up getting the first two from Columbia House and 3 and 4 bundled together for $15 from Walmart, but I always held out hope that they would be remastered and done right.

I wonder what caused the drop in quality starting with season 5 on the old DVDs? Was it maybe just the tapes they took it from were older or something like that? Anyway, I am so glad they are all being remastered now... It is just way better!

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 3:46 pm

LauraIngallsfan wrote:

Old DVD:
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 Laura_10

Remastered DVD:
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 Laura_11

Wow!!  What a difference...

Also... I don't know if any of you have tried the Auto Motion Plus feature on the newer TVs... that makes the scenes even more modern... Looks like you are there watching the show being filmed...

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 Horses10
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 11:00 pm

No, I haven't Carol... I watch them off of my computer and I don't even have a TV. HeeHee

Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 2:39 am

Carol wrote:
Also... I don't know if any of you have tried the Auto Motion Plus feature on the newer TVs... that makes the scenes even more modern... Looks like you are there watching the show being filmed...

My TV doesn't have that unfortunately. I was at my friend's house last year and the image quality on his TV was noticeably better than mine. It was clear like looking through a window and you could easily tell when something had been filmed in front of a green screen, so I'm guessing he probably had Auto Motion Plus. I'm looking forward to re-watching my Blu-ray collection once I get a TV with this feature.
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 6:08 pm

Season six on July 14 is official and I have already pre-ordered my copy from Amazon.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 Lhotp_10

Lionsgate Press Release:

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Laura Ingalls’ life changes forever when Almanzo Wilder arrives in Walnut Creek. See their relationship blossom in the Little House on the Prairie: Season Six Deluxe Remastered Edition, arriving for the first time on Blu-ray (plus Digital HD) and DVD (plus Digital) July 14 from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. The 5-disc Season Six set includes 24 newly restored, remastered and uncut broadcast length episodes and the final installment of the all-new 40th anniversary-themed special feature, “The Little House Phenomenon - Part Six: A Lasting Legacy.” The Little House On The Prairie: Season Six Deluxe Remastered Edition will be available on Blu-ray and DVD for the suggested retail price of $24.99 and $21.98, respectively. All nine fully restored and remastered seasons of Little House on the Prairie are currently available on Digital HD.

When Almanzo Wilder and his sister Eliza Jane move to Walnut Grove in the sixth season of this cherished series, life will never be the same for Laura Ingalls. Fully restored and remastered, all 24 uncut episodes shine with quality picture and sound, bringing new excitement to memorable moments like Mary’s stagecoach accident, Albert’s challenging adoption, Nels’ reunion with his circus sideshow sister, Laura and Mary’s captivity by escaped convicts, the fatal fire at the school for the blind, Almanzo’s unrequited marriage proposal to Laura and countless more must-see moments!

BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES*
• “The Little House Phenomenon - Part Six: “A Lasting Legacy”
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 6:24 pm

LauraIngallsfan wrote:
No, I haven't Carol... I watch them off of my computer and I don't even have a TV. HeeHee

grinsmiley LauraIngallsfan.  Well if we lived close I'd invite you to watch an episode with that feature on.  Looks pretty neat if I say so myself  greenS  Thumbsup

Toby wrote:

My TV doesn't have that unfortunately.  I was at my friend's house last year and the image quality on his TV was noticeably better than mine.  It was clear like looking through a window and you could easily tell when something had been filmed in front of a green screen, so I'm guessing he probably had Auto Motion Plus.  I'm looking forward to re-watching my Blu-ray collection once I get a TV with this feature.  

He probably had that feature turned on.  I've seen them on Samsung TVs so far only... but I'm sure other have them, just with a different name.
I honestly love it but there ARE times when I would rather watch the movie with that "movie look" lol.  For example, I once turned it on while watching "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" and right away, it made me feel like I was on the set and watching these men wearing monkey/ape/gorilla suits  Laughing   It just looked too real.  But on other films like Pirates of the Caribbean or Ironman... there are some scenes that look amazing!

The first episode I watched with this feature on was Castoffs.  Never had I seen the Ingalls house so realistic looking, it was pretty neat to see!  I have been so busy I haven't had time to watch any of the Season 5 episode but looking forward to watching the first one with this feature on! :)

Below are some Pros and Cons there is about this feature:

Pros and Cons

One of the biggest reasons people like this technology is that it has the ability to present a more life-like picture. The edges of each object are very clearly defined, and images move smoothly without interruption. Picture quality is so clear with this feature that it is often compared to viewing unedited film or images from a home video camera — they are sometimes described as being raw and true to life.

These same characteristics can be unwanted, too, though, depending on the context. Not all films are enhanced by the “live action effect” that this technology so often brings, and some people argue that it actually takes away something of the art of cinematography and film editing, at least in feature films. The feature may also reduce the level of contrast between dark and light colors on the screen, which can change the way certain shapes or characters are perceived.

Here is a picture difference.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 Blurred-wind-turbine-image
A television without Auto Motion Plus technology would show a somewhat blurred image of a fast-moving wind turbine.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 Sharp-view-wind-turbine-image
A television with Auto Motion Plus technology would provide a sharp image of a wind turbine in motion.

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 6:26 pm

Toby wrote:
Season six on July 14 is official and I have already pre-ordered my copy from Amazon.  

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 Lhotp_10

Yesssss! And I love the cover! fiesta happy1 Applause

Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 7:53 pm

Carol wrote:
Toby wrote:

My TV doesn't have that unfortunately.  I was at my friend's house last year and the image quality on his TV was noticeably better than mine.  It was clear like looking through a window and you could easily tell when something had been filmed in front of a green screen, so I'm guessing he probably had Auto Motion Plus.  I'm looking forward to re-watching my Blu-ray collection once I get a TV with this feature.  

He probably had that feature turned on.  I've seen them on Samsung TVs so far only... but I'm sure other have them, just with a different name.
I honestly love it but there ARE times when I would rather watch the movie with that "movie look" lol.  For example, I once turned it on while watching "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" and right away, it made me feel like I was on the set and watching these men wearing monkey/ape/gorilla suits  Laughing   It just looked too real.  But on other films like Pirates of the Caribbean or Ironman... there are some scenes that look amazing!

The first episode I watched with this feature on was Castoffs.  Never had I seen the Ingalls house so realistic looking, it was pretty neat to see!  I have been so busy I haven't had time to watch any of the Season 5 episode but looking forward to watching the first one with this feature on! :)

Below are some Pros and Cons there is about this feature:

Pros and Cons

One of the biggest reasons people like this technology is that it has the ability to present a more life-like picture. The edges of each object are very clearly defined, and images move smoothly without interruption. Picture quality is so clear with this feature that it is often compared to viewing unedited film or images from a home video camera — they are sometimes described as being raw and true to life.

These same characteristics can be unwanted, too, though, depending on the context. Not all films are enhanced by the “live action effect” that this technology so often brings, and some people argue that it actually takes away something of the art of cinematography and film editing, at least in feature films. The feature may also reduce the level of contrast between dark and light colors on the screen, which can change the way certain shapes or characters are perceived.

I haven't had too much experience with the feature besides possibly my friend's TV, but I'm guessing that stuff filmed outside without fake looking props probably looks the best with the feature turned on, while stuff that depends on costumes, CGI, or green screens probably looks too fake.  Indoor sets with props made to look like they are outdoors probably also look too fake with the feature turned on.
Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 7:58 pm

I was looking at the episodes for season 6. I don't think Little House Years will be realease on season 6. I'm very disappointed I was hoping it would be. It's just the 24 like they say in the press realease. I'm almost done with season 3 now. I pretty sure everything that I have seen is full length to all the episodes that I have watch. I just have 3 more to go.

Chris
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyTue May 05, 2015 10:11 pm

Toby wrote:

Looks good Toby! I am going to probably hold out on season 6 until the price comes down like the rest of them.

Carol wrote:
grinsmiley LauraIngallsfan.  Well if we lived close I'd invite you to watch an episode with that feature on.  Looks pretty neat if I say so myself  greenS  Thumbsup

Yes, we live just a little too far apart... Laughing

Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 2:50 am

Chris40 wrote:
I was looking at the episodes for season 6. I don't think Little House Years will be realease on season 6. I'm very disappointed I was hoping it would be. It's just the 24 like they say in the press realease. I'm almost done with season 3 now. I pretty sure everything that I have seen is full length to all the episodes that I have watch. I just have 3 more to go. Chris

I was hoping for the Little House Years, but it doesn't look like it's going to be included. I had a feeling it wouldn't be since it wasn't included with season 6 on Digital HD. There may be a missing scene from season six also. I don't personally remember, but someone posted somewhere that on season six Digital HD in May We Make Them Proud, there is a scene with Nellie serving a customer raw chicken that occurred as Albert came to give Mary the music box which wasn't there.

I still consider us lucky because I was recently reading a list of TV shows that never had all their seasons released on DVD including Who's The Boss and Murphy Brown which both had four seasons that finished in the top ten in the ratings.

LauraIngallsfan wrote:
Toby wrote:

Looks good Toby! I am going to probably hold out on season 6 until the price comes down like the rest of them.:

I'll pay that much if I have too, but Amazon has the pre-order guarantee and I'm holding out hope that the price will come down before release day like the rest of the seasons. The most I paid for a season was $18.96 for season 1. The rest of them ended up being under $18 by release day.
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 7:48 am

Toby wrote:
I'll pay that much if I have too, but Amazon has the pre-order guarantee and I'm holding out hope that the price will come down before release day like the rest of the seasons.  The most I paid for a season was $18.96 for season 1.  The rest of them ended up being under $18 by release day.  

Right, I would too, but I still have seasons 2, 3, and 4 to get first. Once I get those, if it is still up there in price, I probably will grab it too. I plan to get a few of them after I trade in my textbook for a gift card. yes

Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 6:47 pm

I was trying to be a little hopeful about the Little House Years. They don't include the 6 part series of behind the scenes of Little House is until it's available on DVD. I knew about the digital copies was trying to be hopeful that's all.

Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 6:51 pm

I was hoping the same thing, Chris. Is there any copy of the Little House Years anywhere, available for purchase? I am talking about even in the old, poor quality DVDs... Because I have never seen anything with that special episode on it.

Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 7:05 pm

No not anyway that I know of. Just very disappointed about it. I have a copy on my DVR when it was on Hallmark over a year ago. I did record it on Video like almost 20 years ago when it was on TBS. And I know that Hallmark Channel really edits the show now. I might tried and email LionGate again asking them to try to realease maybe if they realease the final movies since they are not available to purchase yet on Amazon or iTunes. I don't know if I should send a email to NBC if that would help or not. Unless someone else has a idea on what to do. I think I read somewhere when the first set of DVDs came out 10 years ago from Imavision the rights were with a different company or something. Doesn't make sense to me at all. Oh well.

I watch The Music Box this was not on the old DVDs it has Nellie calling Mr. Oleson papa she always calls him father. It was funny to hear and to see it.
Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 7:06 pm

anywhere*
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 7:15 pm

Hmmm that's too bad, I would like to see it.

Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 7:24 pm

It was on YouTube but it's not there now. They just have the opening credits from it and closing credits.
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
LauraIngallsfan

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyWed May 06, 2015 8:14 pm

Chris40 wrote:
It was on YouTube but it's not there now. They just have the opening credits from it and closing credits.

Right, I have been looking, and that is all I have seen... Oh well, all we can do now is hope that they might give it to us as a special feature with the 3 last movies.

Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 4:09 pm

I checked the run time of 1176 minutes and that only allows for the 15 minute documentary and 24 episodes at an average of 48:23.  If you include The Little House Years, season six would have 27 episodes and another 132 minutes of run time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP
Page 23 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next