Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP

Go down 
+25
MikeInFla
jes9
Charles Angles
Savannah
LauraIngallsfan
Cetacea
julmer70
Rob
littlehouselover
Rhonda
lauraingalls79
Toby
JW
Gin
Shell
LIWnut
Chris40
MissOleson
Amy
Muriel88
Lori
Krissy
carolineingalls
Davetucson
Carol
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 6:39 pm

All 9 seasons will be available in Digital HD on September 9 when the season 3 Blu-ray comes out.  I guess that means they will be available on Vudu and/or Amazon Instant Video since Flixster hasn't made the previous seasons available in HD.  I'm going to be patient and wait for the rest of the seasons to come out on Blu-ray, but I'm glad to see that they've all been remastered.  However, I will only buy the digital copies if it is announced that they aren't releasing the rest of the seasons on Blu-ray.  While not optimal, even the Digital HD copies are much better quality than the previously released Imavision DVDs.  

http://www.lionsgatepublicity.com/uploads/assets/Little%20House%20Season%203%20Press%20Release%20Digital_FINAL.doc

Quote :
Celebrate The 40th Anniversary Of The Cherished Series When All Nine Seasons Arrive For The First Time Ever In High Definition Digital HD September 9th From Lionsgate Home Entertainment

SANTA MONICA, CA (August 26, 2014) – In September 1974, the first season of Little House on the Prairie premiered on NBC, bringing Americans together to share in the lives of Charles, Laura and the entire Ingalls family. Now for the first time, 40 years later, every episode of Little House on the Prairie will be available on Digital HD September 9th from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. Meticulously restored to original broadcast length and remastered for optimal picture and sound quality, all nine seasons will be available in high definition for fans both new and old to experience the timeless themes of love, adventure and rich family values like never before.

“I am overjoyed that 40 years later, the series that I grew up performing on, is available for new generations to enjoy. Little House on the Prairie is a show full of love, community and heart,” said Melissa Gilbert (“Laura Ingalls Wilder”). “The stories are still relevant and have resonated for decades with audiences around the world. With the digital release of all nine seasons, the show now looks better than ever and the scenes that were cut for syndication are fully restored. So every episode can be seen as it was originally aired and intended.”

"Four decades ago Michael Landon made Little House on the Prairie the most beloved and beautifully produced show on network television and audiences were swept away,” said Dean Butler (“Almanzo Wilder”). “The 40th Anniversary HD re-mastering not only restores the episodes to their original broadcast lengths…it makes them more beautiful than ever before. I think Michael Landon would be honored to know that his timeless tribute to the American family has been so lovingly updated for today’s viewers and today’s viewing technology.”
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 9:44 am

Little House on the Prairie - 'A Merry Ingalls Christmas' is Scheduled for DVD

Single-DVD release with UltraViolet is coming in November

Celebrate the holidays with two classic "Llittle House" specials, restored to original broadcast length and remastered for superior picture and sound. In "Christmas at Plum Creek," the members of the Ingalls family share a heartwarming first Christmas in their new home, and Laura makes a personal sacrifice that captures the meaning of the holidays. In "A Christmas They Never Forget," the faily waits out a snowstorm by remembering favorite Christmases from the past.

Cast: Melissa Gilbert, Michael Landon, Lindsay Greenbush, Karen Grassle, Melissa Sue Anderson, Scottie MacGregor, Richard Bull, Jonathan Gilbert, Kevin Hagen, Alison Arngrim, Dabbs Greer, Ruth Foster, Jason Bateman. Includes Includes two heartwarming episodes: Christmas At Plum Creek & A Christmas They'll Never Forget. Full-length broadcast episodes seen for the first time since airing on TV (not cut down syndicated versions), with newly restored and remastered image...available on DVD

- Digital UV for the first time!

Lionsgate Entertainment has informed retailers that on November 4th they will release Little House on the Prairie - A Merry Ingalls Christmas on DVD. Priced at $9.98 SRP, this includes UltraViolet digital copies of the included episodes, plus closed captioning and both English and Spanish subtitles. Here's a look at the packaging:

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Little-House-Prairie-A-Merry-Ingalls_Christmas/20169#ixzz3BhKUh6Ng

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Little11

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Toby wrote:
All 9 seasons will be available in Digital HD on September 9 when the season 3 Blu-ray comes out.  I guess that means they will be available on Vudu and/or Amazon Instant Video since Flixster hasn't made the previous seasons available in HD.  I'm going to be patient and wait for the rest of the seasons to come out on Blu-ray, but I'm glad to see that they've all been remastered.  However, I will only buy the digital copies if it is announced that they aren't releasing the rest of the seasons on Blu-ray.  While not optimal, even the Digital HD copies are much better quality than the previously released Imavision DVDs.  

I am also hoping they don't stop the blu-ray releases... Blue

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 10:21 am

I will be buying season 3 when it gets released. I'm happy it comes it also comes in a non blu-ray version. I hope all 9 seasons and the 3 final movies get released. I also hope The Little House years will be included in season 6.
Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 6:56 pm

I see that Amazon has all 9 seasons of Little House available but I'm upset. I don't see The Little House Years special in year 6 at all!!! I was hoping this would be finally release this time. And you can see all the covers for the rest of the seasons now.

Chris
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 8:21 pm

Chris! Thanks a million for letting me know. I couldn't wait, so I purchased "Fagin" to see if that missing scene was in there when Albert asked Charles if he could call him Pa......and sure enough it was there! I haven't seen it in over thirty years! I'm one happy camper! Whoopee! One of the sweetest scenes ever filmed on Little House and I could finally see it again! I snipped a few scenes from it to share with everybody! You made my day! And in Hi Def too!

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Albert20

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Albert21

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Albert22

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Albert23

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 9:53 pm

That is awesome!!! Bliss wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:54 am

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Home_a25

Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 6:13 am

I'm happy you can see that all of the episodes are 48 or 49 minutes long. But I'm still disappointed that they don't realease Little House Years. I wonder if I should contact LionsGate about it or not. I don't know if it would do any good or not. Maybe they could realease it a special. I don't see the last 3 movies yet either. So maybe they could do it later on.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 7:47 am

The other day at wal-mart i seen Season 1 of LHOTP pluse the pilot movie  for $19.99. ( Wasn't blue Ray) Are they RE - Release it again? On DVD? I guess it's clear like the new Blue Ray

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:32 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
The other day at wal-mart i seen Season 1 of LHOTP pluse the pilot movie  for $19.99. ( Wasn't blue Ray) Are  they RE - Release it again? On DVD? I guess it's clear like the new Blue Ray

They have been releasing new DVD's that also feature the remastered episodes along with the Blu-rays.  I was at Target yesterday and season 3 was $14.99 on Blu-ray and $12.99 on DVD.

Chris40 wrote:
I see that Amazon has all 9 seasons of Little House available but I'm upset. I don't see The Little House Years special in year 6 at all!!! I was hoping this would be finally release this time. And you can see all the covers for the rest of the seasons now.

Chris

Vudu and iTunes also have all 9 seasons. You can buy the complete series for $69.99 on Vudu or $39.99 on iTunes. Unfortunately, their definition of complete series doesn't seem to include The Little House Years or the three post series movies.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 2:29 pm

OhOk. So it's only some Episodes that are remastered ?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 4:12 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
OhOk. So it's only some Episodes that are remastered ?

I meant that all the episodes have been remastered and the remastered material has been used as the source for both the Blu-ray and new DVD releases. A lot of people still don't have Blu-ray players, so each season that has been released on Blu-ray has also been re-released on DVD at the same time. Whether you buy the new releases on Blu-ray or DVD, they both feature the cleaned up, longer running episodes.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 6:22 pm

All 9 Seasons Bundled

This is one site that is selling all 9 seasons bundled of the remastered new editions that can be downloaded to your computer. I am waiting for the dvd's myself because the ongoing documentary is not included in these.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 MarilynKeeper DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Amazon Downloads

Amazon is another site that you can buy the seasons from. You can buy the whole season or just your favourite episode.

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 MarilynKeeper DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 6:37 pm

I bought Part 1 of As Long As we're Together. I can't believe the picture it's so much brighter and so crisp and new. It has delated scene that TBS aired back in the 90s that the other dvd release didn't have 10 or 11 years ago. Plus with season 4 and onward when it was in reruns it seems so faded with the picture and the voices were sped up with time compassed. I remember TBS would say that with some of the episodes.

I did email LionsGate but it was a generic response about the other movies and The Little House Years. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 10:43 pm

Today I purchased Family Tree on Amazon. And there was the long lost scene of Albert saying goodbye to Laura. Matt and Melissa turned it on for that scene!
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Saying10

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Sg310

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Sg410

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Sg510

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Sg610

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Sg710

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 7:49 pm

As Long As Were Together Looks Great In HD! You can see what I'm talking about with the reds in this scene!
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Asl510

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Chris40 wrote:
I bought Part 1 of As Long As we're Together. I can't believe the picture it's so much brighter and so crisp and new. It has delated scene that TBS aired back in the 90s that the other dvd release didn't have 10 or 11 years ago. Plus with season 4 and onward when it was in reruns it seems so faded with the picture and the voices were sped up with time compassed. I remember TBS would say that with some of the episodes.

I did email LionsGate but it was a generic response about the other movies and The Little House Years. Oh well.

Chris, what was the deleted scene?

Back to top Go down
Chris40
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 8:10 pm

When they leave for Winoka. On the old version it just cuts off where you see the wagon leaving they house and cuts to Winoka. In this version it continues and shows the scene from the Premiere Movie then I want to say the other 2 scenes were from I Remember, I Remember when it was pouring rain and Pa was trying to get the wagon working or it might be from Gold Country both of those scenes I haven't watch them in a while. I'm not to sure if there are any others ones in Part 1 or not.

I also bought A Most Precious Gift and Whisper Country. I think I saw 1 new scene that I never seen before one was in Gift maybe 45 seconds or so. And it shows Carrie looking at the eggs under the pillow and I not sure it shows Carrie with a ring over the eggs like Madma Maria did to Ma. I have to play the other ones to compare it to it.

The another big scene that was missing was I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away. Where Pa tells Ma that Mary is going blind. On the DVD release was cut. It was on it on the Time Life Video from years ago in the 90s. I hope it's on this version I haven't bought that one yet.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 5:07 pm

I just watched The Odyssey in HD and to my surprise it is even more emotional than the cut version. The added scene is when Dylan gives up and says he can't make it........Laura and Albert convince him to go on........The Ocean scenes are absolutely beautiful as is Dylan's art in the beginning.......
Here some caps of the extra scene........
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Odysse10

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62619
Mood : DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Davetucson wrote:
As Long As Were Together Looks Great In HD! You can see what I'm talking about with the reds in this scene!
DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Asl510

You monster. greenS
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Not to say that the blues were nice too!

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 7:12 pm

Nice ocean shot in The Odyssey!

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Ody_1210

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 9:47 pm

I have a copy of a vhs tape of the episode where the families leave Winoka and head back home. There is a scene on the vhs tape where Jonathan gets fired from the saloon. It isn't on the original dvd's so I hope that it's on the new ones. On the old ones when the fireworks go off, Standish asks Nels to help him carry water and he says, "I don't work here anymore, remember."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP    DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP  - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

DVD and BLU-RAY Info LHOTP
Page 13 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next