Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Books!

Go down 
+6
Carol
Vanesa
ChristinaAL
Rhonda
JW
Savannah
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Books! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Books! Happy010

Books! Empty
PostSubject: Books!   Books! EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 4:22 pm

Oooooooh, I love book sales. My town's library just had it's book sale on Saturday. There were some really good books this time. I bought Yesterday, Today and Forever by Maria Augusta Trapp. (Think "The Sound of Music". grinsmiley It's that Maria)I have several books by and about their family. The inside flap says "This is to be simply the story of how Jesus Christ - yesterday, and today, and the same forever - finally became a member of our family. We want to share with you our great discovery: the bringing of the Holy Scriptures back to life for us; and by watching Him, learning to imitate Him, how to live, how to love....."
I love reading about the Trapp family. :fyi:

Then, there's a book called Children of Pride. It chronicles letters written within a family during, and shortly after the Civil War. I'm barely in to it (it's THICK) and it's a thoroughly interesting and gripping book so far. The obvious faith that this family had, is inspiring. And it's very interesting to read about the every-day, "current" accounts of the war.

Then, I found a totally unintellectual book, that I LOVE. LOL........There's a hunting or outdoorsman magazine that my Dad gets (I can't remember which one it is, though!) that has this series of dog & hunter cartoons, about a dog named Ben. They are absolutely DARLING, and always reminded me of my dog, Emily. Well, I found a whole hardcover book of the cartoons, and almost squealed with delight.

I found a few books for Jeremiah, and one for my Dad, one for my Mom....it was a GOOD day for book-buying! And at twenty-five and fifty cents a book, it's a hard bargain to beat!

*sigh* I love books.............Love
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Books! Happy011

Books! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books!   Books! EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 4:48 pm

Yeah I Love Books too Our Libary had their Book Sale in May 8 but i just could't find a singal book

Books! Jacobk10Books! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

Books! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books!   Books! EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 4:54 pm

Oh Sorry i forgot what you just said lol Congrats on the Books You must of been lucky Lol I'm Reading the Book Call The Diary of Anne Frank Very Intersting

Books! Jacobk10Books! Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Books! Purple2

Books! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books!   Books! EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 7:53 pm

Congrats Savannah, and it is so cool that you were able to find some books for the rest of the family as well. ENJOY!!

Books! 7_1_120

Books! Rhonda10Books! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Books! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books!   Books! EmptySun Jul 08, 2007 10:50 pm

That's great Savannah! When our library here has their yearly sale (which they do on older books and books they've received as donations), hardcovers are $1.00 and paperbacks are $0.25. I spent $10 and came home with 12 books this last time - and I'm not even done with them, b/c I have the LIW ones I bought from the website (and have read 2 of 4 so far), as well as 3 more LIW ones I just got off eBay. Then, since I signed up for Border's Rewards, they send me a coupon every week, and since I have a coupon, I can't not buy a book everytime I'm in the store! LOL, I have plenty to keep me occupied for awhile. I love reading too!

Books! ChristinaKeeper2 Books! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

Books! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books!   Books! EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 11:25 pm

thats cool
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Books! Bokmal10

Books! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books!   Books! EmptyTue Jul 10, 2007 11:32 pm

How lucky you are Savannah! I also love books. I'm always purchasing books and in my house they hate me to do it...They uses to say that there is no way to walk with books here and there! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Books! Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Books! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books!   Books! EmptyWed Jul 11, 2007 2:32 pm

I also love books... in my early teens, the library was my second home. :bookworm:

Books! ICONATOR_ac221c596eb060b3f6e1cb349ac376cb

Books! Horses10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

Books! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books!   Books! EmptyThu Jul 12, 2007 4:00 pm

I wish I liked to read books. I usually read a few pages then don't come back to it. But I read magazines. I am addicted to them, lol.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

Books! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books!   Books! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 11:39 am

Ooh! I'm jealous of the Trapp book! :)

I love going to book sales. I go to around fifteen book sales a year. :b

I had a nice find at my library last week. They usually have three little carts of books- usually x-library- and they had the last book in a the Shiloh Legacy series by Bodie Theone. It was hard back dj and not x-library. Of course, I didn't have any money on me! I had dropped my mother off at the nursing home to visit her mother and then I went to the library. I carried the book around while I found the books I wanted and then before I left I stuck it on the messy cart.
I came back about half an hour later and the book was still there!

Books! PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Books! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428

Books! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books!   Books! EmptyTue Jul 17, 2007 10:40 pm

*squeal!!*

I've been looking for "Biggity Bantam" for AGES. But I couldn't see paying $75-$280 for a little children's book.........even if it IS illustrated by Tasha Tudor! I LOVE her illustrations! Well, I found a copy of Biggity Bantam today at a yard sale. First edition......in lovely condition. But for the price, I wouldn't have minded even if it was in slightly rough condition! They only wanted TEN CENTS for the book! Guess what came home with me? batEyes
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Books! Love-s10

Books! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books!   Books! EmptyWed Dec 19, 2007 7:11 pm

BOY! Wish I could tag along. I always go to my library book sale too, but alone. I would be nice to go with someone that loves reading as much as I do.
Who is the author of CHILDREN OF PRIDE, Savannah? Sounds good.

Books! Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Books! Bokmal10

Books! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books!   Books! EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 2:56 am

I love books. I can read three books @ one time. I read a chapter or two. Go to a different book.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Books! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books!   Books! Empty

Back to top Go down

Books!
Page 1 of 1