Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sylvia

Go down 
+38
MankatoJoe
Rob
LHOTPfan2000
orangecake
whitelighter
alexczarn
Amy
Lori
Savannah
jessicamarie
Deem714
Praire Girl
MissOleson
julmer70
Davetucson
littlehouselover
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Liz
Honeybee
Joe
easyt72000
Krissy
Gin
Brian
ChristinaAL
bethandmanly
Kathleen Marie
emilyanneoftheprairie
Docfan
david
Kristina
Carol
HarrisonCrosby4387
Vanesa
Samantha
jes9
JW
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Sylvia - Page 5 Headac10

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:12 pm

Laughing OhMy Yikes Laughing

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Sylvia - Page 5 Bokmal10

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:40 pm

MrsAlbertIngalls wrote:
Huh? she actually looks a lot like my ex bf's mother!!! which is scary. The hair is awful

Nooooo!!!! Yikes thud affraid

Vanesa.

Sylvia - Page 5 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:02 am

Ya,that was a little rude remark.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
whitelighter
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 77

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 11:47 pm

There was one scene in this episode where Albert gets upset and says something to Caroline in a slightly angry tone. Caroline says to him "don't you ever raise your voice to me as long as you live under this roof" (or something to that extent). I think if I'd been Albert, I would've simply said, "Ok, fine - I just won't live under your roof," and walked out. I'm sorry, but Caroline's response just made me furious. I hate that kind of authoritarian manner. She should've taken into consideration how upset Albert was. And I'm sure Caroline spoke to her parents that way some as a child.
I'm glad that as an adult (after she'd moved out) Mary did raise her voice to Caroline on a couple of occasions. Caroline deserved it - she could be so self-righteous sometimes.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:46 am

I understand what you mean, but how you addressed adults, especially your parents was very strict especially back then. You didn't talk back (and they did argue at times) and raising the voice must have been part of it. If you let it go once, they keep doing it.
Remember when Caroline beat herself up for yelling at Mary for almost burning the barn down and killing herself and the animals? The Reverend said "we all do once in a while" Please, I would have killed her, so Caroline was held to a high standard. : )

I honestly thought Laura deserved to be punished a few times, she ignored things her parents said all the time, stole, etc. but they never did. Actually I thought they were pretty slack at times.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:08 pm

whitelighter wrote:
There was one scene in this episode where Albert gets upset and says something to Caroline in a slightly angry tone. Caroline says to him "don't you ever raise your voice to me as long as you live under this roof" (or something to that extent). I think if I'd been Albert, I would've simply said, "Ok, fine - I just won't live under your roof," and walked out. I'm sorry, but Caroline's response just made me furious. I hate that kind of authoritarian manner. She should've taken into consideration how upset Albert was. And I'm sure Caroline spoke to her parents that way some as a child.
I'm glad that as an adult (after she'd moved out) Mary did raise her voice to Caroline on a couple of occasions. Caroline deserved it - she could be so self-righteous sometimes.

God forbid! A parent showing authority! Glad we got smarter than that. Walk around a mall sometimes and you can see where it got us"..".......

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Sylvia - Page 5 Happy010

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:10 am

To this day, I still wouldn't dare speak to my mother that way! One time I yelled at her and boy did I pay the price! affraid
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 10:22 pm

No matter how mad you are,you never show disrespect to your parents like that.

Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Sylvia - Page 5 Purple2

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:27 pm

Caroline had every right to snap at Albert. No child should raise their voice to their parents. I like Albert, but he was wrong to raise his voice to Caroline.
Back to top Go down
orangecake
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 22

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:10 pm

How old was that sicko blacksmith? He looked to be in his mid 30's or early 40's. I don't think she and Albert should have gotten married. Maybe if she had survived but lost the kid sadly due to the fall, maybe she and her dad could have made peace, and they moved away, but she and Albert stayed in contact.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:22 pm

Richard Jaeckel was 55 years old when he played the part.
Sylvia - Page 5 Richar10

Last edited by Davetucson on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:33 pm

oh wow.

Back to top Go down
easyt72000
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
easyt72000

Number of posts : 126
Mood : Sylvia - Page 5 Party010

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 9:33 am

God forbid! A parent showing authority! Glad we got smarter than that. Walk around a mall sometimes and you can see where it got us"..".......

David-brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:18 pm

Some parents today sure don't show kids any authority.

Back to top Go down
orangecake
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 22

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:43 am

A few months ago, I wrote to a young women who PM me on the IMBD board. Olivia was once involved with her dad and she liked Olivia very much. She stated Olivia was a very sweet and talented person and she was saddened when the actress/singer and her dad broke up. I believe she stated they lost contact, maybe I'm wrong. She wrote on the Sylvia thread under the Little House or Matthew L page. I forgot which one. She also stated Olivia really enjoyed her cameo role on LH, and was saddened she was never called back to play another character.
I wonder if she and Matt became friends or dated in RL? I recalled she starred on FAME once and was a good singer.
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : Sylvia - Page 5 Confus10

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:52 am

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
I've never seen this episode and personally I don't think I want to see it. Is it very graphic?

You don't see anything he grabs her but thats all you see.
A lot is talked about tho I don't like this episode

Sylvia - Page 5 PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 3:52 pm

I simply cannot understand why anyone wouldn't like such a light and airy episode like this one!

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Sylvia - Page 5 Goodsi10

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 5:05 pm

That guy in the funny mask cracks me up every time! Sylvia - Page 5 Smiley-laughing024
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:40 am

Davetucson wrote:
I simply cannot understand why anyone wouldn't like such a light and airy episode like this one!

Well I just think its to dark and simply not like a little house on the prairie.

1 how are children to watch this? Its a good job the word s*x was never said because when I first watched it a long long time ago I must have been about 11 or 12 I hadn't the slightest idea what was going on. now watching this again i'm like what the heck did M-L think he was doing Laura ingalls wilder would have never dreamed of putting such a thing in her book.

2 It just creeps me out.

3 Laura's make up is hideous the dad of Sylvia is unkind and its all just a bit Yuck. Yawn

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 7:14 am

I wonder if in an odd way, Michael was trying to compete outside of his type of show with shows like Law and Order or other drama, or just "shake it up". It doesn't work when you watch the show to forget that stuff. The Walton's for instance never would have shown something like that, some guy with a mask in their barn, Erin getting attacked...if they did, it would have been handled differently, this was just bizarre.

We all have moments that we would take back, I hope he felt that way with this show.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:58 am

You simply can't,and no one ever will, produce 203 episodes and three movies and have them ALL be winners. I couldn't and none of you could. Lighten up on Mike.....he produced a great show and he didn't have any regrets about anything he put on the air, and shouldn't have. He never bowed to pressure to change what he wanted to do. Good or bad, he did what he did. The good far out weighed the bad.

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:06 pm

Very well put, Dave! And...you know what? This is actually the episode where eleven-year-old me really started to notice just how wonderful Matt is as an actor! I know how you all feel about this episode, but this is the one when I truly started to love Matt, and when my "crush" on him actually started. The older I got, the more I appreciated his acting. I think he shined in this one!

I also remember when I first watched it, that there was a "warning" before both parts aired. It warned people of the strong content, and the parents were advised to watch it with their kids (and you can believe my mom was there, in case I had any questions).
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 2:24 pm

littlehouselover wrote:
I wonder if in an odd way, Michael was trying to compete outside of his type of show with shows like Law and Order or other drama, or just "shake it up". It doesn't work when you watch the show to forget that stuff. The Walton's for instance never would have shown something like that, some guy with a mask in their barn, Erin getting attacked...if they did, it would have been handled differently, this was just bizarre.

We all have moments that we would take back, I hope he felt that way with this show.

Well put.
And like you say I really enjoy this show because it doesn't have all the stuff shows today have like sulky kids slamming doors parents saying "Oh my goes this is so bad I don't know what to do" Ranting
Young girls getting pregnant and I wont go one. But this is just why we watch LHOTP because it takes us back to those times when everyone wasn't always on Facebook or mobiles. women dressed nicely and didn't go around the skin tight jeans and tops with swear words written all over them.

Now I'm just going to say what I think and I don't intend to upset anyone or fall out with them because I like this site and I don't want to make it into a place to argue. mad

but I DON'T like this episode I think its totally unsuitable for young children. It no where nears anything like Little house on the prairie

Just stop for a second think back to season 1 Laura was dealing with not hitting and stealing and in the end it turns out fine.

Or There's a 15 year old girl she gets rapped and becomes pregnant and dies trying to escape the Rapper.

Now which one sounds more like a little house on the prairie?
and which one sounds more like a director thinking to himself right I want to shake this up and get more people watching.
Right I think I'v said all I need to say now. Smile

Have a good day! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:25 pm

I hate rap music...so I don't blame Sylvia for wanting to escape the Rapper! I would too! greenS laugh3

Sorry...I couldn't resist! grinsmiley

Anyway, I totally get what you're saying.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 3:46 pm

No problem with kids dying of the plaque............

No problem with Edwards getting drunk and darn near killing Albert........

No problem with Edwards abusing his kids in a drunken stupor......

No problem with an alcoholic beating his child.................

No problem with a guy getting killed over gold in front of his kids...........

No problem with a hundred of them dying of the plague when Caroline tries to help........

No problem with Albert puking his brains out because of Morphine..............

No problem that Zacariah burns himself to death along with his dead wife..........

No problem with Alice Garvey being burned to death with a baby in her arms..............

How dare he put anything of a sexual connotation on that show. After all, it was a family show.......

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sylvia - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sylvia   Sylvia - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sylvia
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next