Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : The Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe Purple2

The Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe Empty
PostSubject: The Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe   The Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 1:41 pm

The Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe 0a87fecb9addceb04b0598300fa40db0

1 1/2 cups unsalted butter (3 sticks), softened
1 cup brown sugar (light brown, or dark would be fine)
2 large eggs
1 cup molasses
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
2 tsp. ground ginger
5 cups all-purpose flour

In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time until incorporated.

Add molasses. Mix.

In a separate bowl, combine the soda, salt, spices, and flour. Add to the wet mixture. Mix until smooth.

Before you roll out the dough, you need to let the dough chill for a couple hours. Before I put my dough in the fridge, I like to split it up, flatten it on a piece of plastic wrap, wrap it up, and stick it the fridge. This makes rolling out the chilled dough a little easier because it's ready to go.

Once your dough has chilled, roll it out on a floured countertop until it's about 1/4 inch thick.

Cut into desired shapes. This is my boys' favorite part of the process, right up there with eating the dough.

While you're doing this, you should also be preheating your oven to 350 degrees.

On a lined or greased baking sheet, bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. It can be a little tricky to tell when they're done (wait until they're golden brown?). Just mess up one of the uglier cut-outs to test for doneness.

Let the cookies cool on wire racks before you decorate decorate with frosting, candy, and/or sprinkles.

The Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe Rhonda10The Best Gingerbread Cookie Recipe Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1