Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Horatio Hornblower
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Horatio Hornblower

Number of posts : 29
Mood : ingalls - What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls Xmassm5

ingalls - What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls Empty
PostSubject: What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls   ingalls - What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 3:16 pm

It did not make sense to me that Albert started calling Charles and Caroline ma and pa after such a short time.
It did not make sense to me that Albert was viewed as a brother after such a short time.
It did not make sense to me how fast he was viewed as a family member.

“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”

― Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
Toby
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Toby

Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls   ingalls - What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 4:03 pm

It made sense to me because Albert was on his own for so long and probably longed to be part of a real, loving family. The Ingalls were good hearted, caring people and it didn't surprise me that they would treat a child that they took in as one of their own. And of course, I'm sure Albert reminded Charles of himself when he was a boy.
Back to top Go down
https://littlehousebluray.wordpress.com/
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : ingalls - What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls   ingalls - What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 5:28 pm

Horatio Hornblower wrote:
It did not make sense to me that Albert started calling Charles and Caroline ma and pa after such a short time.
It did not make sense to me that Albert was viewed as a brother after such a short time.
It did not make sense to me how fast he was viewed as a family member.

Unfortunately, Love doesn't make sense to a lot of people....................................

All 3 of your statements make sense to me after reading this:

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : ingalls - What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls   ingalls - What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 6:29 am

It makes perfect sense to me how Albert was accepting and quickly accepted as part of the Ingalls family.

He really added a lot to the series; it wouldn't have been nearly as good without him.
Back to top Go down
Horatio Hornblower
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Horatio Hornblower

Number of posts : 29
Mood : ingalls - What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls Xmassm5

PostSubject: Re: What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls   ingalls - What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 8:07 am

MankatoJoe wrote:

He really added a lot to the series; it wouldn't have been nearly as good without him.

True but that really has nothing to do with my thread.

― Edgar Allan Poe
Back to top Go down
MankatoJoe
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
MankatoJoe

Number of posts : 419
Mood : ingalls - What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls   ingalls - What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:11 am

Horatio Hornblower wrote:
MankatoJoe wrote:

True but that really has nothing to do with my thread.

Your threads are bizarre, like the 'goodbye' one.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
ingalls - What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : ingalls - What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls Happy010

PostSubject: Re: What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls   ingalls - What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:22 pm

Davetucson wrote:

Unfortunately, Love doesn't make sense to a lot of people....................................

loveheart Dave, that's so true. Sometimes love just doesn't make sense. Love isn't logical, it isn't scientific, it can't be measured, it can't be contained, and the more you give it away, the more it comes back to you.

And Albert. . . His story reminds me of something my family experienced lately. One of my cousins adopted a little girl (Christabel) from South Africa. Shannon (my cousin) had never even MET the little girl yet - Shannon's oldest daughter had met the little girl while on a missions trip. So...because of the stories that her oldest daughter told her, Shannon fell in love with this little girl she'd never even met ...and Shannon (and our whole family) began a journey of 18 months raising funds to be able to adopt her and bring her home to Michigan. That doesn't make sense. But it's love. Sometimes you just can't explain love. And that's part of what makes it so special. (Christabel is home in Michigan now - and after just a few weeks was already calling Shannon, "Mom". And Shannon's three biological daughters considered Christabel their little sister before she was even here in the states.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls   ingalls - What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls Empty

Back to top Go down

What did not make sense to me about Albert and the Ingalls
Page 1 of 1