Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Royal Family

Go down 
+23
Gin
LHOTPfan2000
Alice
Deem714
Honeybee
Shell
Misti
Kristina
Julia
Lori
Teresa
Debbie
JW
ChristinaAL
Vanesa
alexczarn
Krissy
Carol
Savannah
Rob
Rhonda
bethandmanly
Amy
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : The Royal Family Love-s10

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: The Royal Wedding   The Royal Family EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 10:33 pm

Well, it's just around the corner now! The Royal Family Amour61

I have always been fascinated by the royals. Well, mainly Charles and Diana. I was 11 years old when they married and I think I was in a very 'princessy' type stage and it was just all so out of the element of anything we could possibly witness over here in the states. To a very young girl it really was like watching a real life fairty tale and it was monumental.

Fortunately my best friend is into this too, so we're gearing up for it together. batEyes We are heading to Grand Rapids Michigan next weekend (possibly the following, depending on the weather), to see the Diana exhibit that has been touring all over the world. We are so fortunate that it's come so close...I've heard great things about it and people are actually traveling far and wide to see this.

Here's a good video presentation:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12216295

And this one features Diana's brother, Earl Spencer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czfRCYGBRWc

So, interested? Don't give a royal teacup? batEyes Wink Let me know what you think! Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : The Royal Family Bokmal10

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 11:45 pm

The only royal wedding I was interested in was Diana and Charles. After that, it was all downhill.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : The Royal Family Purple2

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 12:37 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
The only royal wedding I was interested in was Diana and Charles. After that, it was all downhill.

So was their marriage...... Yikes

The Royal Family Rhonda10The Royal Family Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : The Royal Family Goodsi10

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:12 pm

I'm interested. I'm a history nut, and a royal wedding qualifies as history. The Royal Family 70708
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
The Royal Family Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : The Royal Family Happy010

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:35 pm

Rob wrote:
I'm interested. I'm a history nut, and a royal wedding qualifies as history. The Royal Family 70708

Heyyyyy, I'm a nut, too! Oh! You said a history nut. The Royal Family 771460 Well, I'm that, too. I always find things like this interesting.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:00 pm

The Royal Family 771460

I think William and Kate have a much better chance for a successful marriage than Charles and Diana ever did.

Diana probably suspected there would be trouble when they were interviewed before the wedding, and Charles said "Whatever that means" when asked about being in love. Talk about a red flag. The Royal Family 339759
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:29 pm

Rob wrote:
Diana probably suspected there would be trouble when they were interviewed before the wedding, and Charles said "Whatever that means" when asked about being in love.

The Royal Family 184143 The Royal Family 184143 The Royal Family 184143
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:57 pm

I am heading to my friend's house as soon as I am done with work today. We're having a sleepover, will be decked out in our royal jewels and hats batEyes , and will be enjoying an English breakfast. VERY early, I might add! Morningcoffee Should be interesting....my friend is the morning person. I'm....not. Whistle

Anyone else getting up early for this?
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:34 pm

I will record it and watch it the next afternoon since I have to work Friday... that's about it.

Sounds like you have exciting and fun plans Amy! Thumbsup

The Royal Family Horses10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : The Royal Family Headac10

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:08 pm

I'm happy for them.But i'm not getting up that early to watch it.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:33 pm

I am not so highly interested in it; more like a slight interest...

The Royal Family Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Rob wrote:
The Royal Family 771460

I think William and Kate have a much better chance for a successful marriage than Charles and Diana ever did.

Diana probably suspected there would be trouble when they were interviewed before the wedding, and Charles said "Whatever that means" when asked about being in love. Talk about a red flag. The Royal Family 339759

i agree

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:35 pm

alexczarn wrote:
I am not so highly interested in it; more like a slight interest...

maybe its a girl thing lol

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:05 am

I DO like Royal Weddings...Bah...I do like WEDDINS! Plainly...Hehehe. So, I'll watch this one like a soldier.

I think that Charles and Diana wedding was so important for people, because they purchased all the nice story they made up around it...The sweet young, candid girl who was in love to the Prince of Wales, and the Prince of Wales madly in love with the young sweet commoner. It was a lie: Lady Di was not a simple commoner (her blood was, by far, more Royal than Charles ones...only she was not currently a Princess, but she was a Lady and in the Uk, that means smething!) and Charles was NOT in love to her. His father has pushed him to marry this woman to whom he was totally INDIFFERENT. He loved Camilla Parker Bowles, but Duke of Edimbourgh didn't allow Charles to marry her. banghead Ranting

THat was the main reason because this marriage failed. There was no love by the part of Charles. Not all Royal weddings are a failure, tough.

Vanesa.

The Royal Family Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:47 am

Last night I dreamed Prince William was walking up the aisle wearing a hairpiece held in place by a chin strap. The Royal Family 988160
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:12 am

The Royal Family 440956 That conjures up some really funny mental images.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:35 am

i think this will last

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Well, needless to say, I am exhausted! LOL! I was up at 4:00am sharp. The Royal Family 279394 We had a blast though and it was well worth it.

Vanesa wrote:
I DO like Royal Weddings...Bah...I do like WEDDINS! Plainly...Hehehe. So, I'll watch this one like a soldier.

I think that Charles and Diana wedding was so important for people, because they purchased all the nice story they made up around it...The sweet young, candid girl who was in love to the Prince of Wales, and the Prince of Wales madly in love with the young sweet commoner. It was a lie: Lady Di was not a simple commoner (her blood was, by far, more Royal than Charles ones...only she was not currently a Princess, but she was a Lady and in the Uk, that means smething!) and Charles was NOT in love to her. His father has pushed him to marry this woman to whom he was totally INDIFFERENT. He loved Camilla Parker Bowles, but Duke of Edimbourgh didn't allow Charles to marry her. The Royal Family 718413 The Royal Family 954985

THat was the main reason because this marriage failed. There was no love by the part of Charles. Not all Royal weddings are a failure, tough.

Vanesa.

It really was just SAD, wasn't it?! I was 11 years old and I remember being just completely enthralled with the whole thing. I'm just glad that everyone seems to have moved forward from that---everyone actually gets along with Camilla and that's a pretty big deal, all things considered. Charles had his hands tied---he had to marry someone of royal blood, among other things. Fortunately things are extremely different for William & Kate, and they are obviously off to a much better start. The Royal Family 70708

Rob wrote:
Last night I dreamed Prince William was walking up the aisle wearing a hairpiece held in place by a chin strap. The Royal Family 988160

I think you may be on to something Rob....you should design it and have it patented! The Royal Family 771460
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Alleged UFO.

Nah just looks like a weather balloon or something like that.

The Royal Family Alexke11
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:22 pm

I wasn't all that interested, but after a conversation I had with a coworker today, I thought, with all of the terrible things happening in the world, it's nice to see something positive, with two people being happy and in love. I think they truly seem happy together by the way they were looking at each other in the the video clips I've seen (because I couldn't bear to get up that early!) I wish them all the best, I think they have a good shot. They're been together for, is it 9 years? I read that Charles and Diana had only 'met' 13 times before their wedding; that seemed much more arranged IMO.

The Royal Family ChristinaKeeper2 The Royal Family 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:46 pm

I loved the Wedding TV coverage. Prince Williams and Kate Middleton seems to get along quite well. Hope it would last. It's sad when a married couple divorces...

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:04 am

I hope so too.I'm sure it will this time. Smile

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : The Royal Family Happy011

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 2:31 pm

I Pick up some Stamps with The Royal Couple on there today Smile

The Royal Family Jacobk10The Royal Family Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:36 pm

i seen them today.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 11:59 pm

Beatiful, Jacob! Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Royal Family Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family Empty

Back to top Go down

The Royal Family
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next