Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Royal Family

Go down 
+23
Gin
LHOTPfan2000
Alice
Deem714
Honeybee
Shell
Misti
Kristina
Julia
Lori
Teresa
Debbie
JW
ChristinaAL
Vanesa
alexczarn
Krissy
Carol
Savannah
Rob
Rhonda
bethandmanly
Amy
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : The Royal Family - Page 9 Happy010

The Royal Family - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 2:00 pm

I imagine in America too, Amy! Smile 
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : The Royal Family - Page 9 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 4:09 pm

Yep so Gorge is it!

The Royal Family - Page 9 PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : The Royal Family - Page 9 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 9:26 pm

Great pic!

The Royal Family - Page 9 ZTSPg2F
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
The Royal Family - Page 9 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 9:47 pm

thud  Wow.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:07 pm

Just for comparison's sake, it would be interesting to see how the media reacted when Prince Charles was born in 1948.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:24 pm

I tend to think that the press was much less . . . invasive. I'm SURE that it was in all of the papers - as a matter of fact, I just Googled it and found a bunch of really cool shots. But none of them were with massive crowds. It looks like things were much more private - which is definitely in keeping with the times. People in general had more respect and better manners back then, it seems.

I like these shots...She looks like a "normal", loving mother in these :

The Royal Family - Page 9 Prince+Charles+Turns+60+05

The Royal Family - Page 9 CT19513

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:53 pm

Very nice!  Thanks for those!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : The Royal Family - Page 9 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:03 am

Nice picture!!Smile Least the little prince has a normal name. Unlike some famous ppl name kids theses days.Smile 

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : The Royal Family - Page 9 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 9:07 pm

Those are really nice pictures! Thanks for sharing them Lisa.Thumbsup 

And oh my goodness! From what I can tell from George's pictures, he looks a LOT like his grandpa!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : The Royal Family - Page 9 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:13 am

The news has been announced- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their second child! A sibling for Prince George!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : The Royal Family - Page 9 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:23 am

how Lovely & Nice!! Hope it's a girl.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : The Royal Family - Page 9 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:33 am

This new baby pushes Prince Harry down to 5th in line for the crown. They are jokingly calling this, "An Heir and a Spare!" And this announced just days before Harry turns 30.... HeeHee

The Royal Family - Page 9 Rhonda10The Royal Family - Page 9 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:51 am

Poor Harry. HeeHee And poor William! It looks like the Queen is going to be on the throne 'til she's at least 100. If Charles inherited her genes, William probably won't ascend 'til he's in his 60s.
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863
Mood : The Royal Family - Page 9 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 1:24 pm

I didn't even think of it right away that a new baby will push Harry farther down in line for the throne. But I wish they wouldn't say an heir and a spare- makes him or her sound not as important, when they will certainly be very important!!

And I also agree with Krissy- I hope the baby will be a girl
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : The Royal Family - Page 9 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:48 pm

Truthfully, I really don't think Harry cares one way or the other whether he ever inherits the throne or not. If I were him, I would be happy that I didn't have any obligations like that (meaning, be the king of a country) and I would just keep enjoying my life. And I think enjoying life is what he has definitely been doing! Smile

It was said a few weeks ago that she might be pregnant. So this isn't that much of a surprise for me to hear. Did they say how far along she is?

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 6:09 pm

Prince William just said they are 'early on' in the pregnancy, and she is sick again.  Going back and forth to the hospital with being sick, is what made them decide to announce it publicly.  Prince Harry said he was looking forward to his brother being miserable, and when asked what he thought about going from 4th in line to 5th in line for the crown, he smiled big and said, "GOOD!"   laugh3

Last edited by Rhonda on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 7:59 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Prince Henry

The Royal Family - Page 9 127316d1395365590-brooklet-will-keep-its-police-department-barney-fife-bug-eyed 

Maybe I spoke too soon.  Is Henry his real name?

Yeah, I don't think Harry will lose much sleep over this.  He doesn't seem to have much trouble enjoying life as it is.  HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 8:48 pm

Fife can't get me for a wrong name.....It is spelled correctly....Back off Fife!

My mind is on names for the grandson.....kids are asking what names are family names....this happened to be one of them.....
nanana

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 8:49 pm

Laughing  Oh!  I thought he was just plain Harry.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 8:57 pm

Well, well, well.....I could've left it as it was....Mr. Fife..... Whistle

Name at birth: Henry Charles Albert David Windsor

Prince Harry is the second son of Britain's Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, and the grandson of Queen Elizabeth II. (He is commonly called by his nickname of Harry, though his birth name is Henry.) Prince Harry is fourth in line to the throne, after his father, his older brother Prince William, and William's son the Prince of Cambridge. Like William, Harry attended Wetherby and Ludgrove schools; in September of 1998 he entered Eton College. Prince Harry followed family tradition by entering the Sandhurst military academy in 2005; he graduated in April 2006, becoming a second lieutenant in the British Army's Household Cavalry. The Army announced in February of 2008 that Harry had just completed 10 weeks of active duty in Afghanistan; for security reasons, his deployment there had been kept secret by an agreement between the government and the British press. Since then he has continued with his military career, including training as a pilot. Prince Harry has also founded his own charity, Sentebale, to help orphans and other young people in the African country of Lesotho. He also returned to Afghanistan for further military service in 2012.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Laughing Rhonda, you need a "pride sniff" to go along with that. Wink And this might work: The Royal Family - Page 9 Smiley80

HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:15 pm

Don't be an enabler!  greenS
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:30 pm

greenS If one is going to tear up a ticket, one has to have the proper smileys.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:43 pm

Lisa wrote:
Laughing Rhonda, you need a "pride sniff" to go along with that. Wink  And this might work:  The Royal Family - Page 9 Smiley80

HeeHee

WORKS FOR ME!!! This is how I feel about THAT Fife I got... PishPosh

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: It's a girl!   The Royal Family - Page 9 EmptySat May 02, 2015 6:32 am

LONDON – Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge, has given birth to a baby, royal officials said Saturday.

Kensington Palace said in a brief statement that Prince William's wife "was safely delivered of a daughter" at 8:34 a.m. London time, less than three hours after she was admitted to central London's St. Mary's Hospital.

The announcement was greeted by cheers outside the hospital, where die-hard royal fans dressed in patriotic Union Jack gear have been camping out on the sidewalk, eagerly awaiting news. A town crier in elaborate costume loudly declared the news at the hospital's door, clanging his bell to welcome the new royal.

The baby weighs 8 pounds 3 ounces. The palace added that Kate, 33, and her child are both doing well, and that Prince William was present for the birth.

The princess is fourth in line to the throne and the fifth great-grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II. The statement said that senior royals have been informed, and "are delighted with the news."

Kate, who wed William in April 2011, gave birth to Prince George at the same hospital in July 2013.

The name of the newborn wasn't expected to be announced immediately. When George was born, officials waited two days before announcing his name.

Betting had for weeks ran heavily in favor of the child being a girl, despite any apparent evidence to back that up.

All the top bets for the baby's name are for girls. Alice and Charlotte are the clear favorites, followed by Elizabeth, Victoria and Diana -- all names with strong connections to royal tradition.

Prince Charles has signaled -- twice -- that he's hoping for a granddaughter, which led some to speculate that Charles had some inside information.

The monarchy has not welcomed a princess born this high up the line of succession since Princess Anne, the queen's second child, was born in 1950.

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, the daughters of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson, were fifth and sixth in line at the time of their birth.

At 21 months, George is currently third in line to the throne, after his grandfather Prince Charles and William. The newborn becomes the fourth in line, bumping Uncle Harry to fifth place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Royal Family   The Royal Family - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Royal Family
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next