Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation! Happy010

A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation! Empty
PostSubject: A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation!   A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:10 am

This is a story that's making the news in my area, and it's about one of the girls from my church.  loveheart  It was a HUGE moment. When Ali was wheeled up to the platform, a walker was placed in front of her, and her chair was locked into place. The entire auditorium went silent. Ali has been wheelchair bound for over two years. She can't speak, can't walk, and has limited use of her arms after a surgery that was necessary to save her life. (She had to have a liver transplant.) Moments later, the auditorium erupted in shouts of joy, as Ali WALKED to accept her diploma!!  Love

Here's the news story:

I WISH I knew how to share the video that her mom shared on Facebook! It's a lengthier video of Ali's walk, and really captures the shock and excitement in the room that night! But it doesn't have a "download" option, and it's set to "friends", so I can't share it here - the security settings won't allow for it. But it's such a beautiful, inspiring story!

Edited to add:
Okay, it doesn't look like the news video's embed code is working, so here's a link to the site

Walking at Graduation

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation! Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation!   A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 8:16 am

What a great story! bawling Thank you for sharing that, Lisa!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation!   A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:51 am

Such a inspiration to all! And what a surprise for everyone watching! stars

A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation! Rhonda10A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation! Headac10

PostSubject: Re: A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation!   A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:34 pm

Good story.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation!   A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation! EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 12:33 am

I heard about this. That must have been such a blessing to everyone there.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation!   A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation! Empty

Back to top Go down

A BIG surprise at Ionia's graduation!
Page 1 of 1