Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Surprise!

Go down 
+4
LIWnut
Lily
Amy
Savannah
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Surprise! Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : Surprise! Happy010

Surprise! Empty
PostSubject: Surprise!   Surprise! EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 6:04 pm

There was supposed to be a big snowstorm south of me, and I wasn't supposed to get any snow out of it. So, I headed to work this afternoon, and there were just a few snowflakes falling. By the time I came out of work, three inches of snow was on the ground! ( Cheer ) The roads, however, were absolutely horrible, because, as I've mentioned before, our town council FORGOT to budget in snow removal for this winter!! ( Huh? ) So, the roads have been particularly bad this winter. So, everybody was crawling their vehicles along. Once I got home, I flipped on the news - and "SURPRISE" lol . . . . We've now been added to the winter storm warning.

Those of you who are in the snowstorm areas - be careful if you have to go out and about. Plans are now changed for me - I'm staying IN tonight.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Surprise! Love-s10

Surprise! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise!   Surprise! EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 7:03 pm

Savannah, my hubby was an hour late getting home because of that dumb snow that you're so excited about! Frying pan I can't even believe this is Easter weekend!! We have family South of us that we're supposed to be visiting Easter Sunday...not sure if that's going to happen now because they're supposed to get hit the worst...10-12 inches. Good grief. I am so DONE with winter!!! :sad5: And yeah, I'm stuck inside too...so much for church tonight.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Surprise! LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Surprise! Vianne10

Surprise! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise!   Surprise! EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 7:07 pm

You're staying in tonight? Uh-oh, does that mean we're stuck with you here tonight? Huh?

I'm only teasing ya, Savannah. grinsmiley Glad to hear you made it home safely. We're supposed to get some snow tomorrow morning. I feel kind of funny celebrating Easter early this year. :unsure:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Surprise! Princesrank
Savannah

Surprise! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise!   Surprise! EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 7:09 pm

Well, I'm only excited about it for MY area, Amy. I TRIED to get the snow to stay here, but you know how obstinate winter weather can be. Besides -the snow is going to stay on the ground whether I like it or not. So I might as well like it. batEyes

Seriously, I hope that your family is able to all get together for Easter. The roads should be cleared by then, I hope! I had to drive 25 mph all the way home, so I know what you mean about getting home late. I'm glad that your husband arrived home safely. {{{Amy}}} In the future, I'll try to hide my excitement about the snow, just for your sake. Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Surprise! Princesrank
Savannah

Surprise! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise!   Surprise! EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 7:10 pm

Lily wrote:
You're staying in tonight? Uh-oh, does that mean we're stuck with you here tonight? Huh?

It means exactly that, Lily! :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Surprise! Cloud910

Surprise! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise!   Surprise! EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 7:31 pm

Savannah, I just got off the phone with my friend Beth and it has been snowing there all day. They have got 8 inches or so. She always threatens that she will blow it over to me. So, if you happen to live between her and I, you may get more yet.
I tried to convince her to blow it up to Diva Lorrie instead so hopefully she will get it and not me.

Surprise! MarilynKeeper Surprise! Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Surprise! Princesrank
Savannah

Surprise! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise!   Surprise! EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 9:46 pm

We've got about six inches now. (Make sure that you don't have Beth send any Amy's way! She'll stop speaking to me! OhMy :haha: )
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Surprise! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise!   Surprise! EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 11:01 pm

Savannah wrote:
We've got about six inches now. (Make sure that you don't have Beth send any Amy's way! She'll stop speaking to me! OhMy :haha: )

Have I mentioned I like living in California? ☮ grinsmiley

Surprise! Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Surprise! Princesrank
Savannah

Surprise! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise!   Surprise! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 11:40 am

:Hahaha: Carol! It's okay, I love where I live, too. LOL

AMY - DON'T READ
THIS!! ------>>>>
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Surprise! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise!   Surprise! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 11:51 am

No snow here, just a lot of cold...Savannah, I hope you can keep it from coming my way! It's always nice when friends share, but, well, there's some things they can just keep! ROTFL It's strange, to me at least, to think of it being Easter tomorrow and it being so cold though!

Surprise! ChristinaKeeper2 Surprise! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21172
Mood : Surprise! Purple2

Surprise! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise!   Surprise! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 11:54 am

In 1980, a little over a month after getting married, we were headed to California from Arkansas and as we were leaving out, it started snowing like crazy......by the time we got to Texas to visit with family, my mother in law called to check on us to make sure we made it to our first stop and to let us know there was about 10 inches of snow on the ground...........OH, did I mention this was the END of APRIL!?!?!? :unsure:

Surprise! Rhonda10Surprise! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Surprise! Princesrank
Savannah

Surprise! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise!   Surprise! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 11:59 am

LOL - It isn't unusual for us to get snow in April. It doesn't happen every year, but we know it's definitely possible. However - it usually isn't TEN inches!! Wow, Rhonda! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Surprise! Love-s10

Surprise! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise!   Surprise! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Savannah wrote:
:Hahaha: Carol! It's okay, I love where I live, too. LOL

AMY - DON'T READ
THIS!! ------>>>>
Spoiler:

Ok, well you just KNEW I would have to read that, little missy!!Surprise! Langue36LOL! Ok, ok, but yes...you keep it on your end, ok??? You're defnitely living in the right area!! Wink

Hey, at least the area that we're supposed to travel too isn't too bad...it was a nice sunny day today, a little warmer too...so hopefully the highway snow is all melted. My hubby's aunt and uncle live in the country though, way back in some woods on a winding road up a hill!! OhMy So not quite sure how we're going to make it to the actual HOUSE! LOL!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Surprise! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise!   Surprise! EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Yes, we got snow too. I went out last night to visit a friend of mine, from Ohio, and her hubby. A group of us met at a local bar. When I left to go home, at around 1:30 a.m., there were several inches on the ground and it was still coming down pretty good. Luckily, I didn't have far to drive home.

It warmed up nicely today though, and most of it has melted already.

Surprise! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Surprise! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprise!   Surprise! Empty

Back to top Go down

Surprise!
Page 1 of 1