Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Little House Miniature Models

Go down 
+24
Honeybee
JW
mikkel
jes9
LIWnut
Praire Girl
Davetucson
Rhonda
Gin
littlehouselover
bethandmanly
Carol
Rob
Krissy
Debbie
Prairie Dweller
Vanesa
amyk
Amy
Lori
alexczarn
Savannah
Joe
J.v.Hunen
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 Love-s10

home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:53 am

I made the Little House in the early 90's but have no picture to prove it. You could lift off the roof and look down into it too. The furniture was made with flat toothpicks. The fireplace was stone also. I have always said I want to try to make another one, but better this time. Soon...maybe. I would love to decorate it up at Christmas.

home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 6:36 pm

That must have been something else...I'm sure you can do it again when the mood strikes.
If so, please share. Smile
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 5:49 pm

This gentleman makes scale models and he has the schoolhouse and store...working on the Little House.

http://mikecozartdesignandmodel.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 6:23 pm

Those are very close! I wonder what materials he uses. I used craft sticks and toothpicks for the house. The shutters and shingles were about 20 flat toothpicks glued together. Took forever just to make a few but they looked really good. I need a better idea for material for the outside of the house. I'm going to do it someday soon!!

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:12 pm

sounds cool.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:51 pm

Gin wrote:
Those are very close! I wonder what materials he uses. I used craft sticks and toothpicks for the house. The shutters and shingles were about 20 flat toothpicks glued together. Took forever just to make a few but they looked really good. I need a better idea for material for the outside of the house. I'm going to do it someday soon!!

Here's what he said about what he used:

Quote :
The model, like the others in this series is made from styrene, foam, vinyl and brass

I've never heard of styrene, but I've never done this kind of crafting before, either. VERY cool. I bet you did a great job with your models, Gin! If you do some more of them, be sure to let us see!
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 1:31 pm

I want this model! Can't find out much about it but this is the pic:

http://littlehouse.wikia.com/wiki/Charles_Ingalls

[url=home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 16iy8gm][IMG]
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 6:17 pm

cool Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 9:04 am

What fun my daughters (and I) would have had with a house like this. : ) I always liked wooden toys and dollhouses but they do cost quite a bit more, this would have been a heirloom.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Has anyone seen this replica of litte house before   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:50 pm

[url=home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 34e9mk0][IMG

I've seen a few times in photos but never at a store or fan site. Maybe it was offered at a Little House play?
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:39 am

no.cool Smile

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Maybe the guy in the picture made it....

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 6:25 pm

I thought that at first but I've seen it on a fan page before...I thought the person said she got it at a play of Little House but of course I can't find it again.

Maybe they just made a few. Nice gift for a fan.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 6:46 am

Dave you were right, the other one I saw was a snow globe and isn't available anymore.

This gentleman Eric Caron has a nice blog about his visit to a Little House reuion where he gave Melissa Giblert and Charlotte Stewart replicas of the little house and school house respectively. He didn't have time to do more considering the time involved. The other pic must have been on another occasion. Very talented! If you hit on the pictures, they enlarge.
Alison also shared a video they did on a visit back to Simi Valley...many fans might have seen it already on You Tube. Kind of sad seeing it gone.
http://beyondlittlehouse.com/2011/04/26/little-house-in-simi-valley/

Here is the source:
http://www.zunshine.com/littlehouse/tombstone.html
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:14 pm

I probably takes too much time and is a work of love, but he could make some money with those I'm sure. I know people who collect Pioneer nostalgia or Little House items would love them.
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:30 am

Eric does a great job making these. In 2009 he donated one for auction at the LHOP cast reunion in Keystone, SD. It sold for a pretty penny because he is the only one who makes them.

home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 MarilynKeeper home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:18 am

how neat

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:00 am

That's where I first saw the picture, it must have been the auction and I thought they were selling them, mass-produced. Quite a talented guy.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:03 pm

This was on 'Prairie Fans" site, under "NEWS", it shows the inside of the school replica which is linked above. Such talent, I'm always in awe.

http://prairiefans.com/
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 11:51 pm

Wow! That's really impressive! Very well done! OhMy

Vanesa.

home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Wow, even the green curtains and the stove are there! Great job!

home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
mikkel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: LHOTP replica   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 4:45 pm

Do you guys know that a man living in france has built a LHOTP homestead replica? I saw some pictures of it and it's pretty the same of the one in simi valley.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:11 pm

I know Erik in Canada had made some, but I didn't know anyone in France had done it, too.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
mikkel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 6:29 pm

That is great! I've been wanting for years to make a MODEL of one. He has made a life size! If I had land somewhere, I might just do that too!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little House Miniature Models   home - Little House Miniature Models - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Little House Miniature Models
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next